CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

What do you guys think of the splinter "I just totally got fucked up in a 1vs1 so I'll throw a nade that I happened to walk by and trade kills" nades?

i like the area of denial aspect of the grenade. It is actually unique and can be very useful for blocking routes and forcing players in a certain direction.

What I don't like is the instant direct one hit kill. It feels a little to powerful. It is basically Halo 5 version of the boltshot IMO. So I feel it could function better in 1 of 2 ways:

1) upon impact, the grenade splinters, but doesn't kill instantly. So if you are hit directly, you will most likely die in a second. Unless you react quickly enough to thrust out of its area of effect leaving you very weak.

Or

2) The grenade should have dual function. If you hit a player directly, the grenade is absorbed and the player dies instantly, no area of denial. However, if it isn't a direct hit, like the ground or wall, then the grenade splinters for it area of denial effect (Like it does now)

#1 would be the simplest for players to understand. But #2 would give the grenade a unique secondary property like the sticky grenade.

• Downvote (-1) 2

anyone that comes into this thread arguing for radar or supports it in any capacity in competitive settings is letting the community down and is simply riding the "hot new thing" train...

Pretty much this. In this case it just isn't an opinion that no radar is MUCH better, it is fact.

I can't believe it has gotten to this point but currently the automatics and radar are a much bigger detriment to the competitive settings than thrust and sprint.

Also why is slayer still an eight second spawn?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The reason they gave us was "it doesnt fit with the immersion of the halo universe" for sprint, and presumably spartan sounds.

"After years of training and genetic augmentation, Spartans have learned to move silently in their heavy combat suits."

There you go for the sound immersion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

oops double post.

While I personally agree that their is no good argument for radar and spawning with autos, let's be sure to continue to disagree respectfully when people support those things. Insulting people will put them on the defensive and make them not receptive to having their minds changed.

oops double post.

While I personally agree that their is no good argument for radar and spawning with autos, let's be sure to continue to disagree respectfully when people support those things. Insulting people will put them on the defensive and make them not receptive to having their minds changed.

they will accept my opinion willingly or they will accept it by force

• Upvote (+1) 1

It honestly confuses me how sprint in this game has survived for so long. It hasn't been any any other halos competitive settings so why are they here now? It honestly ruins the game for me and alters my playstyle. I used to be known for flanking and sneaking around the other side and in order for me to do that it takes twice as long because I have to crouch. Having radar makes me play slower.and don't even get me started on scattershots and shotguns with radar.

:/

Edit: I meant Radar. Not sprint

• Upvote (+1) 3

It honestly confuses me how sprint in this game has survived for so long. It hasn't been any any other halos competitive settings so why are they here now? It honestly ruins the game for me and alters my playstyle. I used to be known for flanking and sneaking around the other side and in order for me to do that it takes twice as long because I have to crouch. Having radar makes me play slower.and don't even get me started on scattershots and shotguns with radar.

:/

Flanking around = easier with sprint?

Seems like your main problem is with radar, not sprint.

Don't get me wrong, they're both terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What do you guys think of the splinter "I just totally got fucked up in a 1vs1 so I'll throw a nade that I happened to walk by and trade kills" nades?

A simple way get rid of cheap close range kills from the splinter nades could be:

- Nade activates only after it travels certain distance: Let says >10 mts.

OR

- Nade activates ~1.5 - 2 seconds after throw.

Guys: The Sprint discussion is done, even 343 (Salient) posted the reasons why they are keeping it.

Chances of Sprint gone at this point in Halo 5 are 0% You are just wasting your time, how about we discuss things that are in the           realm of possibilities for the next updates?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Flanking around = easier with sprint?

Seems like your main problem is with radar, not sprint.

Don't get me wrong, they're both terrible.

Lol thats what I meant to say actually. Dont know why I said sprint. Force of habit lmao

It almost makes sneaking behind pointless because when you try to get in good position you get punished by radar.

Can you please elaborate further on why you think my post is "trash"? I find your post to be pretty vague. In my humble opinion I thought my post had some pretty solid points granted I could of went in more depth with it so my points would of been more clear. Unless than you have no valid reasons for calling my post "trash" and said that just because you wanted to pick a fight with me, if that is the case then you can fuck off!

