CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

Am I the only one who doesn't like where OS is on Plaza now? I liked it best in Flowers honestly. People having to jump and clamber for it now is stupid.

I loved it in Yard. The Plasma Pistol in Yard is a pretty good buff in the Refresh settings, but OS will still be in a pretty gimmicky spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On a lot of maps there won't even really be a point actually going for OS if they remove the melee pick up. It may be more beneficial to just bait it and get a free kill.

On a lot of maps there won't even really be a point actually going for OS if they remove the melee pick up. It may be more beneficial to just bait it and get a free kill.

it doesn't look like they are considering they fixed the issue with the Camo one having no timer and the game being broken when you did it.

Ya especially given that they removed YY and I hear they're planning on removing the melee pick up as well.

It will get burned pretty much every time.

Yard was nice, because though it was still a grenade fest, it was bigger then top mid, so not everyone got melted. Also it gave the team stuck in the Orange part of the map, a chance to break back into green/blue.

I hated Plaza anyway (It's a ok map but I'm not good at it). But now I don't think I'll like it at all.

It'll still be important. You'll still see instances where teams get overwhelmed because they lose track of timers.

What happens when both teams go for the "bait" approach?

I like the reduction of autos on the maps.  Im not a big fan of the saw but Im not too upset either.  I mean its a power weapon that you have to fight for and generally all power weapons are easy to get kills with.  You can get like 5 kills with the 1 full magazine they give you for the saw?  Maybe 6?  

Maybe I suck with it, but I'm usually getting 2-3. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol

How

Have you used it at all?

Less damage, less splash damage, etc,

The only thing it has over the default Rocket Launcher is how good it looks.

Yea Spanker rockets are pretty weak. Remind me somewhat of H3 Rockets on how weak they are

What happens when both teams go for the "bait" approach?

Mexican standoff, duh.

The inclusion of SAW makes me happy.

Now, before you turn into rage mode and you're like "HERE COMES AUDLEY WITH ANOTHER PRO-AUTO POST" I want to be clear: if you run at someone in close range and hold down the trigger with the SAW, you are a fucking noob who is wasting ammo and needs to just drop the weapon and go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.

Here's why I like the SAW:

1. It is viscerally one of the most satisfying weapons ever to be included in Halo.  When you hear the sound of the SAW being fired, you know it's a SAW being fired, and you know someone is getting torn the fuck up.
  2. It has perfect tap accuracy, a high RoF at which it can fire with perfect accuracy, and substantial range.  This means, if you're using the SAW correctly (read: not spraying), then you can mow down opponents quickly from long range, even though it's an automatic.
  3. It's different.  Unlike Rockets which are a quick one-hit kill with a ton of splash damage that can clear out a room in a hurry, or a Scattershot/Shotgun which can turn a CQB encounter into a situation where the power weapon user doesn't take any trade damage... The SAW is a power weapon that...while almost guaranteed to win a 1v1 will likely not be able to IMMEDIATELY 1v1 someone else right after.  You can kill a SAW user with attrition.

I think pairing the SAW with a map/gametype that literally has no other autos or CQB weapons (as SMGs, Storms, and the Scatter were removed from Empire SH) will end up being a nice change of pace.  Though, yes, we will see a lot of people just using the SAW as a spray auto...which is admittedly disappointing.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Now, before you turn into rage mode and you're like "HERE COMES AUDLEY WITH ANOTHER PRO-AUTO POST" I want to be clear: if you run at someone in close range and hold down the trigger with the SAW, you are a fucking noob who is wasting ammo and needs to just drop the weapon and go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.

