CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

SAW on Mercy single-handedly ruins the flow of Slayer on that map. Take it out or reduce the ammo capacity; It creates too much of a snowball effect as it currently is.

The SAW on Mercy seems like such overkill when there's already 2 BPRs and a Storm on that map.

Yeah there's like zero reason there should be that many plasma weapons on the map other than theming if they were trying to make it comp viable.

Anyone think the wicked grasp could be a viable PW for that map? It can be beat by good thrust use in close range and would be pretty good as a suppressing tool for stair spawns or top mid harassment. The player using it also sacrifices some movement speed in the process and jump capability which makes it paramount to protect your guy using it and get him to mohawk or top mid safely.

Yeah there's like zero reason there should be that many plasma weapons on the map other than theming if they were trying to make it comp viable.

Anyone think the wicked grasp could be a viable PW for that map? It can be beat by good thrust use in close range and would be pretty good as a suppressing tool for stair spawns or top mid harassment. The player using it also sacrifices some movement speed in the process and jump capability which makes it paramount to protect your guy using it and get him to mohawk or top mid safely.

You might be right, but the inevitable bitching from people completely unwilling to try it would make it almost not even worth it.

"3rd person???! wtf is this shit? Where my Halo gone?!"

I was thinking the same thing but I really hate the idea of trading base movement mechanics for a weapon. Options like that shouldn't be taken away from you if that is how H5 is gonna play imo

why is there a scattershot on regret

The SAW on Mercy seems like such overkill when there's already 2 BPRs and a Storm on that map.

Not to mention spawning it so insanely close to Hammer.

Hopefully the Grenade Launcher comes with the next update, and we can replace Saw with that. Would help cut down on the auto-spam a ton. Ideally I'd like to see Hammer gone as well, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has there ever been thought into adding an extra game type to the rotation?

Such as Oddball or Extraction?

Feel these would be good additions.

Couldn't sleep and was thinking about Halo 5 maps and wanted to start asking some questions in here to see where people's opinions are on a few of them.

What are your thoughts on Empire Slayer? In particular, the weapons and items found on it. What would you like to see changed to improve that map/mode combo?

I have more questions on other maps but I'll limit it to one at a time for now just to keep things focused. Thanks!

The problem with Empire and Halo5 is Radar and AR . And the automatics spawn too fast.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Couldn't sleep and was thinking about Halo 5 maps and wanted to start asking some questions in here to see where people's opinions are on a few of them.

What are your thoughts on Empire Slayer? In particular, the weapons and items found on it. What would you like to see changed to improve that map/mode combo?

I have more questions on other maps but I'll limit it to one at a time for now just to keep things focused. Thanks!

Too many autos, take them all out. The map layout and size force a lot of CQC AR should be enough. Don't play TS on it often so I can't remember layout but having SAW inside in an advantageous position is not my preference, prefer to see this outside. Not sure if shotty has a place on this map as it makes the player play more conservative. 

Tough map to put weapons/powerups in, at least for TS. 

I don't think Empire TS has a place in HCS, due to the snowbally nature of the gametype and the fact that radar makes you second guess what weapons to put on the map. It kinda works for SH due to always having to move, making it a chaotic gametype, but TS would be the complete opposite aside from the every two min rush for power weapons/ups.

Sorry for grammar, gotta head to work soon!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Apologies if this has been discussed to death already, which it almost certainly has, but I've been away from the forum and game for a year so I'm totally out of the loop.

​Anybody else get this annoying thing when you respawn you're aiming down slightly by default? What's that all about?

​Also. why the fuck is sprint, clamber and thrust in the CE playlist?

Remember when you tested Empire ctf with closed off windows for the bases? I really liked that idea and felt it made the map much less chaotic I'd like to see it tried with slayer or even possibly strongholds.

Rockets or caster outside and a storm rifle on tier 2 weapon respawn timer in tower would be good for power weapons imo. A br in each base or back where it used to spawn would also be nice because the pistol seems underpowered compared to the ar on this map. A dmr/lr at each bend in addition could help this too.

• Upvote (+1) 4

First of all thanks for posting and i hope you continue to post on this kind of subject.

As other have said, Empire is a very small map but on top of that it has a lot of relatively confined areas which leads to the very high use of autos. Ideally, either buffing the pistol or nerfing the AR would be best but thats not really what you were asking  :simms:.  

Personally given its structure remove auto pickups like the smg as those types of weapons only compound the issues created by the overall map layout.

Also splinters are particularly OP on this map given the number of confined spaces, so reducing or removing those would probably be a good step.  

BR pickups could increase the number of precision gun battles as i feel its the precision weapon most likely to be chosen over the AR although it has the potential to reduce overall map movement so a double edged sword.  

Camo would probably work better than OS as a power up and sniper or railgun would make for the best power weapon as they arent too OP in tight quarters.    

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey Vetoed! Thanks for replying. Always appreciate your well thought out feedback and conversations. I do have a follow up question for you regarding your quote above. What do you mean by "If it's still happening no matter what..."? If what is happening? Whether we update the map or leave it in its current state? Thanks!

I feel that closing the bases off for CTF on Empire is a must. Interesting idea to try that out in Slayer as well.

You're not the first person to bring up the idea about reclassifying the Storm Rifle as a Tier 2 weapon. Most notably Infinity has mentioned it to me. So props to him. I think this might make more sense now since so many weapons have been added to the sandbox since the launch of H5. Having an automatic added to the Tier 2 weapons could round out that group a little bit more. At the very least, we can be better about placing them in more out of the way and risky locations. Similar to The Rig.

Camo sounds solid on Empire. I also think it's worth exploring the notion of making the gameplay more rifle heavy as a juxtaposition to the map size. Great feedback here.

If you are thinking about putting the SR on a tier 2 timer (please do it) I would recommend doing the same with the smg. It's just as good as the SR and should be treated the same. These changes would greatly improve the game. I do also recommend doing the same with rifles to help limit how many are being used at once. Maps like Truth and Eden get crazy with the amount of rifles in play that the team with map control is using. Especially against spawners that have a pistol. And lastly, an easy balance solution to most maps is to just limit the amount of weapons on the map too. So many maps have like 10 weapons on them that all beat the pistol and AR.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Tactical magnum as starting weapon would be nice.  Would improve all the maps....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tactical magnum as starting weapon would be nice. Would improve all the maps....

tumblr_inline_mn2nhwDTTT1rbumi6.gif
A magnum with more zoom wouldn't be bad. But we dime finitely should we using the extended mag magnum from WZ. The clip is too small with the default one @@Deez
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Tactical magnum as starting weapon would be nice.  Would improve all the maps....

Or at least a modified Magnum with the same scope overlay as the Tac Mag.

• Upvote (+1) 1