Here let me explain some my points in further detail so it's more clear for you to understand. The main two reasons why I said I want to remove the developer maps and replace them with better forge maps are because(Note, only want to do this for the team arena playlist /HCS settings) :

• I want maps that can be played well without having to use the spartan abilities because I'm also advocating to remove all of the spartan abilities from team arena(HCS).
  • I honestly think that forgers such as MultiLockOn and a Chunk can make much better maps that are suited for competitive play than 343 can. I really don't want to see 343's mediocre maps being used in competitive play when we have access to much better forge maps. I would hate to see all of the good community's forge maps be neglected and the games potential be wasted as a result.

The reason why I'm advocating to be able to hold up to 4 frags and 4 plasma grenades is because I want players to be able to be more lethal on their own. I like being empowered as an individual player to be able to get kills on my own, I hate being forced to rely on team-shooting to be able to finish off kills. Like I said in my other post I'm only advocating to be able to hold up 4 frags and 4 plasma grenades if the grenade hit-markers get removed. To help balance out the grenades I suggest either reducing the grenade's damage or explosion radius. If that isn't enough to balance them out then you can reduce the amount of frag and plasma grenades that there are on maps. I want players to start out with 2 frags and zero plasma grenades but be able to carry up to four of each.

About the plasma stun/EMP effect. The reason why I'm advocating for them is to give weapons unique traits so they have a purpose in the weapon sandbox. I want the weapons to differentiate themselves from one another because right now the sandbox is cluttered with too many redundant weapons that serve no purpose. For an example if 343 nerfed the storm rifle and it did less damage to health then they could give a stun effect to it like Halo 1's plasma rifle has where it slows players down. Either that or give it the EMP effect that I suggested in my last post, where it disables a players spartan abilities for a few seconds if they get shot with it. Or they could just add Halo 1's plasma rifle to Halo 5 and call it a day. This is really just a pipe dream of mine though because I know it's not realistic. There's other things that are much higher up on my priority list than this, things such as removing radar(motion tracker) from the team arena playlist and buffing the pistol to a 4SK.

My main two issues of the post are the taking the maps out of the Playlist and removing abilities, but I also disagree with changing the pistol. That however isn't the point, as I can see some merit to that idea.

Where I really start having trouble is that people don't remember just how terrible Reach was to watch because everything was forged. And that having maps that aren't developer made is absolutely the worst 343 could do as a company. Removing the maps, rather adding more maps into rotation, is the worst way to go. We'll either end up with Reach, where hardly any map was in the base game, or we'll end up like H2A where there were only 3 maps in rotation. Neither is fun to watch. We need plenty of developing maps with maybe a few forge maps as well, not all forge. Even if it's not as absolutely competitive as the forge maps are, the dev maps are healthier to the longevity of Halo. We can't kill Halo again like Reach did.

My second issue comes from the complete removal of spartan abilities, and it stems from much the same place of inaccessibility that my last point also argues. The further the competitive game strays from the game people play at home, the harder and worse it is to watch. And in actuality, the thing most people dislike about the spartan abilities is sprint, and at this point in time, you can't get rid of it. Especially not since H5 has sprint in the base game. If you change everything about a game to make it more competitive, is it even the same game anymore? The other major esports keep their games like the base game, Halo has been one of the very few exceptions to this rule. While I could see it remaining an exception and removing radar, it should not become a bastardization of Halo 5 just to appease the old school Halo fans. That's ludicrous and it'll just lead to the demise of Halo, something we've all fought so damn hard to avoid.

All in all, I just wanthink everyone to think about the implications of all the "improvements" you suggest here. Just because you can make the game more competitive does not mean it's the best choice for Halo. If we removed the ability to regenerate health, the game would be more competitive, no? But then it wouldn't be Halo anymore. Let's be thoughtful with our suggestions, and understand that when you suggest that you entirely change the game to make the competitive scene even more competitive, it also has impacts on viewership and accessibility, which are the core aspects of a competitive game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My main two issues of the post are the taking the maps out of the Playlist and removing abilities, but I also disagree with changing the pistol. That however isn't the point, as I can see some merit to that idea.

Where I really start having trouble is that people don't remember just how terrible Reach was to watch because everything was forged. And that having maps that aren't developer made is absolutely the worst 343 could do as a company. Removing the maps, rather adding more maps into rotation, is the worst way to go. We'll either end up with Reach, where hardly any map was in the base game, or we'll end up like H2A where there were only 3 maps in rotation. Neither is fun to watch. We need plenty of developing maps with maybe a few forge maps as well, not all forge. Even if it's not as absolutely competitive as the forge maps are, the dev maps are healthier to the longevity of Halo. We can't kill Halo again like Reach did.

