CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

I think they should stop making the base game the competitive game. Every other game had standard settings then adaptions for the competitive playlist.

No radar, br start, less autos, incorporate KoTH and Oddball.

The only adaptations that are tough to argue against are No Radar and increased strafe acceleration. The new settings make autos much less prominent by reducing the number of autos and making them less convenient to grab. KOTH is not a gametype (there are some ghetto SH -> KOTH conversions, but they aren't great), and Oddball was tested quite a bit by some of us and was determined to be pretty avg in this game (spawns would need completely redone on most maps, movement options and kill times make it almost impossible to maintain control for an extended period of time /w even teams).

The only adaptations that are tough to argue against are No Radar and increased strafe acceleration. The new settings make autos much less prominent by reducing the number of autos and making them less convenient to grab. KOTH is not a gametype (there are some ghetto SH -> KOTH conversions, but they aren't great), and Oddball was tested quite a bit by some of us and was determined to be pretty avg in this game (spawns would need completely redone on most maps, movement options and kill times make it almost impossible to maintain control for an extended period of time /w even teams).

SH > KOTH imo anyway 

• Upvote (+1) 1

SH > KOTH imo anyway 

Agreed. SH might be my favorite timed-objective we've had.

• Upvote (+1) 1

SH > KOTH imo anyway 

Wouldn't hurt to have the gametype though in Halo 5 to mess around with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Mythic Shotty Snipers has shown me anything it's that this game works great without radar

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Mythic Shotty Snipers has shown me anything it's that this game works great without radar

We're those 2v2s in that tournament no radar yesterday. I watched the beyond video of them this morning and it looked like having no radar made the game any less confusing at all. I know its a 2v2 but Radar looks completely unnecessary. 

I find it funny that blizzard are already tweaking the balance of certain overwatch heroes and the game hasn't even been out a month. 343 on the other hand hasn't touched a single competitive weapon. Do they really think that nothing needs to be balanced? I can't decide if it is arrogance or foolishness. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think they should stop making the base game the competitive game. Every other game had standard settings then adaptions for the competitive playlist.

No radar, br start, less autos, incorporate KoTH and Oddball.

Can we stop with the BR start?. It's the easiest weapon in the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I was fiddling around with deadzones and it seems like the higher the deadzone % the more responsive the strafe.  I would like it if you could set deadzones based on stick, because I can't use higher % for shooting but my strafe feels sluggish.

Maybe I'm just crazy and it's all in my head.

I was fiddling around with deadzones and it seems like the higher the deadzone % the more responsive the strafe. I would like it if you could set deadzones based on stick, because I can't use higher % for shooting but my strafe feels sluggish

Maybe I'm just crazy and it's all in my head.

I can't confirm right now but I'm pretty sure deadzones only affect the right stick.

I can't confirm right now but I'm pretty sure deadzones only affect the right stick.

I believe this is correct. Likely just a placebo effect, but an easy way to test this would be with a controller that has left-stick drift. If raising the inner deadzone doesn't get rid of the drift, then deadzones only effect the right stick.

On the other hand the I believe the adjustments on the Elite controller can adjust both (maybe even independent of one another). Maybe someone with one can confirm.

From what I am hearing they are removing this from Halo.

Do you people still want radar in competitive?

I gotta say, I really dislike any map putting camo top mid without some clear avenue of escape. I find that exposing it like that just makes baiting the best strategy and it gets burnt more often than not.

Strongholds Plaza and Fathom Slayer really suffer from it imo.

I gotta say, I really dislike any map putting camo top mid without some clear avenue of escape. I find that exposing it like that just makes baiting the best strategy and it gets burnt more often than not.

Strongholds Plaza and Fathom Slayer really suffer from it imo.

Plaza for sure, I'm not so sure about Fathom. The top mid jump from sub gets me there and applying Camo before I take fire most of the time. That's very anecdotal, but it seems for whatever reason that the initial Camo doesn't get burnt much.

Plaza for sure, I'm not so sure about Fathom. The top mid jump from sub gets me there and applying Camo before I take fire most of the time. That's very anecdotal, but it seems for whatever reason that the initial Camo doesn't get burnt much.

Yeah...but I find most of the time I play, two people either end up doing the thrust bump on the little interactive platform or do the sub jump to top mid, show up at the same time, a guy grabs it and is in turn shot and killed, and the powerup is effectively burnt. See it a lot and I play around a high diamond - low onyx level. Not fun.

Unfortunately the alternative is to put rail back to top mid in it's most dominant position, and I really do not want to see that again. Yikes.

Does anyone have any thoughts on if the magnum was a 4sk?

A 4sk pistol with a slightly slower ROF would make this game so much better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A 4sk pistol with a slightly slower ROF would make this game so much better.

How much slower? An increase in shot interval as little as 50 ms would still make the Magnum trade with the AR with perfect shots on the average connection. Is the current rate of fire uncomfortable for you or something?