HaloNut252

Is Halo 5 worth buying an XBox One for?

And then we all sit on chairs and stare at a 20 inch monitor.

Fun.

Or on the couch with your TV of choice, either way. 

20" monitor? Ha

Edit: @ Could show you pictures of his setup. 2 monitors, one being a 27" 4k the other a 24" 144hz, AND a 40-something inch TV in the same room all hooked up through his PC. When he wants to play something chill like Rocket League he loads up Steam Big Picture on the TV and sits back on the couch with his Xbox controller hooked up via wireless dongle while using his speakers or wireless headset. Playing something fast like Dirty Bomb? 144hz it is. Playing something like the Witcher 3? 4k monitor or TV.

The whole "crouched over your keyboard" thing is the worst argument against PC gaming ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'll put it this way; when H5 dropped, I gave away my Xb1 to my friend and bought a Wii... Game is awful by Halo standards and if you have no shot at winning decent money playing it, I don't know how anyone who's been around since the trilogy can support this poor man's Halo made by this atrocious dev (buying an xb1 would be worth it if MCC wasn't in the pathetic state it's in.)

There are a lot of competitive games one can pick up and where you don't have to get frustrated by all the H5 and 343 bullshit. (I mostly play Quake Live and SSBM now). btw if you want to build a computer that's in the same price range while actually being more powerful than any console, check out the pcmasterrace subreddit

edit: not sure if this is common knowledge or not but, never buy a "gaming" PC (i.e. wasted $$ on an i7 when gaming doesn't benefit from it), build it yourself there's nothing intimidating about it, PC parts were made to be put together by the average person.

• Upvote (+1) 4

And then we all sit on chairs and stare at a 20 inch monitor.

Fun.

that would be like, your choice man

i'm sure most people own tv's with hdmi inputs 

however, considering your stance on pc gamin that might be a little "too complicated" for you

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or on the couch with your TV of choice, either way. 

20" monitor? Ha

Edit: @ Could show you pictures of his setup. 2 monitors, one being a 27" 4k the other a 24" 144hz, AND a 40-something inch TV in the same room all hooked up through his PC. When he wants to play something chill like Rocket League he loads up Steam Big Picture on the TV and sits back on the couch with his Xbox controller hooked up via wireless dongle while using his speakers or wireless headset. Playing something fast like Dirty Bomb? 144hz it is. Playing something like the Witcher 3? 4k monitor or TV.

The whole "crouched over your keyboard" thing is the worst argument against PC gaming ever. 

My beast setup has been outed.  :)

This weekend, as I've done many times before, I'm setting up my PC monitor on my coffee table in my living room so I can game hearthstone on the couch.

PC gaming doesn't automatically restrict you to a computer chair.

This weekend, as I've done many times before, I'm setting up my PC monitor on my coffee table in my living room so I can game hearthstone on the couch.

PC gaming doesn't automatically restrict you to a computer chair.

Indeed. I have a 15ft HDMI cable that I use to plug in my TV as a second monitor. Combined with an iPad app called AirMouse I can navigate my desktop from my couch, using my TV. I play Halo PC from my couch sometimes, though if I'm going to get serious I usually get on my monitor because less input lag.

Greetings, Traveller

That it will be outdated in 1-3 years and then you're left with either having to upgrade specific parts of the PC you already have or buy an all new, up to date PC. Plus the only way you will know your PC is out dated is buy buying a game and realising your PC can't run it.

The computer I have right now has better specs than the Xbox or Playstation will have 2 generations from now.

The fact that you have to question if Halo is worth a console is enough to say NO. I've went through the 2 original Xbox and 3 Xbox 360 just for H2/H3.

I wouldn't even take a free Xbox one for Halo 5, I have better things to use 1 square foot of space for.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I absolutely love both halo 5 and pc gaming. I would say buying a used xbox would be a great choice.