CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

:(

Feelsbadman

Ok nostalgia goggles off, I'd like to see rockets* replace the fuel rod on Truth. I think rockets would just work better with the size and openness of the map.

*SPNKr ftwwwww

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't played many matches in the new Arena playlist but here's my 2 pence:

Stasis - Great map. Would like to see dual snipers added but it could turn into a power weapon spam-fest. Maybe reduced ammo snipers?

Truth - The fuel rod at top-mid doesn't work. Unsure why but it just doesn't. Would like to see this replaced with SPNKr.

Fathom - The SAW just doesn't do it for me. Too much "spray and pray" for competitive. I'd LOVE to see what @@Mentalityy_TLC suggested and for them to just switch up the Rail and Camo spawns.

Waitwaitwaitwait the SAW is too much spray and pray? Not the powerful AR? Or smg? Or storm rifle? A 1 clip auto on a 2 minute timer is too much, but basically unlimited smgs and storm rifles isn't? Like what? I dont get it. And rail is trash. Too much ammo and too easy to use. Worse than the sniper.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand 343's push for heavy change here. I'd rather see them start light with the changes to the core maps then add rather than fundamentally altering them. There are problems with some (Empire Pit) but i think you create more problems here by making such heavy-handed changes by doing too much.

I love what they did with Rig Strongholds. The map feels much better to play and promotes more rotation around the map and they only changed one thing to the map. Obviously every map can't be treated the same here, but I do believe that the changes should be done with a scalpel rather than a hammer. Fix the problems carefully and in an isolated manner. The maps haven't been too bad as pre-launch there was obviously a lot of effort to make these balanced, but now we've just thrown that out and to me, change is being made for the sake of change.

I agree tgat they are making changes for the sake of change, while I don't agree that is heavy ones, most are hill shuffling and weapons shuffling around. While they ignore heavy changes like removing Radar, Faster kill times, spartan charge, armor abilities cooldowns, etc.

Waitwaitwaitwait the SAW is too much spray and pray? Not the powerful AR? Or smg? Or storm rifle? A 1 clip auto on a 2 minute timer is too much, but basically unlimited smgs and storm rifles isn't? Like what? I dont get it. And rail is trash. Too much ammo and too easy to use. Worse than the sniper.

I'm not making any comment about the other weapons on maps, just the power weapons/ups. The fact that there are so many autos already on the maps makes the SAW an even more peculiar choice IMO; being just another powerful auto. It feels like a waste of a spot for a "proper" power weapon.

I'm not making any comment about the other weapons on maps, just the power weapons/ups. The fact that there are so many autos already on the maps makes the SAW an even more peculiar choice IMO; being just another powerful auto. It feels like a waste of a spot for a "proper" power weapon.

Honestly, most power weapons that they have are either too rewarding or too weak. I guess it just depends on if people want power weapons that straight up dominate, or power weapons that are a little weak. I personally prefer a 1 clip SAW to the multikill machine that is the rail gun. Maybe if it had less ammo (or if they lessened magnetism which is unlikely) I would be okay with it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

HOT TAKE: I still think Overgrowth Strongholds should be in the HCS lineup.

idc idc idc idc. 

I think it plays well. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but during the livestream when talking about the Storm Rifle compared to the Plasma Rifle Dersky said something along the lines of how "right now" the storm rifle does a lot of damage to shields and health. His choice of words makes me think that the pro team has been testing settings with a nerfed storm rifle, but maybe I am just reading into it too much. I thought it was interesting though. 

Link:

https://youtu.be/9s69w7D9UFw?t=23m59s

I know EG tried to scrim Liquid last night on the new maps, but liquid has an online qualifier with the old settings, I would guess we will see it more often now especially with the qualified teams.

I'd like to make separate topic regarding Radar as a discussion in general rather than a settings debate for Halo 5. I guess I'm going through a ton of old nostalgic stuff from the MLG days. There were tons of great discussions back on those boards.. I found a big write up regarding the Radar debate from 05.