My second issue comes from the complete removal of spartan abilities, and it stems from much the same place of inaccessibility that my last point also argues. The further the competitive game strays from the game people play at home, the harder and worse it is to watch. And in actuality, the thing most people dislike about the spartan abilities is sprint, and at this point in time, you can't get rid of it. Especially not since H5 has sprint in the base game. If you change everything about a game to make it more competitive, is it even the same game anymore? The other major esports keep their games like the base game, Halo has been one of the very few exceptions to this rule. While I could see it remaining an exception and removing radar, it should not become a bastardization of Halo 5 just to appease the old school Halo fans. That's ludicrous and it'll just lead to the demise of Halo, something we've all fought so damn hard to avoid.

All in all, I just wanthink everyone to think about the implications of all the "improvements" you suggest here. Just because you can make the game more competitive does not mean it's the best choice for Halo. If we removed the ability to regenerate health, the game would be more competitive, no? But then it wouldn't be Halo anymore. Let's be thoughtful with our suggestions, and understand that when you suggest that you entirely change the game to make the competitive scene even more competitive, it also has impacts on viewership and accessibility, which are the core aspects of a competitive game.

The changes that I'm advocating for might seem unrealistic to some people but I'm really getting tired of the complacency around here. Halo 5 isn't perfect and nothing is going to change for the better if we just roll over and accept mediocrity, we need to speak up as a community. We need to have higher standards than that, this community needs a backbone.

I'm also getting sick and tired of seeing the same old argument pop up whenever anybody suggests changes that even slightly deviate from the default settings. Universal settings for social and competitive play sounds great on paper but the default settings need to be more ideal for competitive play for it to work properly. The truth is Halo is just too diverse of a game to be able to function properly with universal settings. Halo isn't suppose to be a one-trick pony. The Halo community consists of many different sub-communities that have lots of varying preferences and expectations. The team arena playlist(HCS) is suppose to be here to satisfy our niche competitive community's needs not to satisfy the masses needs because they don't even care about the competitive merit/integrity of the game.

As a competitive community what should we value more, the competitive merit/integrity of Halo 5 or the accessibility of the game so we can make newcomers feel more comfortable? I personally don't like the idea of compromising the games competitive merit/integrity for artificial growth of the community. Like I said before Halo is suppose to be a diverse game so if the competitive settings alienates a newcomer than that newcomer can always find a different matchmaking playlist that caters to their preferences. When I search the griftball playlist I don't expect there to be weapons other than gravity hammers and swords. The same type of logic should be applied to anybody searching the team arena(HCS) playlist, players shouldn't expect there to be things such as radar(motion tracker) because they are detrimental to competitive play. I want organic growth(people that have a genuine interest) for competitive Halo not artificial growth.

I would like to see a healthy mixture of developer maps and community forge maps in competitive play as well but that would require for 343 to step up their map design and make maps that are more ideal for competitive play. The problem with Halo Reach's forge maps was that they weren't diverse enough because they were all grey which made watching and playing on them seem stale and boring. The problem with Halo 2A's forge maps was that the frame rate for the maps weren't stable enough so 343 didn't implement them into matchmaking. Halo 5 has the best iteration of forge out of the entire Halo series. Forgers can now make maps that are on par with developer maps(visually speaking) without having to worry about running into frame rate issues. If we as a community neglect or underestimate the potential of Halo 5's forge then we are basically shooting ourselves in the foot. It's the other way around, forge maps are what will give the game longevity not the developer maps.

Lol to your comment about removing the ability to regenerate health from Halo would make the game not Halo anymore. In Halo CE you couldn't regenerate health, you had to pick up health packs to regain health. I think you meant regenerate shields not health unless you think Halo CE isn't Halo? In that case, lol.

My conclusion is that I value the competitive merit/integrity of Halo 5 more than I do of some superficial growth(referring to twitch views). I would only be okay with 343 keeping the team arena(HCS) settings the same as the default settings if they also gave us an alternative matchmaking playlist that has more ideal competitive settings. Until then I will be fighting tooth and nail to get more ideal competitive settings for the team arena(HCS) playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would really appreciate the person/team behind certain decisions regarding settings coming forward and saying the reasons for them, or even tell them to some pr guy and he can present them.

The fact we have radar and automatics in these settings is atrocious, and no, the "stay closer to vanilla!" excuse isn't good enough.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would really appreciate the person/team behind certain decisions regarding settings coming forward and saying the reasons for them, or even tell them to some pr guy and he can present them.

