NobleGundam

Should Halo 3 Equipments Return To Future Halos?

• Bubble Shield (yes)

• Power Drain (yes)

• Regeneration (nerf it, no)

• Trip Mine (ok)

• Jammer (no)

• Gravity Lift (Yes, Le Crate Splatter)

• Deployable Shield (meh)

• Invincibility (Invulnerability) (no)

• Camouflage (Invisibility) (no)

• Auto-Turret (no)

• Flare (no)

Would Equipments "&" Armor Abilities work in future Halo multiplayer?

Think of Halo 3 equipment map control mixing with Team Throwdown settings, BTB, and Etc.

*Bring back Power ups* instead of Ordnance.

Halo doesn't need these qualities. But they do offer some benefit of mixing the gameplay and flow if balanced just right, imo.

What say you?

Update:

Looking at all the feedback has been positive, so far, from fans that actually Do support the equipments into future Halo multiplayer, so long as it doesn't negatively effect gameplay AND would rather prefer them over Armor Abilities.

Most people in the competitive scene weren't big fans of equipment either. I'm sure we're more accepting now that armor abilities have tainted our virgin waters though.

I personally think neither have a place in competitive settings. I'm pretty apathetic towards any other playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Equipment in Halo 3 was fine - it wasn't game breaking and would spawn every 2-3 minutes.

Even if equipment doesn't have a purpose in competitive settings, it's fun to use in regular matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Forgot about the grav lift ;)

I always went for that thing on High Ground back in the day. But yes equipment > ordinance imo.

Well, I'd much rather have equipment than AAs. Now that I think of it, Equipment could have far more interesting uses in comp play then AAs could.

Sure, have equipment for social gametypes/customs but of course leave it out of ranked/competitive playlists.

Just a question to those saying no equipment/on-map AA's in competitive play. Why? If you put them on good timers and have them in good locations, they can affect gameplay just like power weapons and powerups (camo, overshield). Plus, they can add even more of a skill gap if you have skillful ones on the map (just look at how Hardlight and Thruster are used in competitive play). 

To address the original post, I think they should stay. I also think the competitive community should be more willing to discuss their possible use, as long as they are on map pickups. BTW, I like the Halo reach/halo 4 concept of multi-use abilities which expire upon death. They allow for more complex strategical play, instead of single-use tactical play with things like the power drain (which is more of a weapon than equipment anyway) or bubble shield.

Please don't neg-rep, just discuss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Equipment over Armor Abilities, but I would rather have none honestly. 

Just a question to those saying no equipment/on-map AA's in competitive play. Why? If you put them on good timers and have them in good locations, they can affect gameplay just like power weapons and powerups (camo, overshield). Plus, they can add even more of a skill gap if you have skillful ones on the map (just look at how Hardlight and Thruster are used in competitive play). 

To address the original post, I think they should stay. I also think the competitive community should be more willing to discuss their possible use, as long as they are on map pickups. BTW, I like the Halo reach/halo 4 concept of multi-use abilities which expire upon death. They allow for more complex strategical play, instead of single-use tactical play with things like the power drain (which is more of a weapon than equipment anyway) or bubble shield.

Please don't neg-rep, just discuss.

Well, think if there was a power drain on map as a power weapon. It could easily work, as it basically would be a 1 use "weapon" that could be thrown to try and get a few enemies weak to be cleaned up easily. 

Another good one I can think of is a "damage shield" which is basically a bubble shield that collapses under a certain amount of damage.Lets say you grab the 1 that spawns every 2 minutes, and use it to cover yourself while extracting. If you play your cards right and only 1 member of the opposing team is alive you can buy yourself time to extract, however if 2 or more are still alive the shield gets naded out quick and you're a sitting duck.

