CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

My only problem with the SAW is the same problem I have with nearly every other semi powerful gun in the entire game. Almost all of the weapon choices boil down to +damage, +easy, or both. Difference being their "tier." That's okay in some scenarios like "Hey you setup for these rockets and now you have a super powerful weapon with very limited ammo to work with and a few positional requirements" but did we really need to repeat that scenario with everything? That ideology even bled over into the sniper rifle somehow. The hydra and plasma caster end up being the most interesting weapons in the game even if they don't always work out as intended at least they tried. Why can't a gun be wildly powerful but hard to use? 

Ya but up close you're going to spray that baby.

To be perfectly honest though, up close, both the shotty and the scatter are probably just as easy to get kills ( if not easier) and have the capacity to make more kills per spawn.

compared to other tier 3 weapons, the saw is inferior up close-mid (rockets, fuel rod, rail) and at range afar (rail, sniper)

Saw probably falls inline with the OG plasma caster in terms of how pivotal it will be in matches.

Curious as to why with these changes, 343 reduced the range combat in favor for close quarters? Is this really the general consensus now of the esports Halo pop?

Haven't noticed it being any weaker.

It isn't any weaker. The spnkr rockets travel at a lower speed, but do identical damage, and have an identical splash damage radius to the regular rocket launcher.

Curious as to why with these changes, 343 reduced the range combat in favor for close quarters? Is this really the general consensus now of the esports Halo pop?

Why do you think that? Is this down to precision weapons being removed and relocated? I would like to know why you believe this is so.

This isn't what happened, though. They pretty much deemphasized automatic weapon pickups, allowing the pistol to be more viable more often.

And they moves some precision weopons around.

Hoping Tyrant makes it even when they've fixed Assault. Also really glad they've not forced Assault into the settings in its current state and that they've made lots and lots of little changes to improve things. Fuel Rod top mid on Truth and no precision pickups in base is going to lead to some absolute stompings in ts though. 

Truth is so bad in slayer now.

Why remove the BRs from the bases but leave a carbine/BR up in the towers? Holy spawn traps.

I personally prefer the new truth ts. Having two brs in windows, as well as both a storm and smg in bases, made it really hard to to get of  carbine bubble spawns when the other team had control of both bases with brs, carbines, smgs and storms. Also a lot anchoring in windows with brs old truth now there is a lot more movement. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I personally prefer the new truth ts. Having two brs in windows, as well as both a storm and smg in bases, made it really hard to to get of carbine bubble spawns when the other team had control of both bases with brs, carbines, smgs and storms. Also a lot anchoring in windows with brs old truth now there is a lot more movement.

Ya but atleast you had a shot at a carbine in car. And even though bubble spawns can be tough you're on either equal or elevated ground. Now you can just spawn in a base and be looking up at two towers against a BR and a carbine.

Why not just have no rifles on the map at all?

I haven't played a truth TS yet where the losing team broke 20 kills.

With Precisions in each tower and Fuel Rod top mid is, it's replicating what the previous version of Truth did. Except it's far worse.

- Put the BRs where the SMG was in each Base. This prevents a team from pinning down enemies in a base like the current version does. At the same time, it replicates the previous version, but you have to go out of your way to get the BR/more ammo. 

- Place the Carbine in Car2 closer towards the lift. This allows teams an opportunity at a Precision weapon if they're spawning in the Bubbles. 

- Swap the Plasma Caster back for Fuel Rod. It's too easy to skate towards enemies and reap a possible 10 OHKs, or deal an abundance of splash damage. The FR in Regret was bad enough with players skating into a base to clear it out. With the Truth/Regret bases being almost identical, the exact same thing happens. The buffed Plasma Caster is far superior on this map.

- Put the Storm Rifles in the far corners of each Bubble (Alternatively, neutrally place it bottom middle). The idea behind putting them in the Bubbles is to prevent players who spawn in the Bubbles to be confronted by an SMG and a Storm Rifle while trying to get into a base. This however doesn't stop players taking a SR and holding down a base, but now players who spawn there can defend themselves with their own.

it doesn't look like they are considering they fixed the issue with the Camo one having no timer and the game being broken when you did it.

They fixed both of these and I was very optimistic for its inclusion but it appears the recent calls with the Pro Players have changed their minds, and they'll be removing it because of them.

Have you used it at all?

Less damage, less splash damage, etc,

The only thing it has over the default Rocket Launcher is how good it looks.

It has a faster RoF I believe. It's not a direct downgrade from Vanilla Rockets.

(as SMGs, Storms, and the Scatter were removed from Empire SH)

Good post about SAW but I'm fairly certain SMGs are still on Empire SH.

Wait, hold on.

Why are people upset that a Scattershot, a shotgun with giant glowing space balls, is being replaced by a 60 bullet automatic that takes longer to kill, and has the capacity to be pin-point accurate which introduces a bigger learning curve?

Are...are you guys alright?

