CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

H4 AR didn't kill in under a second.

Neither does the H5 AR, nor any other AR. The only AR close to that is CE's, which has a 1 second kill time.

Headshot multipliers really are only random when both players are holding the trigger at point blank range. Tap firing for headshots will almost always prevail at mid and long ranges.

Plus, most automatic kills end in Melees. If you want to nerf that, then once again the problem is base damage, not headshots.

You kind of demonstrated what i take issue with right there with the way you are forced to word your reasoning. There should be no leeway. The person with better aim should win 100% of the time, all other things being equal. With the current implementation of automatics, thats simply not the case.

Im not concerned about melee kills tbh. The way i see it thats,

1) partially a problem with radar

2) both players will be so close that the winner would be the one with better timing on their melee (assuming identical accuracy) independent of total damage output, since shields wouldnt be popped yet anyway.

Neither does the H5 AR, nor any other AR. The only AR close to that is CE's, which has a 1 second kill time.

Close range H5 AR does kill under a second. So does the SMG and Storm Rifle.

Close range H5 AR does kill under a second.

This is false. Where did you get this information from?

(The SMG and Storm Rifle are correct.)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly speaking though, I think we should just remove the headshot multiplier from the AR , increase its accuracy and leave its TtK at 1.4. All alongside a 4 shot magnum buff, this could do wonders.

The new settings are great but please put the song of peace back on rig in place of the needler. No one uses it, and it's worthless

This is false. Where did you get this information from?

(The SMG and Storm Rifle are correct.)

My point is that they kill faster than a perfect magnum.

The new settings are great but please put the song of peace back on rig in place of the needler. No one uses it, and it's worthless

Have you tried needler + camo on that map? It's basically 3 or 4 free kills.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have you tried needler + camo on that map? It's basically 3 or 4 free kills.

Mmm interesting, sounds fun hahahaha. Ima try that tonight.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Mmm interesting, sounds fun hahahaha. Ima try that tonight.

You'll like it im sure.  Without camo on that map it'll get you a trade at best but with camo....

Of course you could say that about camo + any weapon, but the Needler is not as useless as people assume just because its a needler.

Close range H5 AR does kill under a second. So does the SMG and Storm Rifle.

No it doesn't.

It kills in 1.1 secs, 0.1 sec faster than a perfect magnum.

I really don't think that's true.

I really don't think that's true.

Somebody already did the math. A good AR player will beat a magnum player 100% of the time in close-medium range.

Somebody already did the math. A good AR player will beat a magnum player 100% of the time in close-medium range.

I've seen the results of people who did the math. A 1.2 on the pistol and a 1.4 on the AR was what they came up with.

I've seen the results of people who did the math. A 1.2 on the pistol and a 1.4 on the AR was what they came up with.

That is the kill time without going for headshots

Last time anyone posted data* 1.1 is the theoretical best time for the AR if you land the 3 headshots you need immediately after popping shields. 1.4 is for bodyshots only.

I feel like 1.3 and 1.6 (Reach DMR was this TTK) might be better numbers relative to the Magnum's current strength.

*the accuracy of which could be disputed; I'm surprised nobody has tried to do a more accurate and recent TTK comparison across the sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1.1 is the theoretical best time for the AR if you land the 3 headshots you need immediately after popping shields. 1.4 is for bodyshots only.

I feel like 1.3 and 1.6 (Reach DMR was this TTK) might be better numbers relative to the Magnum's current strength.

Wow, seriously.

smh

My point is that they kill faster than a perfect magnum.

Funny, I don't remember you bringing up the Magnum anywhere.

So, where did you get the incorrect data from?

Funny, I don't remember you bringing up the Magnum anywhere.

So, where did you get the incorrect data from?

I got 1 datum wrong , the SMG and Stormrifle kills in less than a sec and the AR kills faster than the magnum

Wow, seriously.

smh

A good AR user will demolish you in a close- medium encounter, and considering that a good timed thrust can reset the "bloom" and reach 100% accuracy mid fight.

I got 1 datum wrong , the SMG and Stormrifle kills in less than a sec and the AR kills faster than the magnum

Alright. I was mildly concerned, since you both got the number wrong.

Just making sure there isn't some spreadsheet or video spreading blatantly incorrect information somewhere.

Last time anyone posted data* 1.1 is the theoretical best time for the AR if you land the 3 headshots you need immediately after popping shields. 1.4 is for bodyshots only.

*the accuracy of which could be disputed; I'm surprised nobody has tried to do a more accurate and recent TTK comparison across the sandbox.

I used to do that for myself in prior games via split screen.   Not really feasible now though for obvious reasons....

Lack of SS really makes these things more difficult.  

A good AR user will demolish you in a close- medium encounter, and considering that a good timed thrust can reset the "bloom" and reach 100% accuracy mid fight.

This slows down the kill time of the AR by a decent amount actually.