CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

Can we just remove the Rifles ?

Incineration Cannons it is!

Just put a BR back where it was on midship and heretic. Put a carbine Car 1.

Don't put rifles up on highground. That is so dumb.

The rifles creates too much problems, there is no point in having them if they aren't going to be treated like power weapons. But this have been talked to dead, there is no point in keep discussing it. 343 will keep shuffling weapons around and never acept the fact that there is no point in have them.

Just put a BR back where it was on midship and heretic. Put a carbine Car 1.

Don't put rifles up on highground. That is so dumb.

You talking about default settings?

Why are we keeping radar in? Are we giving into keeping casual players playing the game. You want radar then go to slayer. Arena needs to be made over like the MLG playlist. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm learning to hate it less, the more I learn of new tricks to stay off of radar.

What would you guys think of a light rifle replacing the carbine on Coliseum? Honestly it's a minor thing, but the carbine doesn't really fit the aesthetic of the map. It's the only covenant weapon on the map and a light rifle up there would make that position a little more powerful imo.

Iknow aesthetic is a dumb thing to bring up,it was a random thought.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we just remove the Rifles ?

Not if we have an abundance of autos on the maps and ar starts

Just realized you could have been including ars and storm rifles, but that would still leave smgs :(

Not if we have an abundance of autos on the maps and ar starts

Just realized you could have been including ads and storm rifles, but that would still leave smgs :(

I dont have have a problem with having 2 autos pick ups in neutral positions.

Well, time to implement the first Forge map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm so fucking done with the hydra. I don't know on what planet that weapon belongs in competitive.

Well, time to implement the first Forge map.

This is some amateur-ass forging. I wouldn't expect this from Salot.

This is some amateur-ass forging. I wouldn't expect this from Salot.

Dude's new to H5 forge. Not even fair.

Dude's new to H5 forge. Not even fair.

Rushing out a map in two days and expecting people to take you seriously is also unfair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ive seen some beautiful forge maps, and if they chose simplex first, I'd riot.

There needs to be a social playlist with fun gametypes that all happen on forge maps. They showed them during the pro league montage. The warthog bumper cars where there are the suns that kill you. The basketball map. The diner map. There's so much potential to keep people playing besides competitive maps that it doesnt make sense to keep it so rigid

Why is he so obsessed with Simplex? That map isn't even that good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they should stop making the base game the competitive game. Every other game had standard settings then adaptions for the competitive playlist.

No radar, br start, less autos, incorporate KoTH and Oddball.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I've seen a bunch of forge maps posted in various players, but haven't actually played any. I'd rather have a map that plays nice than looks nice (aesthetics can be adapted later), but I have no idea how Simplex plays. His map did get into the H3 rotation, even if it wasn't my favorite. That was likely more a consequence of the limitations of the forge system back then. 

I think they should stop making the base game the competitive game. Every other game had standard settings then adaptions for the competitive playlist.

No radar, br start, less autos, incorporate KoTH and Oddball.

No to BR starts for the 900th time.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why is he so obsessed with Simplex? That map isn't even that good.

I don't think he's obsessed with the map, hell, he might even be tired of it at this point. But think for just a minute about who does like Simplex.

I've seen a bunch of forge maps posted in various players, but haven't actually played any. I'd rather have a map that plays nice than looks nice (aesthetics can be adapted later), but I have no idea how Simplex plays. His map did get into the H3 rotation, even if it wasn't my favorite. That was likely more a consequence of the limitations of the forge system back then. 

When I made my comment about Simplex, I was more talking about some design choices over aesthetics. Things like ramps leading into pillars, hallways barely wide enough for one player, and the fact that we already have 2 Midship clones on the disc.