Sign in to follow this  
LunaticWolf

Gaming Monitor and Headset

So I've recently been debating on getting a monitor and headset to improve my game a bit. I've always been to lazy to do either but now the idea of being held back by my equipment frustrates me. After some research I'm looking at HyperX Cloud headset and a BenQ RL2455HM 24 inch monitor. Do these seem like decent enough things to game on? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

So I've recently been debating on getting a monitor and headset to improve my game a bit. I've always been to lazy to do either but now the idea of being held back by my equipment frustrates me. After some research I'm looking at HyperX Cloud headset and a BenQ RL2455HM 24 inch monitor. Do these seem like decent enough things to game on? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

Monitor is good.

HyperX Cloud I or II?

I am using HyperX Cloud I and they are good, but the xbox one controller can't give them too much juice.

You are better with an amplified headset (that get power from usb in the xbox).

I had to buy a DDS2 (not the DDS1 cant use mic in the x1, not aux port) to get good sound and power for the Clouds, but ended with too many cables :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should be fine with these.  I would recommend getting an Astro Mixamp. I don't have any experience with the HyperX headsets, but have always heard good things. Good luck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Monitor is good.

HyperX Cloud I or II?

I am using HyperX Cloud I and they are good, but the xbox one controller can't give them too much juice.

You are better with an amplified headset (that get power from usb in the xbox).

I had to buy a DDS2 (not the DDS1 cant use mic in the x1, not aux port) to get good sound and power for the Clouds, but ended with too many cables :(

I'm not sure, it doesn't specify. 

You should be fine with these.  I would recommend getting an Astro Mixamp. I don't have any experience with the HyperX headsets, but have always heard good things. Good luck.

What would I use the mixamp for? I've never used a headset with one before, sorry for being ignorant.

Thanks to both of you guys though!

I now realize that when I went to edit the quote into this post it just made an new post, sorry for the double post.

Okay after doing some research I've figured it out. Technically you don't need the mixamp.  If you have a newer controller they have the 3.5mm jack on the bottom already, if not you need the stereo headset adapter. Then just plug and play and you'll be good to go. If you wanted get the Astro mixamp it will give you digital 7.1 surround through your headset. There's a lot of debate regarding digital surround vs stereo and such, but I've always had an amazing experience with my Astros and Mixamp.

It will also let you control voice and regular sound to find the best for both (you can do this with the guide button now, but its easier being able to switch it on the fly without having to open up the guide, etc).  Also you can have the mixamp plugged in to your computer (usb) and to the xbox (optical) and get both PC sound, game sound, and chat). Just a thought but if you decide to go with just the headset you should be fine.

Monitors.

Here or Here for headset talk.

BenQ, Samsung, Dell, Asus or LG make great monitors. TN panel will better suit you if you play FPS if not go for an IPS.

Hyper X Cloud II is currently the best headset on the market via it's price point. Otherwise look into Logitech, Sennheiser or Steel Series.

I have the Logitech G633 headset. USB into my PC and use the 3.5mm on my scuf so I can hear game sounds and chat on either XB1 or my PC. I love it. 

I play CS more than any game so it was nice to not have to buy another headset for the console. It also works on my PS4 via straight USB. 

I used to have Astros back in the day and I didn't really like them. I believe they're much better now but I still don't think they're worth the money. 

Not sure what thread to post this in.

I've been having trouble with my Astro A50s.

People say they cant hear me very well like the volume is too low.

I've updated the firmware and switched controllers.

help pls

anyone have a40 TRs and use them to get xbox game audio and skype on PC? can't get it to work. 

anyone have a40 TRs and use them to get xbox game audio and skype on PC? can't get it to work. 

How do you have things set up?

How do you have things set up?

usb to PC and PC mode on mixamp, optical from mixamp to Xbox

usb to PC and PC mode on mixamp, optical from mixamp to Xbox

Go into your sound settings(Playback) and make sure your have the MixAmp set as your default device. Same with your microphone too

GQHKtja.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go into your sound settings(Playback) and make sure your have the MixAmp set as your default device. Same with your microphone too

GQHKtja.png

got it finally jeesh, don't recall having to do this with 2k13 mixamp.

• Upvote (+1) 1

got it finally jeesh, don't recall having to do this with 2k13 mixamp.

Glad you got it sorted out!

Just a warning but sometimes it might not be the default audio output when you update or restart the PC so you might have to go back and set it as default again.

• Upvote (+1) 1