The fact we have radar and automatics in these settings is atrocious, and no, the "stay closer to vanilla!" excuse isn't good enough.

1. The excuse is quite good enough, but not in the way that our Forums interpret it. Most of you interpret it as 'they are trying to appeal to casuals', which is a minor if not irrelevant factor. It is in fact a lot more complex than that.

2. The Arena design team (Quinn, Adrian Bedoya, Pro Team, and more) are the people who design the settings. They likely converse with the HWC/HCS team to tell them which gametypes are the most competitively viable.

-

Caught up on this thread and just going to point out that an entire settings/sandbox overhaul isn't going to happen. At the most, the Pistol will be tweaked, but that is extremely unlikely. 

Things that are more likely:

• Sandbox Changes
  • Weapon Placement Changes
  • Map/Gametype Combinations

I'm not discouraging you to continue sharing your ideas for majorly changing Arena gameplay, but for Halo 5's future I wouldn't expect those changes to come to fruition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The changes that I'm advocating for might seem unrealistic to some people but I'm really getting tired of the complacency around here. Halo 5 isn't perfect and nothing is going to change for the better if we just roll over and accept mediocrity, we need to speak up as a community. We need to have higher standards than that, this community needs a backbone.

I'm also getting sick and tired of seeing the same old argument pop up whenever anybody suggests changes that even slightly deviate from the default settings. Universal settings for social and competitive play sounds great on paper but the default settings need to be more ideal for competitive play for it to work properly. The truth is Halo is just too diverse of a game to be able to function properly with universal settings. Halo isn't suppose to be a one-trick pony. The Halo community consists of many different sub-communities that have lots of varying preferences and expectations. The team arena playlist(HCS) is suppose to be here to satisfy our niche competitive community's needs not to satisfy the masses needs because they don't even care about the competitive merit/integrity of the game.

As a competitive community what should we value more, the competitive merit/integrity of Halo 5 or the accessibility of the game so we can make newcomers feel more comfortable? I personally don't like the idea of compromising the games competitive merit/integrity for artificial growth of the community. Like I said before Halo is suppose to be a diverse game so if the competitive settings alienates a newcomer than that newcomer can always find a different matchmaking playlist that caters to their preferences. When I search the griftball playlist I don't expect there to be weapons other than gravity hammers and swords. The same type of logic should be applied to anybody searching the team arena(HCS) playlist, players shouldn't expect there to be things such as radar(motion tracker) because they are detrimental to competitive play. I want organic growth(people that have genuine interest) for competitive Halo not artificial growth.

I would like to see a healthy mixture of developer maps and community forge maps in competitive play as well but that would require for 343 to step up their map design and make maps that are more ideal for competitive play. The problem with Halo Reach's forge maps was that they weren't diverse enough because they were all grey which made watching and playing on them seem stale and boring. The problem with Halo 2A's forge maps was that the frame rate for the maps weren't stable enough so 343 didn't implement them into matchmaking. Halo 5 has the best iteration of forge out of the entire Halo series. Forgers can now make maps that are on par with developer maps(visually speaking) without having to worry about running into frame rate issues. If we as a community neglect or underestimate the potential of Halo 5's forge then we are basically shooting ourselves in the foot. It's the other way around, forge maps are what will give the game longevity not the developer maps.

Lol to your comment about removing the ability to regenerate health from Halo would make the game not Halo anymore. In Halo CE you couldn't regenerate health, you had to pick up health packs to regain health. I think you meant regenerate shields not health unless you think Halo CE isn't Halo? In that case, lol.

My conclusion is that I value the competitive merit/integrity of Halo 5 more than I do of some superficial growth(referring to twitch views). I would only be okay with 343 keeping the team arena(HCS) settings the same as the default settings if they also gave us an alternative matchmaking playlist that has more ideal competitive settings. Until then I will be fighting tooth and nail to get more ideal competitive settings for the team arena(HCS) playlist.

You know damn well that I meant regenerating shields. Such a frivolous thing to dispute, and totally avoids answering the point.

You can claim that changing things to promote the most competitive environment is best, but if they do that you won't have anyone to argue this over, because Halo will die. Yet. Again. You absolutely need to look at this as an issue of what maintains viewership, because without viewership and a community behind it we end up with nothing. Shadowrun is a wonderful and sad example of this. A fantastically competitive game that has absolutely no community or viewership. Halo is honestly lucky that it didn't end up with Shadow run, and that is almost ENTIRELY due to the casual fan base of Halo. The truly competitive version of Halo Reach still wasn't enough to keep interest in the game, but it maintained it integrity, for sure.

