CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

Get rid of SAW and speed boost, put camo top middle and rail bottom mid. The problem I saw with camp bottom mid was that it was a nadefest and camo was always burned. Put it top mid to avoid that and allow for players to fight for positioning as it comes up, and then rail bottom mid so that becomes a little more of a nadefest and makes the risk higher for the reward of rail.

My two cents

Tagging @@Deez the lurker because this is probably the best piece of Fathom feedback that I agree with. Preserves the established setups while improving flow and movement skill gap for railgun. Slight meta change but still plays similarly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No Radar would be 1000x better than an abilities only radar. Spartan abilities are a requirement for like 90% of movement in this game, and sound cues give away far more information than motion sensors ever would anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've played about 13-14 matches today and I must say thay I like some of the changes I've seen so far.

Plaza Stongholds feels much better, a lot less campy and balanced.

Stasis is a good map.

Empire Strongholds is better as well, at least you don't have an OS spawning INSIDE an hill.

Fathom wa better in the previous version. I like that they added a new way to get to the bridge using the pillars, but I don't like the SAW for competitive Halo. The speedbost is fine since it's not a 1-Charge kill anymore and it has a lot of potential for crazy CTF plays. I feel like Camo was a better choice though.

Why is there a Fuel Rod on Truth?

If we get rid of radar can we get rid of grenade hit markers too? Everybody seems to just accepted grenade hitmarkers when it's just as bad or even worse than radar giving you information on where somebody is at just by randomly throwing a nade.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So what you mean to tell me is, is that Halo 5 is just SO random and SOOO chaotic that it is the only game ever, in the ENTIRE FRANCHISE, that just can't work without a radar? Then what the hell does that say about the game itself? Let's not act like radar solves more issues than it creates. Allowing someone to know exactly where you are from around walls is plain fucking cheese.

And what are you basing this off of? Have you extensively played with no radar? Or are you assuming it will be too random?

Because some pro said so, so now it's cool to say; "game is too random"
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it's a problem with sprint really where you can just sprint up to someone and get into CQC with impunity, spartan charge is just the bitter aftertaste of that particular sprint problem. 

I give up on 343i.

I'm just waiting for some other games at this point. There's no point in discussing H5 any further.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm just waiting for some other games at this point. There's no point in discussing H5 any further.

Overwatch is soon. Then CoD remastered. Maybe Halo 6, or H3A will make me love Halo again. I don't know.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Overwatch is soon. Then CoD remastered. Maybe Halo 6, or H3A will make me love Halo again. I don't know.

I dont know how this franchise is going to be in the future, but H5 keeps going away from classic Halo, by Halo6 i dont think we should call it halo anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont know how this franchise is going to be in the future, but H5 keeps going away from classic Halo, by Halo6 i dont think we should call it halo anymore.

Maybe Halo 7 will be better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe Halo 7 will be better.

And i love how the "competitive players" ignore all of the issues so 343 keeps giving them money, hahaha H5 cant even fill a 100 team LAN, yet alone a 256 LAN that sold in minutes, back in the days.

And i love how the "competitive players" ignore all of the issues so 343 keeps giving them money, hahaha H5 cant even fill a 100 team LAN, yet alone a 256 LAN that sold in minutes, back in the days.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you, but when Halo 6 comes out they will say that Halo 5 was bad. Some of the pro's are fake people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so glad that the competitive crowd is slowly giving more and more ground to features that harm the scene.

This is why you don't let devs have the monopoly on competitive settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

inb4 poll on their own website that most people avoid like the plague that show only 11% of people want no radar.

inb4 poll on their own website that most people avoid like the plague that show only 11% of people want no radar.

Then the people say radar is fine, but then you check their stats on Halowaypoint or Halotracker and they don't touch Arena at all, BUT THEY KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR THE COMPETITIVE SCENE! WOO HOOOOO

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't understand 343's push for heavy change here. I'd rather see them start light with the changes to the core maps then add rather than fundamentally altering them. There are problems with some (Empire Pit) but i think you create more problems here by making such heavy-handed changes by doing too much.

I love what they did with Rig Strongholds. The map feels much better to play and promotes more rotation around the map and they only changed one thing to the map. Obviously every map can't be treated the same here, but I do believe that the changes should be done with a scalpel rather than a hammer. Fix the problems carefully and in an isolated manner. The maps haven't been too bad as pre-launch there was obviously a lot of effort to make these balanced, but now we've just thrown that out and to me, change is being made for the sake of change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand 343's push for heavy change here. I'd rather see them start light with the changes to the core maps then add rather than fundamentally altering them. There are problems with some (Empire Pit) but i think you create more problems here by making such heavy-handed changes by doing too much.

I love what they did with Rig Strongholds. The map feels much better to play and promotes more rotation around the map and they only changed one thing to the map. Obviously every map can't be treated the same here, but I do believe that the changes should be done with a scalpel rather than a hammer. Fix the problems carefully and in an isolated manner. The maps haven't been too bad as pre-launch there was obviously a lot of effort to make these balanced, but now we've just thrown that out and to me, change is being made for the sake of change.

Agreed. I think most of the weapon changes are unanimously pretty fantastic (Removal of Truth/Coli BRs, movement of Eden/Plaza weapons, etc.), but some of the dramatic power weapon swaps (Truth Fuel Rod) and Stronghold alterations (Plaza/Eden) may be going a bit overboard and should be saved and refined for meta changes later on in Halo 5's lifespan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't played many matches in the new Arena playlist but here's my 2 pence:

Stasis - Great map. Would like to see dual snipers added but it could turn into a power weapon spam-fest. Maybe reduced ammo snipers?

Truth - The fuel rod at top-mid doesn't work. Unsure why but it just doesn't. Would like to see this replaced with SPNKr.

Fathom - The SAW just doesn't do it for me. Too much "spray and pray" for competitive. I'd LOVE to see what @@Mentalityy_TLC suggested and for them to just switch up the Rail and Camo spawns.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I haven't played many matches in the new Arena playlist but here's my 2 pence:

Stasis - Great map. Would like to see dual snipers added but it could turn into a power weapon spam-fest. Maybe reduced ammo snipers?

Truth - The fuel rod at top-mid doesn't work. Unsure why but it just doesn't. Would like to see this replaced with SPNKr.

Fathom - The SAW just doesn't do it for me. Too much "spray and pray" for competitive. I'd LOVE to see what @@Mentalityy_TLC suggested and for them to just switch up the Rail and Camo spawns.

Curious, why the SPKNr over the regular Rockets?

Curious, why the SPKNr over the regular Rockets?

Gonna be honest...

Nostalgia  :simms: