HaloNut252

Is Halo 5 worth buying an XBox One for?

That it will be outdated in 1-3 years and then you're left with either having to upgrade specific parts of the PC you already have or buy an all new, up to date PC. Plus the only way you will know your PC is out dated is buy buying a game and realising your PC can't run it.

Your xbox one was outdated the day it came out bruh

Literally every, single aspect of PC gaming is more complicated than it's console counterpart.

If you can post on a forum you can play PC games.  lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Your xbox one was outdated the day it came out bruh

But there are never going to be outdated in comparison to the games that are released for it. Consoles will only ever be outdated in terms of other platforms. PCs can become outdated in relation to the software that is released for that platform.

I think we can all agree that's it's much simpler to just buy a console and 99% of the time, games are going to run smoothly. For a PC you need to make sure your PC parts are up to date, all your drivers, etc. 

PC gaming is obviously a better experience if you know what you're doing, but some people don't and they'd rather just pick it up, play and not have to worry about upgrading their components every year or so.

Soon Xbox may going the way of having to upgrade hardware every year.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/1/11121666/xbox-one-hardware-upgrades-phil-spencer-microsoft

Consoles are slowly becoming PCs, constant updates, quitting the build, controller updates, the entire UI getting switched around, hardware updates.

Anyways M$ has to embrace PC gaming now, they need it. They effectively lost the console war and they need to sell more their games. Which is what they are going to do with the Universal Windows Platform.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly, just trying to get a party going on MCC is more complicated than anything I've run into on PC, that includes building it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Soon Xbox may going the way of having to upgrade hardware every year.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/1/11121666/xbox-one-hardware-upgrades-phil-spencer-microsoft

Consoles are slowly becoming PCs, constant updates, quitting the build, controller updates, the entire UI getting switched around, hardware updates.

Anyways M$ has to embrace PC gaming now, they need it. They effectively lost the console war and they need to sell more their games. Which is what they are going to do with the Universal Windows Platform.

Such a stupid gameplan. Why make your console an inferior PC? People will just jump to PC gaming then and abandon the xbox. Make your console a kickass console. Embrace what makes consoles good.

-Easy of use

-Consistency

-IN PERSON COUCH MULTIPLAYER

Such a stupid gameplan. Why make your console an inferior PC? People will just jump to PC gaming then and abandon the xbox. Make your console a kickass console. Embrace what makes consoles good.

-Easy of use

-Consistency

consoles are already inferior pc's

and you can play pc games on the couch EZ mode

• Upvote (+1) 2

You could either buy a PC which will require you to put some extra work into it for amazing games with great dev support for cheap, or you could take the easy route and get a console for, let's face it, games as poorly designed as h5 with no dev support for $60 retail.

The funny thing about dev support is that I see people here raving about how we need to keep the halo 5 tournament settings as close to garbage default settings as possible in the interest of dev support- PC game's dev support makes their console counterparts look like a joke. A PC game developer would never go completely silent on something like aiming preferences (I highly recommend you look into halo 5's shortcomings, which includes the aiming mechanics, before investing hundreds of dollars in it).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is Halo 5 worth buying an XBox One for?

Christ, no! It's not even worth buying Halo 5 if you're already stuck with an x1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You could either buy a PC which will require you to put some extra work into it for amazing games with great dev support for cheap, or you could take the easy route and get a console for, let's face it, games as poorly designed as h5 with no dev support for $60 retail.

The funny thing about dev support is that I see people here raving about how we need to keep the halo 5 tournament settings as close to garbage default settings as possible in the interest of dev support- PC game's dev support makes their console counterparts look like a joke. A PC game developer would never go completely silent on something like aiming preferences (I highly recommend you look into halo 5's shortcomings, which includes the aiming mechanics, before investing hundreds of dollars in it).

When Valve fucked up on the CSGO update a few months back the community raged and they had to release an apology statement. Its a shame the console community can't realize that they have the power to change things.   

• Upvote (+1) 2

PC gaming isn't what it used to be. What made it great up until around 2010 was community-hosted dedicated servers, modding tools, optimized performance, etc. Now it seems that the recommended specs for games have sky-rocketed, we aren't seeing much in terms of custom modding tools and community hosted dedicated servers, lots of games ship with terrible mouse/keyboard control... Don't get me wrong, there have always been bad PC ports, but it's as if there is considerably less effort that's put in to making an unforgettable PC experience. The majority of games that PC players play are console ports. And Microsoft's plan with Windows 10 exclusive games is just going to feed the monster. They really learned nothing from GFWL.

