Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

How many people would like to see more classic online tournaments ran?

67 members have voted

1. 1. Halo 1-3 tournaments?

• Yes
    • No

What does everyone think about someone like Beyond hosting Halo 1-3 2v2/4v4 tournaments?

I love halo 5 but I would kill to play in some halo 1 2v2 tourneys. I just hope Beyond wouldn't mind to host them!

Edit: Obviously using MCC

• Upvote (+1) 8

i voted yes because no one is touching me and hyena in h2 dubs

it would be like taking candy from a baby tbh

• Upvote (+1) 2

On one hand I own MCC

On the other hand, it's MCC.

edit: wtf I made this comment then went to this thread and and found he used the same idiom an hour before me. spooky

Would be cool to see community organized H5 tournaments with all types of classic settings / unique settings/ etc. Not everything needs to be HCS super serious..

I feel like this advantage Halo has isn't tapped AT ALL and I would hope that it begins to be realized.

Of course the interest has to be there too...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I love classic games of H1, H2, H3, but MCC hurt my xbox HDD space.

I think it's important to keep developing the Halo 5 scene and give smaller players a chance to grow into it.

Think about the kids !!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cool idea, a few issues to overcome:

1. We would need some type of prizing.

2. Is MCC stable enough for tournament play? In the past it has been nothing short of a nightmare.

3. Last I remember, you can't track custom game results online for MCC. Making handling disputes a nightmare.

The reasons above are basically why we haven't done much with MCC.

Would be cool to see community organized H5 tournaments with all types of classic settings / unique settings/ etc. Not everything needs to be HCS super serious..

I feel like this advantage Halo has isn't tapped AT ALL and I would hope that it begins to be realized.

Or we could just use the actual classic games? Halo 5 is its own thing and has its own thing going on as far as tourneys, I don't want to see it forced to play a certain way when we have those options available to us.

There is definitely an audience there for classic halo games. I don't think that will ever change. Would be nice to see those titles get some love in community tourneys. The past beyond tourneys were all dope.

• Upvote (+1) 6

2. Is MCC stable enough for tournament play? In the past it has been nothing short of a nightmare.

It's better than before, but it's still nowhere near xbox 360 halo 3/reach status.

3. Last I remember, you can't track custom game results online for MCC. Making handling disputes a nightmare.

Would rather a OG H1/H2 or even H3 using OG xboxs/360s LAN tourny tried to be set up/ran, than mcc.

But I realize that isn't likely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But can we be the smash community? Is it on the inside of us? who knooooooows

• Upvote (+1) 1

But can we be the smash community? Is it on the inside of us? who knooooooows

No, because Halo isn't a 1v1 game at heart. 

The dumb thing is that all the additions to H5 would be far more useful in a game tailored for 1v1. 

The dumb thing is that all the additions to H5 would be far more useful in a game tailored for 1v1. 

That's partial to do with it.  I think it was more that Halo, at the time, had a very mainstream tournament scene that was unmatched by Smash around the Halo 3 era.  This caused all the pros to move from H2 (comparable to Melee) to H3 (comparable to Brawl) because that was where the money was and without the top talent competing and without MLG there was just no hype.  Not to mention, to a casual viewer Melee is far more accessible than something like Halo CE in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be absolutely amazing to see classic Halo tourney's again. I'm sure there's more than enough people who want this to happen, and if pulled off correctly it could really boost community and support on the MCC which is really needed to keep this game alive. I know for sure that there's no lack of people dissatisfied with Halo 5 but who are also die hard fans of the original series (if not fully, then at least in part) and who would thrive in a 'classic halo' scene enabled by something like this.

This should definitely happen! 

Classic tournaments would be fantastic. Sadly, I never got into competitive gaming when the classic games were relevant. Halo 5 just isn't fun for me because of the sprinting and over-the-top movement mechanics and I have no desire to practice it and prepare for a tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope. It's over. Give it up. Let's keep the H5 momentum going so H6 can be the best it can be as well. Hope 343 and Pro team can keep improving Halo. The only possible thing I see happening in the near future for classic Halo......H3 Anniversary...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

why you make me cry

Team beyond. Get on this shit.

1.) Either have a cheap entry free or put a small prize pool up with donations.

2.) It's good enough now to run tournaments.

3.) GB just has people upload pictures and/or footage.

If Beyond did this I would participate everytime.  I think Halo CE 2v2, Halo 2 FFA, and Halo 3 4v4 would be a great way to start it out.  I wouldn't mind seeing some H2 1v1s either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope. It's over. Give it up. Let's keep the H5 momentum going so H6 can be the best it can be as well. Hope 343 and Pro team can keep improving Halo. The only possible thing I see happening in the near future for classic Halo......H3 Anniversary...

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

giphy.gif

Hey, I'm not happy about it, but I am happy for Halo resurgence on the competitive side of things. I'll take what we have at this point 

i voted yes because no one is touching me and hyena in h2 dubs

it would be like taking candy from a baby tbh

But but let me finish, the baby would have put a better fight

Beyond Grifball Tournament :apg: I don't know, that seems like heresy in these parts.