You cannot have a competitive community and environment without support, and you don't get that without viewership. Be realistic. You might get radar removed and maybe a buff to the pistol, these are reasonable. But to ask that 343 remove all dev maps, remove the spartan abilities they worked so hard to make, and still somehow maintain viewership and sales is naive.

343 is a business, they need to make money. They need Microsoft's support for the competitive scene. This is theor only chance to make Halo successful again. If viewership drops, if they lose players, if anything negative happens, Microsoft could pull out. And that's it. GG.

TL;DR: Get real, dude. Your "true" competitive system would just kill Halo all over again. Ask for reasonable things and don't flood the thread with wet dreams.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now that I'm done arguing with that guy, I'd like to suggest some changes myself.

1) Nerf of Storm Rifles. It's necessary, let's not pretend it's not. When they're on map, there's too many and they spawn too quick, in addition to their insane TTK. Not suggesting how they nerf them, but its necessary.

2) Removal of some of the autos from Empire, and reimplementation of the Sniper instead of the Plasma Caster. This would likely slow down the frantic pace of Empire, and therefore make it more viable for HCS.

3) Change the spawns of power weapons on Regret, somehow. Fuel Rod is bad for the map, I'd say remove it. Overshield is fine. There just needs to be some way of fighting back against the spawn trap that we see in every Regret TS. Maybe bring back the Hydra? I'm not sure, but there needs to be change on this map.

4) Remove radar, I'll stand by that.

5) Less magnetism on the sniper. I'm not as good as the sniper makes me seem. It's too easy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. The excuse is quite good enough, but not in the way that our Forums interpret it. Most of you interpret it as 'they are trying to appeal to casuals', which is a minor if not irrelevant factor. It is in fact a lot more complex than that.

2. The Arena design team (Quinn, Adrian Bedoya, Pro Team, and more) are the people who design the settings. They likely converse with the HWC/HCS team to tell them which gametypes are the most competitively viable.

-

Caught up on this thread and just going to point out that an entire settings/sandbox overhaul isn't going to happen. At the most, the Pistol will be tweaked, but that is extremely unlikely. 

Things that are more likely:

• Sandbox Changes
  • Weapon Placement Changes
  • Map/Gametype Combinations

I'm not discouraging you to continue sharing your ideas for majorly changing Arena gameplay, but for Halo 5's future I wouldn't expect those changes to come to fruition.

Here's hoping for Halo 6 then.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now that I'm done arguing with that guy, I'd like to suggest some changes myself.

1) Nerf of Storm Rifles. It's necessary, let's not pretend it's not. When they're on map, there's too many and they spawn too quick, in addition to their insane TTK. Not suggesting how they nerf them, but its necessary.

2) Removal of some of the autos from Empire, and reimplementation of the Sniper instead of the Plasma Caster. This would likely slow down the frantic pace of Empire, and therefore make it more viable for HCS.

3) Change the spawns of power weapons on Regret, somehow. Fuel Rod is bad for the map, I'd say remove it. Overshield is fine. There just needs to be some way of fighting back against the spawn trap that we see in every Regret TS. Maybe bring back the Hydra? I'm not sure, but there needs to be change on this map.

4) Remove radar, I'll stand by that.

5) Less magnetism on the sniper. I'm not as good as the sniper makes me seem. It's too easy.

Such a trash post. Please be realistic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You know damn well that I meant regenerating shields. Such a frivolous thing to dispute, and totally avoids answering the point.

You can claim that changing things to promote the most competitive environment is best, but if they do that you won't have anyone to argue this over, because Halo will die. Yet. Again. You absolutely need to look at this as an issue of what maintains viewership, because without viewership and a community behind it we end up with nothing. Shadowrun is a wonderful and sad example of this. A fantastically competitive game that has absolutely no community or viewership. Halo is honestly lucky that it didn't end up with Shadow run, and that is almost ENTIRELY due to the casual fan base of Halo. The truly competitive version of Halo Reach still wasn't enough to keep interest in the game, but it maintained it integrity, for sure.

You cannot have a competitive community and environment without support, and you don't get that without viewership. Be realistic. You might get radar removed and maybe a buff to the pistol, these are reasonable. But to ask that 343 remove all dev maps, remove the spartan abilities they worked so hard to make, and still somehow maintain viewership and sales is naive.

