CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

The Sword is a fucking power weapon.

And?

It could be the AR. It's the same concept.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Both were being tested together. 

Double jump was removed because it was a late idea and the people designing playspaces had already created their plans with clamber in mind. 

Imagine if their map designers hadn't over-designed every square inch of every "play space" to make Spartan Gimmicks™ a constant necessity?  Maybe they should try that next time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It doesn't function like sprint. 

That's why no one calls it sprint

You're wrong. Can we move past this now.

LOL, you are truly hopeless

i will never read another post by you again on this website

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Jesus. This isn't coming from a place of hate or anything, but I feel like I should say this. This personality-saturated smug-ish Tumblr-ish lowercase, periodless style of speaking, this "Internet accent/personal style" invariably seems to cause people to lose emotional control. Everyone else is just seeing words on a screen - introducing ego and a personal image or style leads to this kind of thing. Like, most people wouldn't have this kind of reaction. These posts aren't personal attacks on you, we're just talking. Level-headedness is needed for the industry-influencing discussion that we're aiming to have.

In hindsight, I probably should have abstained from the downvotes. Downvoting tends to lead to this kind of thing. Beyond should probably get rid of the feature.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In hindsight, I probably should have abstained from the downvotes. Downvoting tends to lead to this kind of thing. Beyond should probably get rid of the feature.

I don't know why Team Beyond has a "FUCK YOU" button either.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Like, most people wouldn't have this kind of reaction. These posts aren't personal attacks on you, we're just talking. Level-headedness is needed for the industry-influencing discussion that we're aiming to have.

he literally said the csgo knife isn't sprint because no one calls it that

> "Halo should take a note from CSGO and not have sprint"

me: "the knife in csgo is sprint"

> "it doesn't function like sprint"

me: "well according to the game mechanic definition it does"

> "nope, no one even calls it sprint dude, not sprint"

me: "it doesn't matter if no one refers to it as sprint"

> "it doesn't even function like sprint and no one calls it that"

nope, never again will i waste my time on him

i stopped caring about rep 4 thousand rep points ago, neg away lol, i literally do not care

if you would like to talk about sprint some more i'm all for it

fyi i'm not pro sprint but i am pro logic so keep that in mind

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Are you 7 years old? Even by Waypoint standards you are an immature idiot. You literally just spas out any time someone disagrees with you.

I'm not saying it's not sprint because nobody calls it sprint. I'm saying nobody calls it sprint as a result of it not being sprint.

A weapon giving the player a speed boost is not sprint. That is a weapon trait.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

he literally said the csgo knife isn't sprint because no one calls it that

> "Halo should take a note from CSGO and not have sprint"

me: "the knife in csgo is sprint"

> "it doesn't function like sprint"

me: "well according to the game mechanic definition it does"

> "nope, no one even calls it sprint dude, not sprint"

me: "it doesn't matter if no one refers to it as sprint"

> "it doesn't even function like sprint and no one calls it that"

nope, never again will i waste my time on him

i stopped caring about rep 4 thousand rep points ago, neg away lol, i literally do not care

if you would like to talk about sprint some more i'm all for it

fyi i'm not pro sprint but i am pro logic so keep that in mind

That's not how it went. That's just what it looks like because you cherry pick and delete 3/4 of all my posts before you respond to them.

And your "definition" is just the personal opinion of a gaming website journalist.

You may be the first user I block.

xHJQvWZ.png

Well Ya. That's what happens when all you two want to reply with is "lol, you're an idiot".

• Downvote (-1) 2

Well Ya. That's what happens when all you two want to reply with is "lol, you're an idiot".

It'd be nice if you didn't drag me into a mess that I'm not involved in.

It'd be nice if you didn't drag me into a mess that I'm not involved in.

Oh, you're right. My bad.

It was just him.

More evidence to the pile on why the debate of Sprint here is getting nowhere.

If there is a huge discussion about Sprint in Waypoint, then go there. They need the wake up call more than this site does.

Keeping your wits would be a nice plus.

10% for the M4A4, 12% for the AK-47, 20% for the AWP.

It's a pretty big difference.

Wow ok. Consider my post retracted. 

More evidence to the pile on why the debate of Sprint here is getting nowhere.

If there is a huge discussion about Sprint in Waypoint, then go there. They need the wake up call more than this site does.

Keeping your wits would be a nice plus.

How did you come to that conclusion based on what happened here? Plenty of people here need a wake up call. TB is starting to grow complacent with sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if I took away 4000 rep points  :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure what you're asking, put the respawns are way too long in slayer. They're a big reason slayer is so snowbally in H5. It's too easy to collapse on teams over and over and get them in a never ending respawn cycle because you can fly across maps so fast and the respawns are so long.

Fair enough. I haven't really played/cared for TS beyond a warmup gametype since before 2010 which is why I was curious.

I still don't think it should be a tournament gametype regardless of the spawn time, but that's a different conversation; one which is altogether more opinionated.

They need to do something about TS, I don't even bother watching most of the TS maps after the first couple of minutes when I watch the HCS VODs. 

Fair enough. I haven't really played/cared for TS beyond a warmup gametype since before 2010 which is why I was curious.

I still don't think it should be a tournament gametype regardless of the spawn time, but that's a different conversation; one which is altogether more opinionated.

I don't care about slayer for 4v4 but I do care about slayer for team doubles and FFA. Having 8 second respawns for slayer negatively affects the pace of the game especially for team doubles where the player count is lower than your standard arena playlists. Eight second respawns in FFA is frustrating as well because FFA is more of a chaotic game mode where you're constantly dying. Eight second respawns in FFA causes games to snowball and makes it harder for players to be able to make a comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't care about slayer for 4v4 but I do care about slayer for team doubles and FFA. Having 8 second respawns for slayer negatively affects the pace of the game especially for team doubles where the player count is lower than your standard arena playlists. Eight second respawns in FFA is frustrating as well because FFA is more of a chaotic game mode where you're constantly dying. Eight second respawns in FFA causes games to snowball and makes it harder for players to be able to make a comeback.

No argument from me regarding 2v2 and FFA. I should have specified that I was only considering 4v4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, I have to apologize. I decided a couple days ago to start visiting here consistently and can already see why the majority of folks get annoyed by the ongoing sprint debate. It seems that is all certain people talk about. 

Anyways, I just remembered E6 and RNG play today.

ebcEdgAJNhpYI.gif