HaloNut252

Is Halo 5 worth buying an XBox One for?

If you enjoyed previous Halos, then yes, I'd say it's worth it, though don't pay more than $230 or so used for the system itself

I would assume by now there is more than enough content all over the Internet and forums for you to answer your question.

For me personally I'd say no. I've never played but there is enough content out already for me to see that it's something that wouldn't interest me.

Sub par story but beautiful and fun Campaign gameplay.

Multiplayer is subjective in every way but I'd definitely recommend it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

as much as i want to support my community and bring in as many new faces as possible i cant be involved in your decision. it's all about how much you love halo and how dedicated to the series you are. i don't play any other game

As someone who has gotten to play it without having to pay for a personal Xbone, I'd honestly had to say no myself. It has a lot of positives but too many negatives for my taste...it really depends on how much you like 343i's previous work and whether you're willing to blow that much money on a platform just for Halo, or if you think you'd enjoy other Xbone games.

Never get a console for a single game. I did it for MCC and I got burned.

If you're gonna buy an Xbox One, buy it because you want to play Xbox One games.

That means Halo 5, GoW, Rare Replay, etc.

It's tough.  As much as I dislike H5 it is pretty much the only game that I play.

No.

I hate to sound like a Bungie fanboy, but only the first four Halo games were really worth buying a console for. I very rarely play Halo 5, only to check out updates and get reminded why I don't play it much.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You would have to really love Halo 5. If you're looking for general gaming then get a sick desktop or a PS4 if money is tight. If not then just buy it all because fuck it lol (at least that's how I explain my spending habits to myself). The way I generally think of it is I typically spend $50-60 on 30-40 hour games and generally just break down how much I typically spend per hour of entertainment to judge how worthy something is of my money. I've already justified my xbox purchase with just H5 if we're going down that avenue.

Get a decent PC instead. The xbone is extremely weak for its price, you still have to pay for XBL gold while XBL is down multiple times every month.

H5 and 343 are very controversial subjects around these parts, you have to make up your own mind on that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No.

I hate to sound like a Bungie fanboy, but only the first four Halo games were really worth buying a console for. I very rarely play Halo 5, only to check out updates and get reminded why I don't play it much.

Reach was not worth buying a console for

• Upvote (+1) 3

Get a decent PC instead. The xbone is extremely weak for its price, you still have to pay for XBL gold while XBL is down multiple times every month.

H5 and 343 are very controversial subjects around these parts, you have to make up your own mind on that.

This. Get a PC and get to play twice, maybe three times as many games instead. Just think about all the "exclusives" PC have compared to PS4 and Xbox one. 

Halo 5 isn't even worth the money you have to pay already, and at least not worth to invest in a console for.

Halo 5's multiplayer is really bad. Sprint, thruster, long kill times, pretty much abysmal game design.

Join the PC master race. I did, and dropping halo for the PC life was a great decision. Much better games, usually half the cost (sometimes free to play).

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Definitely. Halo 5 is different than other Halo games, but it's great in its own way. It's hard to recommend a new console just for one single game so don't buy a new Xbox One unless you are interested in other Xbox games. Otherwise buy a used one for cheap and welcome to the club!

Another vote for getting a PC over a console.

That being said one is obviously much more expensive...

I do not personally think H5 is worth picking up an Xbone for if that's all you plan on doing with it.

• Upvote (+1) 4