Between Brink and @@Lies, we have had an abundance of amazing articles. Here is what I found.

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/peek-a-boo-vs-i-see-you-the-radar-debate/

On Topic: Tyrant Assault now has a Railgun instead of Snipe which is huge and should help offensive pushes become more successful.

Have any of the pro teams scrimmed on the new settings? If so, anyone have twitch links?

I know EG tried to scrim Liquid last night on the new maps, but liquid has an online qualifier with the old settings, I would guess we will see it more often now especially with the qualified teams.

EG and CLG played but only on the minor stuff (Regret, Eden, and new Truth, but they played Truth Slayer which isn't a gametype anymore)

On Topic: Tyrant Assault now has a Railgun instead of Snipe which is huge and should help offensive pushes become more successful.

EG and CLG played but only on the minor stuff (Regret, Eden, and new Truth, but they played Truth Slayer which isn't a gametype anymore)

Shit

Eden Strongholds now has a moved Caster to outside and the bottom mid hill was moved back to top cat. Brute PRs on map also

Truth CTF unchanged.

Rig TS unchanged.

Coloseum CTF moved DMRs to old BR spawn and bolt shots to cave. Splinters moves to sneaky

Version 2 Feedback (@@Deez, can't reply on Waypoint because I'm cramming for exams. Hope this can carry the same weight)

Empire:

• SAW was bad on Fathom, this map would be even worse
  • I was a big fan of the OS Movement, and the Pit hill was claustrophobic for reasons other than the Storm Rifles. I'll play it but I was a fan of the Outside Stronghold and thought the remaining issues resided in Blue/Red Stronghold locations and weapon layouts.

Coliseum:

• Boltshot can be removed/moved, but DMR should remain in each base to allow teams who are on a spawn rotation the ability to anchor and get shots out without having to leave and go to the Wing to acquire that weapon niche.

Fathom:

• Good stuff

Plaza:

• I like mostly everything. Camo Top Mid on Strongholds may be a bit sketchy because I'm not a fan of burns
  • I'll have to play to see the capability of the new bottom mid stronghold
  • I was a fan of the Yard SMG being moved to Cafe, seems a bit weird to move it back to Yard.

Regret:

• YOU NAILED IT. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ROFL.

Eden:

• Changelist is pretty vague/unclear. Not sure what is changed for Strongholds and Slayer, if someone in this thread could shoot me the two layouts separately that would be fire.
  • Plasma Grenades on the Yard generators are pivotal to high level Sniper launching off match start, this may dramatically affect Pro Teams strategies and map/team balance.
  • Edit: After re-reading, I believe most of those changes were in relation to Strongholds, in which case I'm a pretty big fan but this is my favorite gametype so I'm not applauding till I play.

Tyrant:

• Pretty baller. Map is a bit small so Railgun might need reduced ammo (I'm assuming it's at default ammo) but I'll need to play it. Everything's sounds good though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The SAW though. Why add it at all. Who is giving this feedback?

• Upvote (+1) 3

The SAW is only being considered with Fathom being its test bed. If it plays badly on Empire, tell them and it'll be removed. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Can the 2 arguable most unfair gametypes (Rig/Eden TS) please receive changes? Anything would be great at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can the 2 arguable most unfair gametypes (Rig/Eden TS) please receive changes? Anything would be great at this point.

Gotta explain what you want changed about em. BPR is on Red Nest now which is a very slight buff to Red. I'd probably prefer it on Red Catwalk and the removal of Shotgun to allow easier Security breaks for people trapped in Red. Plus, Light Rifle is now Outside.

Moving SMG to bottom Nest is the only thing I think Rig needs, and maybe replace Boltshot with SMG to push Tower easier (or Basement in SH).

Yeah I'm kind of annoyed the railgun is back on Fathom. Weapon is way too easy.

Better than SAW, so suggest what you would do to Fathom instead.