HaloNut252

Is Halo 5 worth buying an XBox One for?

Reach was not worth buying a console for

I'll say it was the weakest Bungie title from a competitive standpoint, but still more enjoyable than any other major game out at the time (thanks mostly to its BTB and custom games), and certainly better than anything 343 has put out.

I'll agree with the PC vote.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Overall ive been pretty disappointed with the xbox one, H5 is good if you have the time to dedicate to it because theres a good learning curve. 

I pretty much play Rocket league, Halo and Blops 3. 

Ill always say if you have the money buy a PC, if you like Halo buy an xbox, if you dont like Halo buy a PS4.

There are SOOOOOOO many games that absolutely blow H5 out of the water - if you are going to get an Xbox, don't do it just for H5.  Otherwise you just wasted your money. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have an xbox one just for Halo 5 and I don't regret it. But some people do soo their is no right answer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I use my Xbox One every day, it's been worth the purchase for me. If you can see yourself using it for other games and media center stuff, then I'd say go for it.

But if how much you use your system is riding just on Halo 5...then I'd say no. No one game is worth the price of an entire console.

Depends on many variables. I traded in my ps4 for an xb1 when the MCC became playable and H5 looked half decent. I don't regret it.

+1 for PC.

Edit: I would say even if you are a huge Halo fan to wait for a Halo PC announcement. Seeing as how Forza, Gears, and Quantum Break are coming to PC it's not a stretch in saying Halo isn't far behind.

Another reason to wait:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/1/11121666/xbox-one-hardware-upgrades-phil-spencer-microsoft

Call me technologically challenged but PC gaming just annoys me. It's too complicated. Console gaming is nice and streamlined.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Call me technologically challenged but PC gaming just annoys me. It's too complicated. Console gaming is nice and streamlined.

It's far less stressful to me and I can do anything and everything on one machine. What's complicated about it to you though? Installing drivers? Building the PC itself? 

Edit: I've done some more complicated stuff like flashing my GPU BIOS and even that wasn't bad as long as you have the patience to watch a video or read a guide. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

it's really not complicated

it's only complicated if you want it to be

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think we can all agree that's it's much simpler to just buy a console and 99% of the time, games are going to run smoothly. For a PC you need to make sure your PC parts are up to date, all your drivers, etc. 

PC gaming is obviously a better experience if you know what you're doing, but some people don't and they'd rather just pick it up, play and not have to worry about upgrading their components every year or so.

• Upvote (+1) 4

it's really not complicated

it's only complicated if you want it to be

It's more complicated than a console.

General rule of thumb when buying a console is that if you don't see 3 exclusives that you need to play, then the console isn't worth the purchase. If you're buying an Xbox One just for Halo 5, then that's a bad idea. I've been owning an Xbox One since Day 1 and the only two exclusives that I've enjoyed is Forza Horizon 2 and Gears of War: UE. What a disappointing generation...hopefully Crackdown 3, Gears 4, and Sea of Thieves are good.

General rule of thumb when buying a console is that if you don't see 3 exclusives that you need to play, then the console isn't worth the purchase. If you're buying an Xbox One just for Halo 5, then that's a bad idea. I've been owning an Xbox One since Day 1 and the only two exclusives that I've enjoyed is Forza Horizon 2 and Gears of War: UE. What a disappointing generation...hopefully Crackdown 3, Gears 4, and Sea of Thieves are good.

If you're buying the xb1 for halo in general though you'l get 3+ exclusives eventually.

What's complicated about it to you though? You use a computer for some stuff right? Or is it the hardware part that's confusing? 

They have off the shelf gaming PCs.  What makes that more complicated?  You don't have to even build it. 

They have off the shelf gaming PCs.  What makes that more complicated?  You don't have to even build it. 

Most people really have no other reason than I am used to a controller, and I like it. I have played console for all my life, but even I must admit that a PC generally is much better. Tons more games, cheaper games, even a massive amount of free games, better graphics, and then there is keyboard and mouse vs controller, subjective and it depends on the type of game.  

The only con, is really the price. 

They have off the shelf gaming PCs. What makes that more complicated? You don't have to even build it.

That it will be outdated in 1-3 years and then you're left with either having to upgrade specific parts of the PC you already have or buy an all new, up to date PC. Plus the only way you will know your PC is out dated is buy buying a game and realising your PC can't run it.

Really depends on what you're looking for. If you are looking for something to just game on and don't really care about H5 THAT much, then PC would probably be your best bet. If you're genuinely interested in H5 then I think it may be worth your investment. I haven't enjoyed a Halo game this much since Halo 2, but everybody is different.

A lot of people have come back to Halo since the H1/H2/H3 days to play H5. Game is a lot of fun and can be very exciting.

Not sure if you currently are a PC gamer, but it's definitely the more superior when it comes to gaming. Just have to deal with the cost of maintaining (upgrades, bad parts, etc) the PC. It doesn't have to be expensive, but it can become expensive fast.

If you are considering an Xbone just for Halo 5, you may want to see what else the console has to offer. There are some good games currently out and more coming this year. Plus Xbox Live has a great online community.

Just have to be okay with paying for something that cost a lot more than it's worth.

What's complicated about it to you though? You use a computer for some stuff right? Or is it the hardware part that's confusing?

Literally every, single aspect of PC gaming is more complicated than it's console counterpart.