Sign in to follow this  
Von Manstein

Drug Testing in Competitive Halo?

i wish the HCS would require all players to get tested but i feel like it's just bad publicity 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i wish the HCS would require all players to get tested but i feel like it's just bad publicity 

No it's not. Drug users should never have great privileges such as playing in the HCS or walking in the streets. I would have so much respect for 343 if they did this.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

No it's not. Drug users should never have great privileges such as playing in the HCS or walking in the streets. I would have so much respect for 343 if they did this.

alcohol is a drug  :kappa:

i don't have a problem with drug users, just people who use PED's in competitions 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually no.

Drug testing is in all sports, it would just add to the legitimacy of eSports. It would be a good thing! Drug testing in other eSports leagues have been met with much praise. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Actually no.

Drug testing is in all sports, it would just add to the legitimacy of eSports. It would be a good thing! Drug testing in other eSports leagues have been met with much praise. 

that's true, i'm happy esl does it

tbh i think we should just stop playing halo and have adderall contests 

Anybody that is set on abusing things like Adderall would just doctor shop until somebody gives them a valid prescription anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know too much about drug tests, but if you could test only for adderall and similar drugs i'd be for it however that would be really expensive I bet + the money isn't even close to being there. Don't want to have tests that could indicate things like marijuana

I don't know too much about drug tests, but if you could test only for adderall and similar drugs i'd be for it however that would be really expensive I bet + the money isn't even close to being there. Don't want to have tests that could indicate things like marijuana

a saliva test is the solution to all of this, it's cheap, fast, and only detects drugs recently used

• Cocaine: 1 day
  • Opiates: Up to 2-3 days
  • Meth and ecstasy: Up to 2 to 4 days
  • Alcohol: 6-12 hours
  • Marijuana: 1 day

and fyi marijuana is a banned PED according to the world anti doping agency (the people in charge drug rules for the olympics, which are the same rules ESL abides by)

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is already going on with ESL already having done test runs of it at some Counterstrike events. They have found an outside unbiased governing body that would run the tests and it would only prevent you from showing up to the events under the influence if certain drugs not checking what's in your system before each match.

Along with that though before testing gets serious because I do think that adderall overly helps a lot of people in halo, there needs to be a union set in place for esports in general because who do you go to when the test comes back positive but you know you aren't under the influence of any drugs? Or when you kicked out of the event and your sponsors/organization find out why you got kicked out? Not only would it be bad for your image but it could potentially hurt any opportunity for you to further progress in esports whether as a player or behind the scenes. The track record will always be there and in esports nobody forgets drama.

So in other words union before drug test so now if you feel like your getting out adderall'ed by the other team and you don't want to take adderall to make it fair then take the L and keep on moving

• Upvote (+1) 1

a saliva test is the solution to all of this, it's cheap, fast, and only detects drugs recently used

and fyi marijuana is a banned PED according to the world anti doping agency (the people in charge drug rules for the olympics, which are the same rules ESL abides by)
I think they would distinguish between what's a performance enhancing drug and what isn't (although in reality that would vary from person to person). I doubt many people would perform better stoned or drunk for example. To some extent I like the idea of testing because I believe it will negate this stereotype that all these guys are on Addie, like you hear people constantly saying in twitch chat. It's degrading to the players.

what about if you have a legit script for addy? although i think it does the opposite for people with adhd as opposed to people without. like my room mate in college had adhd and had addy script and it made him function normal. but when i took it i was a cleaning, learning, focused machine lol

what about if you have a legit script for addy? although i think it does the opposite for people with adhd as opposed to people without. like my room mate in college had adhd and had addy script and it made him function normal. but when i took it i was a cleaning, learning, focused machine lol

if you have a prescription then you would be exempt

it all has to do with brain chemistry, not everyone's brain produces all the chemicals it needs to naturally, that's why certain people need adderall

when "normal" people take it their brain produces extra "chemicals" and that's where you get the super focused effects from

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol at MJ and alcohol somehow "enhancing performance". Not to dog on you, just poking fun at the rules. Makes 0 sense

It obviously should be done.

If you're putting millions of dollars out there as a prize you have a responsibility to make sure people are not hurting themselves in an effort to win that money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol at MJ and alcohol somehow "enhancing performance". Not to dog on you, just poking fun at the rules. Makes 0 sense

When MJ decides to play Halo with me, I don't miss a shot. I just don't call out much and the games feel hella long lol

They should drug test Frank Oconnor.   Clearly he was on drugs during the development of MCC.......

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why shouldn't they? No reason not to.

It won't harm the scene; if anything, it shows it has standards.

The amount of people prescribed stimulants for ADHD relative to the number of those prescribed it who it actually has daily benefits for is unreal.

Its no magic pill, but it can help. If i had a choice to be prescribed addy though or wake up feeling however normal people feel id choose to not be on it without hesitation.