Sign in to follow this  
TheActMan

Why is Halo 5's User Interface so Bad?

Great video. I run into those REQ bugs every time I play the game.

They have one of the best UI design legacies in the history of gaming to work from. Like you said, it's like they have an aversion to building off of Bungie's foundation.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Great video. I run into those REQ bugs every time I play the game.

They have one of the best UI design legacies in the history of gaming to work from. Like you said, it's like they have an aversion to building off of Bungie's foundation.

Thanks man! Yea the req bugs happen WAAAY too often! And since the whole game revolves around these reqs, bugs that prevent using reqs are utterly game-breaking!

• Upvote (+1) 1

One of my biggest pet pieces with the Halo 5 UI is that it takes so many click to see you friends list and sent an invite. Reach did it the best, simply just listing everyone playing in the main menu, including who was partied up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One of my biggest pet pieces with the Halo 5 UI is that it takes so many click to see you friends list and sent an invite. Reach did it the best, simply just listing everyone playing in the main menu, including who was partied up.

Yea that's a good point! Something as small as having your friends on the side of the main menu makes all the difference!

Solid video. 

A few things are outdated (such as the map names/gametypes being listed in a weird order but regardless, it covers a lot of my dislikes with the UI.

• Upvote (+1) 2

X -> whatever the send invite button is. That's not too many.

I can hardly load the REQ service anymore. I can't play the game when I get "retrieving data" for 30 seconds and earn nothing from playing.

Everything 343 touches is shitty in some way. They just can't do something 100% properly.

I think a lot of the UI issues stem from the "everyone is a winner!" attitude. So much is hidden so people don't have to deal with the reality that someone *gasp* may be better than them at a video game

Or things are simply not in the game in order to force people to visit waypoint. But waypoint is horribly designed as well.