Well the Scattershot was only an OHKO at the closest of ranges. It required a decent amount of situational awareness. And while the SAW has very little ammo/kills and isn't an instant kill, it does shred players at a wide variety of ranges with a large ease of use. Both weapons have their pros and cons.

So does the search preference not work anymore? I'm onyx but every game I'm getting diamond players on my team.

So does the search preference not work anymore? I'm onyx but every game I'm getting diamond players on my team.

I don't think it ever did. I always search focused. And I get matched against platinums all the way to champions. And I'm a 1700 Oynx.

On Strongholds Empire why don't they use forge. How bout putting a bridge from outside to top tower and shrinking creating a smaller entrance from front base (red and blue) as it stands pit is just to much of a cluster, usually it just boils down to teams winning one on one battles. Or the classic ring around the rosey (one teams take base while the other teams get the oposing base). I Like strong holds but empire has almost no competitive value.

lol what are you talking about.

On Strongholds Empire why don't they use forge. How bout putting a bridge from outside to top tower and shrinking creating a smaller entrance from front base (red and blue) as it stands pit is just to much of a cluster, usually it just boils down to teams winning one on one battles. Or the classic ring around the rosey (one teams take base while the other teams get the oposing base). I Like strong holds but empire has almost no competitive value.

Why is empire Strongholds still a thing? It's horrible. Watching pro teams play it resembles watching a game of staff captains play crazy king.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why is empire Strongholds still a thing? It's horrible. Watching pro teams play it resembles watching a game of staff captains play crazy king.

Empire strongholds is much better than it's old iteration and is still enjoyable as one of the faster paced gametypes in the HCS settings. 

Empire strongholds is much better than it's old iteration and is still enjoyable as one of the faster paced gametypes in the HCS settings.

I hate all versions of it. It's a giant clusterfuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Empire Strongholds is so bad. I'm convinced that after it's removed, we'll all look back on it with the disdain that we showed for gametypes like Gemini Team Slayer back in the day. 

I'll just put this out there, I enjoyed my Empire CTF games way more than Empire Strongholds, even if that wasn't a great gametype. The engagements were at least more interesting. 

Further, Strongholds continues to be pretty awful on symmetrical maps. Torque Strongholds played even worse than the usual Torque game. The only "interesting" aspect of Empire Strongholds is that, since it's so snowbally, you can pro matches where a team comes back from 99 - 0 down. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

-Remove AR start
-Make Pistol only start
-Put AR on map (As apposed to SMG, on 10 second spawn)
-Put SMG/Storm on a 40-60 second spawn time
-Remove Hydra from truth

-Replace Caster with Fuel on truth (AGAIN.....)
My thoughts on Radar goes both ways, being as the movement capabilities in this game are insane and quick.
-Put shotgun on a 40-60 second spawn time.

-Put BR's back where they were..

These are a few things that I think would help amp up the competitiveness of this game.
People arguing for BR starts or DMR starts (Fucking reach kid), don't understand the significant power rifles have in H5 (apparently).
The Pistol is more than suitable for a starting precision weapon. BR's are too forgiving in Halo 5, if you still argue it to be a starting weapon you're a bit daft, I'm sorry.

Empire Strongholds is so bad. I'm convinced that after it's removed, we'll all look back on it with the disdain that we showed for gametypes like Gemini Team Slayer back in the day. 

I'll just put this out there, I enjoyed my Empire CTF games way more than Empire Strongholds, even if that wasn't a great gametype. The engagements were at least more interesting. 

Further, Strongholds continues to be pretty awful on symmetrical maps. Torque Strongholds played even worse than the usual Torque game. The only "interesting" aspect of Empire Strongholds is that, since it's so snowbally, you can pro matches where a team comes back from 99 - 0 down. 

Empire Strongholds while not a great gametype is still 100 times better than Gemini TS

lol what are you talking about.

there are less rifles available on the maps... the pistol already has a range limitation.

what's not to understand with my post?

-Remove AR start

-Make Pistol only start

-Put AR on map (As apposed to SMG, on 10 second spawn)

-Put SMG/Storm on a 40-60 second spawn time

-Remove Hydra from truth

-Replace Caster with Fuel on truth (AGAIN.....)

My thoughts on Radar goes both ways, being as the movement capabilities in this game are insane and quick.

-Put shotgun on a 40-60 second spawn time.

-Put BR's back where they were..

These are a few things that I think would help amp up the competitiveness of this game.

People arguing for BR starts or DMR starts (Fucking reach kid), don't understand the significant power rifles have in H5 (apparently).

The Pistol is more than suitable for a starting precision weapon. BR's are too forgiving in Halo 5, if you still argue it to be a starting weapon you're a bit daft, I'm sorry.

I don't mind the AR as a starting weapon, but what I would like to see is giving it 0 spare ammo so that it's only useful for a couple of kills before it runs out.

• Upvote (+1) 1