CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

literally just nothing but pistols/ars with 1 power weapon and maybe an os or camo with no radar

• Downvote (-1) 4

Great, thanks for the feedback!

You forgot to mention no radar though. :(

You will be missed, dearly.

This is literally the 10th time I've seen you post this. In fact I don't think I've seen you post anything else, constructive or nonconstructive.

Just stop, it's idiotic to keep posting the same thing over and over.

You do realize that repeating something only increases the odds of getting peoples attention and the more people that know about an issue increases the odds of it being changed. If anything if there's a problem don't shut up about it until it gets fixed or else you're settling for garbage.

#addpartyrestrictions #removeradar #nerfautos

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are two ways to use the hydra. Lock on to someone, and either get a free kill or hit a wall, or spam it aimlessly. Not very creative.

There's also lock angling and the melee combo, but hey, keep ignoring our points.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fuel rod doesn't belong in comp settings imo

That gun is a free killing spree.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Has 343i ever mentioned a competitive playlist with different settings?

As in no radar and less autos.

What are you talking about? The default settings are competitive. I mean, it was just the other day when I got into a pistol v. pistol fight with someone. Individual skill still exists. I think it was last week where I thrusted during an SMG fight and killed someone?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has 343i ever mentioned a competitive playlist with different settings?

As in no radar and less autos.

Nope. They are updating Team Arena to only use gametypes from HCS, that started today and by the end of May, it'll be 100% identical to the HCS Pro League settings.

No discussion of no radar but the updated maps have less autos.

So does 343 just hate oddball? we cant even get a social oddball playlist for a week much less it tested for HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So does 343 just hate oddball? we cant even get a social oddball playlist for a week much less it tested for HCS.

Is oddball in Halo 5.

literally just nothing but pistols/ars with 1 power weapon and maybe an os or camo with no radar

And no sprint, and scaled down maps, and you have the best Halo 4v4 ever.

Is oddball in Halo 5.

Kind of. It's possible to create it will the Ball mode, but there's no official Oddball mode that 343 has created and put out.

I can't believe we don't have a classic playlist yet with no Spartan abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone played Plaza stronghonds yet? it's impossible. 

I played it. 

Why is it impossible?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You have to elaborate if you truly want a weapon to be removed or tuned to be better balanced. The Fuel Rod is a faster firing Rocket Launcher with more ammo, but it requires more skill to use due to the small(er) blast radius. However, when players do hit this skill ceiling with the weapon (which is frequent at the Pro level) it offers 10 potential kills, which is just way too much for a generic explosive weapon.

The weapon can be fixed by toning down the blast radius even further or reducing the ammo that it just spawns with one clip (5 shots)

There is no official Oddball gametype, and therefore none of the maps have been tested or played with Oddball in any capacity.

Has anyone played Plaza stronghonds yet? it's impossible. 

Is it impossible by design, or is it impossible because it's new? There is a major difference and I think a lot of us are going through a culture shock in terms of these maps. It happens in a lot of games that go through balance-changing seasons. A high-level League of Legends player sometimes will have to relearn the entire way they play the game because of how the developer shifts the meta, and this is the primary intention with these competitive updates to Arena.

For example, I also played Plaza Strongholds today and was completely lost, but as people continue to play the game I could see it becoming much more refined. Same goes for Coliseum; the map may be fundamentally changed but we can't objectively judge anything until we've grinded it out and dissected the metagame in each map.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Take old Fathom and simply swap the camo and rail spawns. Having the rail spawn in the position where it is most useful is just silly, not as silly as SAW/speed boost, but silly nonetheless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Random thought, but I feel like Eden would be the one map I would enjoy seeing a Speed Boost on (probably for Slayer). Map isn't super choppy and room based so there wouldn't be a lot of cheesy getaways. 

Take old Fathom and simply swap the camo and rail spawns. Having the rail spawn in the position where it is most useful is just silly, not as silly as SAW/speed boost, but silly nonetheless.

Agreed with this. Will also facilitate less Camo burns. Plus Camo isn't really useful for Top Mid control, so you'd have to drop to roam after obtaining it.

Haven't got around to playing but after just watching Kampy play Plaza Strongholds I noticed that the stronghold setup is now nearly identical to Overgrowth.

Overgrowth - Blue

Plaza - Cafe

Overgrowth - Bottom Mid

Plaza - Bottom Mid/U Turn

Overgrowth - Tram

Plaza - Tram (Junction)

It seems like 343 realized a lot of people liked Strongholds in Overgrowth but at the same time a lot of people hated Overgrowth in general, so they put it's stronghold setup on Plaza.

I'm also happy that Plaza's GIGANTIC cheesy bottom mid hill is gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they keep the storm rifles on the subs then I agree. Old Fathom's storm rifle location was waaaaaaay too cheesy. And the reduction of splinter nades is also much better. Overall the new Fathom with rail and camo switched would be better than old Fathom with the 2 switched.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There's also lock angling and the melee combo, but hey, keep ignoring our points.

Ooh yes locking on and pointing the gun in the air. Much skill.

Nah m8 it takes sooo much skill.