Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

How many people would like to see more classic online tournaments ran?

67 members have voted

1. 1. Halo 1-3 tournaments?

• Yes
    • No

Hey, I'm not happy about it, but I am happy for Halo resurgence on the competitive side of things. I'll take what we have at this point

Competitive resurgence? All I see is a resurgence at the pro level which only happened because of a huge prize pool.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Competitive resurgence? All I see if a resurgence at the pro level which only happened because of a huge prize pool.

What? You're saying that pumping a ton of money into a series doesn't automatically make it a have a vibrant and growing community?

Went to my second Smash 64 tournament yesterday. Asides from the prize pool, H5 is honestly a joke compared to the competitive scene of that 17 year old game.... 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey, I'm not happy about it, but I am happy for Halo resurgence on the competitive side of things. I'll take what we have at this point

I don't really see it as a resurgence. Sure there are more money and viewers, but the scene is more dead than it was in halo 4.

Uh. People are flying across to Hollywood, The HCS is alive, and all I have ever cared about is attending events and having good times. For myself, I am winning. Now if 343 would have open bracket events with MLG at the wheel, then yeah, that would be better. At the moment though, I am happy with what we have and there is nothing but good that can come from what we currently have. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just do a classic oriented gametype on H5.

CE Pistol starts OR H2 BR starts + fast power up timers on some of the better maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just do a classic oriented gametype on H5.

CE Pistol starts OR H2 BR starts + fast power up timers on some of the better maps.

HowAboutNo.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd like to see more classic tournaments. I remember watching the Howies Game Shack h2 tournament and that was pretty sick. I personally don't think I can contribute anything to a classic tournament unfortunately. At the most I might attempt to do something for the Beach Lan again this year but I had no plans as of now to even do that.

What? You're saying that pumping a ton of money into a series doesn't automatically make it a have a vibrant and growing community?

Went to my second Smash 64 tournament yesterday. Asides from the prize pool, H5 is honestly a joke compared to the competitive scene of that 17 year old game.... 

Where was that tournament?

• Upvote (+1) 1

after genesis 3 they been popping up all over the place, Every event that was planned has added 64 at a side event. I live in fucking South Carolina, and there's been 1-2 every week within driving distance. aka 90mins-3hours for me (which is the case for any game as i live in a small town).

It would be so amazing to watch halo 1 2v2's in a actual good tourney. But MCC blows and I am sure LAN would be 1000x better.

It was in Hatboro Pa. Venue is called The Laboratory. They host weekly and monthly tournaments for smash. It's pretty awesome. I want to try and get them to host a h1 or h2 tournament. Would be dope

I think if this were to happen then it would be really good to accompany it, at least in part, with some online tournaments or maybe even a ladder or something along those lines.

I'd like to see more classic tournaments. I remember watching the Howies Game Shack h2 tournament and that was pretty sick. I personally don't think I can contribute anything to a classic tournament unfortunately. At the most I might attempt to do something for the Beach Lan again this year but I had no plans as of now to even do that.

When and where is the beach lan at?

I highly enjoyed the H1 tourny rhat was run a while ago. I voted yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or an FFA/1v1 online tourney starting with FFA (Middy?) then progressing into 1v1's (Guardian/Warlock?)