CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

Haha I honestly do feel bad though Cooper. I don't care how many times you've negged me, its still shitty what happened. I would be mad.

What do you guys think of the splinter "I just totally got fucked up in a 1vs1 so I'll throw a nade that I happened to walk by and trade kills" nades?

it's pretty much been a thing in all halo titles, especially halo 1.

is it crazy to say i want br starts again? gotten alot of hate bringing it up in pro streams just dont understand if you want to buff the pistol to 4sk why not to just make all maps br start like it was in h3? not to sure just wondering what everyone is thinking when it comes to br starts?

is it crazy to say i want br starts again? gotten alot of hate bringing it up in pro streams just dont understand if you want to buff the pistol to 4sk why not to just make all maps br start like it was in h3? not to sure just wondering what everyone is thinking when it comes to br starts?

Because a single shot weapon takes more skill than a burst weapon, plus the Pistol is the hardest weapon in the game to use.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because a single shot weapon takes more skill than a burst weapon, plus the Pistol is the hardest weapon in the game to use.

Sounds ridiculous to draw the line at BRs when people are running around with ARs/SMGs/SRs.

Every single one of those weapons does much more to muddle the difference between good players and bad players than single shot vs. burst fire ever did.

was more so just saying in a comp setting would br starts work? i do agree radar needs to gone aswell! in the terms of more skill full wep pistol vs br yes pistol is harder to use but how did h3 work with brs? h2 being the same not trying to say oh h2 h3 were the glory days but maybe more ppl would play at a comp lvl if the game was back to that? just thinking out loud trying a new idea ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

was more so just saying in a comp setting would br starts work? i do agree radar needs to gone aswell! in the terms of more skill full wep pistol vs br yes pistol is harder to use but how did h3 work with brs? h2 being the same not trying to say oh h2 h3 were the glory days but maybe more ppl would play at a comp lvl if the game was back to that? just thinking out loud trying a new idea ;)

The issue people take is that the BR is easier to use than the pistol, and therefore BR starts would make the game less competitive.

The problem we have now is that when every weapon is better than the pistol and they're all littered around the map, the most difficult weapon in the game is also the worst one. In my opinion, keeping pistol starts but getting rid of many map pickups (including all of the rifles) would be the best choice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The reason brs were used is because every other starting weapon sucked. Well not sure about the carbine in h2 pre-patch, but I don't even think you could start with it in halo 3 + ammo clip is bad. Also carbine starts were used in 1v1s for whatever reason on halo2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I beg to differ. The Laser is the hardest. We need Laser starts.

All in favor?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The issue people take is that the BR is easier to use than the pistol, and therefore BR starts would make the game less competitive.

The problem we have now is that when every weapon is better than the pistol and they're all littered around the map, the most difficult weapon in the game is also the worst one. In my opinion, keeping pistol starts but getting rid of many map pickups (including all of the rifles) would be the best choice.

The pistol isn't even that skillful to use in the first place. It just sucks everywhere outside of its intended range. If you use it where RRR and bullet mag work together best it really isn't all that hard to use.

The good thing about the BR,and to a lesser extent the other rifles, is that they handle fairly well at any range.

If aiming skill gap ( not difficulty, those are two different things) turns out to be a problem, you can simply increase strafe and movement speed to compensate.

But I guess we can't do that because we don't want to alienate casual viewers :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

When people are talking about getting the pistol buffed, but then you remember it's not going to matter with all the storm rifles, and smgs on the map.

6361288.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe some pro players who supported radar and autos could tell us their reasoning.

Maybe some pro players who supported radar and autos could tell us their reasoning.

Because being a pro player doesn't mean you understand game mechanics. People just latch on to pro opinions for some reason especially when it benefits their argument.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because being a pro player doesn't mean you understand game mechanics. People just latch on to pro opinions for some reason especially when it benefits their argument.

I'm sorry but I had to sign in and say sometimes you say the dumbest things I've ever read on the internet since 1997.

How can you POSSIBLY say this.

You don't go from Top 16-Top 8 simple because you have a better shot.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm sorry but I had to sign in and say sometimes you say the dumbest things I've ever read on the internet since 1997.

I think what he meant was, understanding how to abuse a game's mechanics doesn't mean you know why certain mechanics are good or bad or the impact it has on the game's overall competitiveness in the slightest. "No bloom = no skill"

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think what he meant was, understanding how to abuse a game's mechanics doesn't mean you know why certain mechanics are good or bad or the impact it has on the game's overall competitiveness in the slightest. "No bloom = no skill"

To add to this, pro players can have incentives beyond competitive merit to keep settings a certain way, For example, a team that was dominant with bloom and sprint might not have wanted to change things up before a big event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because we want a 4sk pistol not because we want it to kill in a total of 4 shots, but because we want it to kill faster than 1.28 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When people are talking about getting the pistol buffed, but then you remember it's not going to matter with all the storm rifles, and smgs on the map.

6361288.gif

But it would help !!!!

While this is true I think there is a legit point to be made for BR starts in this game.

Pistol starts presents numerous, glaring issues.

-creates a silly 3 (or possibly even 4 depending how you look at it) tiered weapon system.

-empowers autos

-makes some PWs (especially the sniper) too overbearing.

-pistol is too weak to effectively punish poor movement decisions because of all the available escape mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nerf Railgun. Needs to take longer to charge up and start with less ammo. Grabbing the gun is free kills because it's so easy to use.

It doesn't matter if you're the best player in the world- "No bloom=no skill" will never be a true statement in the context of a halo game. This is fact.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've talked about how I think one of the most important things we need to do is cut down on the quantity of Tier 1 Weapons on each map. Reducing the quantity will reduce randomness, promote the use of the Pistol, and help establish player roles through weapon selection.

Here are some of the things I would change on each map:

Fathom

• Remove BRs in Yard
  • Replace Storm Rifles w/ Carbines (or Remove)

Coliseum

• Remove BRs

Regret

• Replace Storm Rifles w/ SMGs
  • Remove Carbines

Truth

• Remove Storm Rifles
  • Replace Plasma Caster (Slayer) w/ Rockets

Empire

• Remove Storm Rifles
  • (Possibly) Replace Plasma Caster w/ Rockets

Riptide

• Remove Blue Storm Rifle
  • Replace Orange Storm Rifle w/ SMG
  • Replace H2 BR w/ BR (or remove)
  • Remove Blue DMR
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've talked about how I think one of the most important things we need to do is cut down on the quantity of Tier 1 Weapons on each map. Reducing the quantity will reduce randomness, promote the use of the Pistol, and help establish player roles through weapon selection.

Here are some of the things I would change on each map:

Fathom

• Remove BRs in Yard
  • Replace Storm Rifles w/ Carbines (or Remove)

Coliseum

• Remove BRs

Regret

• Replace Storm Rifles w/ SMGs

Truth

• Remove Storm Rifles
  • Replace Plasma Caster (Slayer) w/ Rockets

Empire

• Remove Storm Rifles
  • (Possibly) Replace Plasma Caster w/ Rockets
Agree with everything but place storm rifles on the scuba platforms....exposed position with actual risk vs reward