Equipment - single use on map pick ups

Grav Lift - tap to drop Equipment that propels players, vehicles and objects upward, limited duration

Regenerator - tap to drop Equipment that creates a green sphere that eliminates shield recharge delay while inside, limited duration

Detection Field - tap to drop Equipment that creates an invisible sphere that marks the first enemy to pass through it with a waypoint visible only to you, active until destroyed or tripped

Hologram - tap to send a visual copy of the player forward, disappears if shot

Spotting Scope - tap to temporarily mark a targeted enemy with a waypoint visible to you and your team

Optical Cloak - tap to switch to the enemy team's color and species

Repair Tool - hold to activate a tool that gradually repairs vehicles that it touches, vehicles have multiple sections that must be individually repaired, vehicle occupants take damage during repair, usage gradually drains a battery

Tractor Beam - hold to fire a continuous beam that pulls objects, players or vehicles to the user, usage gradually drains a battery

Flare - tap to throw a lit flare that will illuminate dark areas and ignite flammable substances or items

Cryo Canister - tap to throw a canister that freezes players or water impacted by it, frozen water can be walked on for a brief period, frozen players are alive and will thaw after a few seconds, frozen players can be smashed with a melee attack, smashing a frozen objective carrier resets the objective

Power Drain - tap to roll a ball a short distance that creates a blue sphere that drains shields, ball pulls players towards it and eventually explodes

Gravity Well - tap to roll a ball a short distance that creates a hole in the ground that kills any players or vehicle that fall in

Hard Light Shield - tap to toggle a barrier in front of the player on or off

Hard Light Glider - tap to toggle a hang glider on or off, slows descent speed and increases forward movement speed while the player is in freefall

Electromagnet - tap to pick up a metal crate, tap again to drop a metal crate

Teleporter Kit - hold to erect entrance, hold again to erect exit, exiting teleporter makes noise, limited duration after exit is erected

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, think if there was a power drain on map as a power weapon. It could easily work, as it basically would be a 1 use "weapon" that could be thrown to try and get a few enemies weak to be cleaned up easily.

Another good one I can think of is a "damage shield" which is basically a bubble shield that collapses under a certain amount of damage.Lets say you grab the 1 that spawns every 2 minutes, and use it to cover yourself while extracting. If you play your cards right and only 1 member of the opposing team is alive you can buy yourself time to extract, however if 2 or more are still alive the shield gets naded out quick and you're a sitting duck.

TBH i would't include the regen field in Objective gametypes except maybe VIP, Regicide or BTB Objective. Dropshield was quite irritating in Reach even if only one person was using it and it also collapsed under fire...

Basically balance it by only including AA, equipment in certain maps, gametypes; where they fit well.

No god damnit. 

Halo does not need SUPER COOL GADGETS AND GIZMOS to be a good game. It's just a damn distraction and an excuse for the devs to be completely lazy in addressing other issues. 

No god damnit.

Halo does not need SUPER COOL GADGETS AND GIZMOS to be a good game. It's just a damn distraction and an excuse for the devs to be completely lazy in addressing other issues.

Let's get rid of power ups too. Stupid gimmicks...

Let's get rid of power ups too. Stupid gimmicks...

Do you really want "repair tool" to be a spawning item that takes up valuable map space? 

Valuable map space?

There are only so many places you can logically put a power item on a map. 

Unless you want to litter the play space with uncontested items. 

sometimes I feel like we don't think of the the cons that come along with adding these things.

Would you guys rather see a new FPS game that tries to include all these cool gadgets? I'm tired of weighing down halo with gimmicks, and I know that's just an opinion, but thats what I grew up on.

There are only so many places you can logically put a power item on a map.

Unless you want to litter the play space with uncontested items.

Considering that the Repair Tool would only be on maps with vehicles, and maps with vehicles tend to be fairly large, I don't really see a single piece of Equipment cluttering the map.

Considering that the Repair Tool would only be on maps with vehicles, and maps with vehicles tend to be fairly large, I don't really see a single piece of Equipment cluttering the map.

Then maybe the repair tool is a bad example. 

Are you going to hand out free power drainers? 

I didn't mind the more "attacking" equipment - power drains for example were great, but I don't like things like regen/bubble shield etc.  Then we are back to the whole random get out of jail free card situation - let alone how easy the regen made it for you to camp on BR 3 on Blackout...

Then maybe the repair tool is a bad example.

Are you going to hand out free power drainers?

If by "hand out free" you mean place on map in a neutral position on a respawning timer then yes I will be handing out free power drains...

?

If by "hand out free" you mean place on map in a neutral position on a respawning timer then yes I will be handing out free power drains...

?

And how big are your maps going to be?