Some stuff looks promising (like Reflex), but being a PC gamer used to mean more than just running games at max graphics.

-Easy of use

-Consistency

They are already are inferior in every way I can think of. There are games that allow split screen on PC btw. 

Their plan, so it seems, is to unify their Windows Applications across the PC and Xbox with their Universal Windows Applications (UWA) system. If a dev can make a game for the X1 putting it on PC would require VERY little effort if they use the UWA because the X1 is using a slightly modified version of Windows 10. If this rumor is true, the next Xbox system would be running the same OS but with better hardware so a dev could make a game and it would be playable on both the X1 and whatever the upgraded one is called but it would run better on the new one. 

So say the new xbox came out, Halo 5 would be playable on that system too, it would just (hopefully) be able to maintain a constant 1080p with anti-aliasing. They need to do something when VR becomes more mainstream because that is going to take off faster than anything and Xbox will be left behind if they don't do something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

consoles are already inferior pc's

and you can play pc games on the couch EZ mode

Splitscreen PC games?

Splitscreen PC games?

Portal 2 is split screen on PC for example and it is also possible to play on multiple monitors with one PC. How many console games even have split screen support nowadays? 

Edit: http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Split%20Screen/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

Bonus edit: Play with M/KB, Xbox 360 controller, Xbox One Controller, PS4 controller, Racing wheels, flight sticks, Super Nintendo Controller, PS2 controller, etc.  You the see the point. 

How does that even work?

multiple xb1 controllers via usb

if you have a dual display set up each player gets their own screen

works up to 4 players

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you can post on a forum you can play PC games.  lol.

For me to play Witcher 3 on PC (at decent settings) requires quite a bit of labor in putting together a PC and at least $600-$700 ... or I can just buy an XB1 used for $250 and play it on console.  I don't really see the advantage of PC gaming in most instances (for my own gaming preferences at least).

Reach was not worth buying a console for

For anybody who didn't give a shit about competitive, it was. Forge world, custom games, Invasion, Firefight, armour customisation, file share, casual playlists out the wazooo.

We've said this stuff before, it was a bestseller for a good reason, just not reasons you align with.

Halo 5... no imo

• Upvote (+1) 4

For me to play Witcher 3 on PC (at decent settings) requires quite a bit of labor in putting together a PC and at least $600-$700 ... or I can just buy an XB1 used for $250 and play it on console.  I don't really see the advantage of PC gaming in most instances (for my own gaming preferences at least).

You put "used" in your console price but not the PC? I could build a PC capable of running The Witcher 3 at console grade quality with parts bought off eBay, OCN, etc for $300 easy. 

I would never do that though because I want 1080p+ 60fps+ but the point still stands. 

The advantages of PC gaming are massive. I could make a bulleted list over an entire page if I wanted to. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You put "used" in your console price but not the PC? I could build a PC capable of running The Witcher 3 at console grade quality with parts bought off eBay, OCN, etc for $300 easy. 

I would never do that though because I want 1080p+ 60fps+ but the point still stands. 

The advantages of PC gaming are massive. I could make a bulleted list over an entire page if I wanted to. 

Oh believe me, if it weren't for console-exclusive games (for me, Halo, MGS, and Final Fantasy) I would play only PC; I'm aware of the advantages (and skeptical that $300 could run Witcher 3 at reasonably high specs, but maybe?).  I guess my wider point is just that if I'm already buying a console to play console-exclusive games, it definitely makes no sense to also build a gaming PC.

For anybody who didn't give a shit about competitive, it was. Forge world, custom games, Invasion, Firefight, armour customisation, file share, casual playlists out the wazooo.

We've said this stuff before, it was a bestseller for a good reason, just not reasons you align with.

Halo 5... no imo

The sales of that game fell of a cliff and the online player retention at that time, for a Halo game, was unthinkably low.

Bad gameplay is bad gameplay.

multiple xb1 controllers via usb

if you have a dual display set up each player gets their own screen

works up to 4 players

And then we all sit on chairs and stare at a 20 inch monitor.

Fun.