CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

Also pls replace all SR's with BPR because autos shouldn't be a tier higher than basic weaponry please.

Its the storm rifle but balanced.

• Upvote (+1) 6

These changes are going to be great, it was only watching the LCQ this weekend that reminded me how plentiful autos and BR/DMRs are on the maps currently and how few actual pistol fights there are at the top level. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also pls replace all SR's with BPR because autos shouldn't be a tier higher than basic weaponry please.

Its the storm rifle but balanced.

Storm Rifle needs to be a Tier 2 weapon.

Are they gonna update the Slayer playlist??. Or we keep playing with the old versions?.

I think every playlist will be updated, Team Arena is just being used as the test bed.

All maps that aren't being changed (Overgrowth, Riptide, etc) will likely remain in Slayer, too.

This is fucking stupid and not competitive. How do people think this is competitive? It mind boggles me.

http://plays.tv/stream/574254dcad424372df

I feel like this is a non-issue. In a game of slayer to 50 kills, between two teams of high level players, how many kills do you think end up being attributed to the hydra?

As has been mentioned, none of the power weapons are particularly difficult to use (sniper being the exception), and the hydra is perhaps the LEAST effective of them all in high level play.

Its mere presence in a map doesn't render the game non-competitive

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think every playlist will be updated, Team Arena is just being used as the test bed.

All maps that aren't being changed (Overgrowth, Riptide, etc) will likely remain in Slayer, too.

Are they gonna update the Slayer playlist??. Or we keep playing with the old versions?.

Map changes will be universal – Custom Games, all playlists, etc. Overgrowth and Riptide will be updated some time in the near future, Pro Team is working on those two specifically.

I feel like this is a non-issue. In a game of slayer to 50 kills, between two teams of high level players, how many kills do you think end up being attributed to the hydra?

As has been mentioned, none of the power weapons are particularly difficult to use (sniper being the exception), and the hydra is perhaps the LEAST effective of them all in high level play.

Its mere presence in a map doesn't render the game non-competitive

what?

Are you talking about the crouching or the SR at the end? Because that SR quickdraw reversal was dirty.

I'm talking about the crouching, and radar bullshit. Competitive Halo is a joke now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think they need to put place a rifle in the flag bases on truth as well as the DMR back in the window on Coli

Having a rifle in the base helps you push out if you are trapped.  On truth it is frustrating when the rifles on the map are top Car, and Top pink...two areas that are already strong positions on the map now they can just rain fire down on the base spawners

Other than that I really like all the other changes, moving autos to places that are not as convenient, or removing them completely.

I really wish we could have a community forge creation contest where HCS maps are created tested, and voted on during this pro league season and the winning map would be added to the rotation for next season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think they need to put place a rifle in the flag bases on truth as well as the DMR back in the window on Coli

Having a rifle in the base helps you push out if you are trapped.  On truth it is frustrating when the rifles on the map are top Car, and Top pink...two areas that are already strong positions on the map now they can just rain fire down on the base spawners

Other than that I really like all the other changes, moving autos to places that are not as convenient, or removing them completely.

I really wish we could have a community forge creation contest where HCS maps are created tested, and voted on during this pro league season and the winning map would be added to the rotation for next season.

I think it's very map dependent. Coliseum is super open and you can get lit up from tons of areas, so I think there should be a DMR in each base (at their original locations), whereas Truth has a much larger emphasis on pushing and controlling Towers and Top Mid.

It's much easier to nade out one of those towers or team shoot a guy in a Street/Bend, which is why I don't mind the removal of the BRs on Truth.

I think it's very map dependent. Coliseum is super open and you can get lit up from tons of areas, so I think there should be a DMR in each base (at their original locations), whereas Truth has a much larger emphasis on pushing and controlling Towers and Top Mid.

It's much easier to nade out one of those towers or team shoot a guy in a Street/Bend, which is why I don't mind the removal of the BRs on Truth.

Coli leads to super runaway games with these rifle locations. Even worse, they moved the DMR further from the fountain than DMR was, so you have to expose yourself to rocket tower fire even more to get a rifle. Not a fan. I agree that the rifle changes work on Truth though. 

So Lethul said on his stream that there would be either 13 or 15 gametypes for the Pro League. Maybe the final number will be something else. Anyways, I went through the list of gametypes in the Summer Preview playlist, and categorized them into the ones I really like, don't mind, and don't like. Not a definitive ranking, but thought it might be a good starting point for discussion. 

Great: (usually produce fun MM games)
Coliseum CTF
Fathom CTF
Truth CTF
Tyrant CTF
Stasis CTF
Coliseum Slayer (with some additional rifle placement tweaks)
Rig Slayer
Plaza Slayer
Eden Slayer
Rig Strongholds
Plaza Strongholds
Eden Strongholds

Eh: (not my favorite, but sometimes fun, often not)
Regret Slayer
Empire Strongholds
Truth Assault
Tyrant Assault

No:
Fathom Assault
Stasis Slayer

Removed:
Empire CTF

Not in the playlist (but maybe should be): 
Truth Slayer

How do the majority of pros feel about Empire Strongholds?

Sometimes that gametype is a load of fun, and sometimes it is very snowbally. It seems to be very one sided in matchmaking and in a lot of pro matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 wanted Halo 5 to have the same starting weapons as Halo: CE.  :kappa:

It all makes sense now

I agree with most of this, however I think adding a carbine to the bottom of the bases, possibly in the jump up or where the old smg spawn was would help base spawners.  Once again it would not be convenient most of the time to drop down to get it. But just an idea to help push out the base in those situations

So Lethul said on his stream that there would be either 13 or 15 gametypes for the Pro League. Maybe the final number will be something else. Anyways, I went through the list of gametypes in the Summer Preview playlist, and categorized them into the ones I really like, don't mind, and don't like. Not a definitive ranking, but thought it might be a good starting point for discussion. 

Yes:

Rig Strongholds

Plaza Strongholds

Eden Strongholds

Truth CTF

Fathom CTF

Coliseum CTF
Empire Strongholds
Regret Slayer
Coliseum Slayer
Plaza Slayer
Eden Slayer

Maybe:
Truth Slayer
Rig Slayer
Stasis CTF
Truth Assault
Tyrant CTF

No:
Fathom Assault
Stasis Slayer
Empire CTF
Tyrant Assault

At the end of the day I don't think any of the new gametypes are better than any of the old gametypes. I'm a huge fan of Bomb, but the implementation in H5 has been pretty lackluster /w games regularly finishing 1-0 in overtime and spawning issues running rampant. I feel like there is so much that hasn't been tried yet as well. For example, why can we throw a flag 1/4 of the way across the map, but the bomb drops like a rock the moment you let it go? Why does the bomb timer reset instantly on pick-up? There are things that can be done either in the next patch or in custom game settings that would make Truth Bomb one of the better gametypes instead of a 15 minute bore-fest.