• It is viscerally one of the most satisfying weapons ever to be included in Halo. When you hear the sound of the SAW being fired, you know it's a SAW being fired, and you know someone is getting torn the fuck up.
  • It has perfect tap accuracy, a high RoF at which it can fire with perfect accuracy, and substantial range. This means, if you're using the SAW correctly (read: not spraying), then you can mow down opponents quickly from long range, even though it's an automatic.
  • It's different. Unlike Rockets which are a quick one-hit kill with a ton of splash damage that can clear out a room in a hurry, or a Scattershot/Shotgun which can turn a CQB encounter into a situation where the power weapon user doesn't take any trade damage... The SAW is a power weapon that...while almost guaranteed to win a 1v1 will likely not be able to IMMEDIATELY 1v1 someone else right after. You can kill a SAW user with attrition.
I think pairing the SAW with a map/gametype that literally has no other autos or CQB weapons (as SMGs, Storms, and the Scatter were removed from Empire SH) will end up being a nice change of pace. Though, yes, we will see a lot of people just using the SAW as a spray auto...which is admittedly disappointing.

The more i think about it, the more I start to lean towards this opinion.

This coming from a guy who initially despised the idea.

Have you used it at all?

Less damage, less splash damage, etc,

The only thing it has over the default Rocket Launcher is how good it looks.

Haven't noticed it being any weaker.

• It is viscerally one of the most satisfying weapons ever to be included in Halo. When you hear the sound of the SAW being fired, you know it's a SAW being fired, and you know someone is getting torn the fuck up.
  • It has perfect tap accuracy, a high RoF at which it can fire with perfect accuracy, and substantial range. This means, if you're using the SAW correctly (read: not spraying), then you can mow down opponents quickly from long range, even though it's an automatic.
  • It's different. Unlike Rockets which are a quick one-hit kill with a ton of splash damage that can clear out a room in a hurry, or a Scattershot/Shotgun which can turn a CQB encounter into a situation where the power weapon user doesn't take any trade damage... The SAW is a power weapon that...while almost guaranteed to win a 1v1 will likely not be able to IMMEDIATELY 1v1 someone else right after. You can kill a SAW user with attrition.
I think pairing the SAW with a map/gametype that literally has no other autos or CQB weapons (as SMGs, Storms, and the Scatter were removed from Empire SH) will end up being a nice change of pace. Though, yes, we will see a lot of people just using the SAW as a spray auto...which is admittedly disappointing.

So, the only way to use the SAW correctly is from long range?

Waa

Maybe I suck with it, but I'm usually getting 2-3. 

And thats using it until its out of ammo? thats even better.  Its a power weapon with less kill capabilities than rockets or railgun

And thats using it until its out of ammo? thats even better.  Its a power weapon with less kill capabilities than rockets or railgun

You can get more if you're finishing of teammate's kills, but as far as killing from start to finish, yeah, 2-3. It also kills more slowly than either the rockets or railgun (for single kills, at least). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope they bring the warzone variants into customs so there might be the smallest possibility that they could be introduced into arena.

The Endgame would be an awesome power weapon for comp play and much better than the railgun.

For that matter, didacts signet would be awesome too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regarding saw, I think I'm starting to see the value in a power that isn't a 1HK like all the others.

This probably isn't as bad as it seems, especially since there's no additional ammo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, the only way to use the SAW correctly is from long range?

Waa

Not the only way, but if used correctly the SAW can demolish a BR or DMR in a 1v1 from medium range -- without wasting bullets via spray.  You just have to tap-fire.

Wait, hold on.

Why are people upset that a Scattershot, a shotgun with giant glowing space balls, is being replaced by a 60 bullet automatic that takes longer to kill, and has the capacity to be pin-point accurate which introduces a bigger learning curve?

Are...are you guys alright?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, hold on.

Why are people upset that a Scattershot, a shotgun with giant glowing space balls, is being replaced by a 60 bullet automatic that takes longer to kill, and has the capacity to be pin-point accurate which introduces a bigger learning curve?

Are...are you guys alright?

I think it largely hinges around the fact that it's an automatic weapon.

Not the only way, but if used correctly the SAW can demolish a BR or DMR in a 1v1 from medium range -- without wasting bullets via spray. You just have to tap-fire.

Ya but up close you're going to spray that baby.

Truth is so bad in slayer now.

Why remove the BRs from the bases but leave a carbine/BR up in the towers? Holy spawn traps.

• Upvote (+1) 1