343 is a business, they need to make money. They need Microsoft's support for the competitive scene. This is theor only chance to make Halo successful again. If viewership drops, if they lose players, if anything negative happens, Microsoft could pull out. And that's it. GG.

TL;DR: Get real, dude. Your "true" competitive system would just kill Halo all over again. Ask for reasonable things and don't flood the thread with wet dreams.

Excuse me I forgot that having high standards and demanding for a higher quality product meant that I'm being unreasonable and unrealistic. I don't care if you roll over and accept mediocrity but don't expect the rest of us to willingly do so. I can only speak for myself when I say this but I'm not going down without a fight.

If 343's and Microsoft's goal is to make Halo 5 more accessible for newcomers then they probably should make the arena portion of multiplayer purchasable on it's own and make it a reasonable price($15). Also porting Halo 5 to windows 10 and making it have cross-platform play with the Xbox One would help out a lot. Halo 5 being locked behind a $60 price tag while also being locked behind a poor selling and poor quality next gen console(Xbox One) that is also expensive is a much bigger barrier of entry for newcomers than the changes that I'm advocating for.

To address your point about axing the ability to regenerate shields/health from Halo would make the game not Halo anymore. The reason why I didn't address your point before was because I honestly didn't understand what you were asking me but I now do know. I can admit that I don't know how well Halo would play without the ability to regenerate shields, this would need to be tested out so I can't absolutely say that it would make the game feel not like Halo anymore. I do however know how well Halo plays without the ability to regenerate health and I think that it could possibly be beneficial for Halo 5 if players couldn't regenerate health and had to pick up health packs to be able to regain health.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is it good enough? The "appealing to casuals" doesn't make sense, if a person is interested in competitive gaming then they will seek it out, someone isn't going to get into competitive because they think "these are the same maps and settings I play in team slayer, therefore I know my way around and now I can compete!".

I'm talking about explaining them to the community. They can say anything they want to us behind closed doors however I'd like to see them come out and say "we kept radar for this this and this reason and we believe it is better than no radar because of this", same with the automatics, shotguns and all that rubbish.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't look forward to Content updates, since the maps have all been awful and they just throw them in with random game types. Also at this point in the game on certain maps, Empire being the best example, it's literally solely automatics. No skill involved with shooting, just storm rifles, smg's, shotguns and assault rifles. Make the vanilla more competitive if you don't want to change the competitive side only.

PS: Radar is the worst thing in Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know that's what he meant and I downvoted to show my disapproval of 343's opinion on this

ROFLMAO

Yeah man, without radar and OP autos we would lose thousands of viewers. Because logic.

Its not so much people giving up but more to do with people realizing that removing sprint in HALO 5 won't work. The sprint argument was hot when the game was in development because we felt the whole game could be changed to work without it.

I think many of us have realized that sprint isn't what it was in Reach/H4. Its not game-breaking. In fact, its relationship with slide, jumping, thrusting, stabilizing, spartan charging and general movement is so integral to the games DNA. Now, YOU may not like this new ecosystem but you can't honestly say removing sprint is still the best option or even viable. People can say the maps were forced to be huge and segregated, but I'd argue Truth plays extremely well with all gametypes and isn't segregated at all. Sprint or no sprint, 343 seem to like maps like overgrowth or riptide which are massive yet maze-like. But thats not sprints fault. Now we know you can have good maps like Truth with sprint; they just need to be designed well.

Just ONE example - You can't simply tie things like slide to thrust + crouch. Part of the meta thats evolved so players cant sprint, slide, jump, thrust. Or sprint, thrust, slide then jump etc. Keep in mind this type of movement is all based around the exact speed at which sprint reaches. The only reason any of the combos above work is because of the momentum and variability that sprint gives. You cant just rip out all those aspects of the meta mid-game, and segregate that frankenstein experience to one playlist like you're suggesting.

Like I said, theres way more to it than that one example. I just can't type it all out right now.

Even if removing sprint wouldn't somehow gut the entire game and force everyone to re-learn the movement system, 343 would never agree to an overhaul like that post-release. I can't believe Im sitting here and advocating for sprint, but its obvious at this point it should stay for THIS game.

There are TONS of other solutions that are quick fixes and would benefit the game more than removing sprint at this point.

and your response was:

I wish I could not neg anyone for two weeks and throw them all at this one post.

Hey Cooper, 

Hows that Achilles?

and your response was:

Hey Cooper,

Hows that Achilles?

Same as your logic. Nonexistent.