CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

Weapons that are literally only used to spam at the wall/floor and hope for a kill are not weapons that should be in competitive settings.

Rockets are far more powerful and definitely take less skill to use than the Plasma caster, should they stay?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fuel Rod on Truth sounds awful, Hydra unnecessary too. Fathom power ups and power weapon changes make no sense to me but it might play well I guess. Apart from that I think the major changes are good. Reducing autos as well as BRs is good, makes for more pistol fights and sticks to people using AR which is the most balanced of the autos.

Plasma Caster bolts aren't nearly as strong as Grenades or Rockets...

Yes but there are more of them, and they can be shot faster. I think of them as like mini frags.

Justify to me why weapons like the plasma caster and hydra launcher should ever be in competitive settings.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Imagine if we still had a grenade launcher instead of a plasma caster

• Upvote (+1) 3

Rockets are far more powerful and definitely take less skill to use than the Plasma caster, should they stay?

There is also 4 of them at one time, and they can't be shot round walls.

Imagine if we still had a grenade launcher instead of a plasma caster

This. A weapon that was actually interesting and skillful. Fuck the caster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes but there are more of them, and they can be shot faster. I think of them as like mini frags.

Justify to me why weapons like the plasma caster and hydra launcher should ever be in competitive settings.

Hydra is extremely niche and requires excellent patience and positioning to use (moreso than the Sniper), and the Plasma Caster is weaker than the Rockets, has a higher skill ceiling, and still shows up just as frequently.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the speed boost is worth a try (just as a map powerup overall), especially now that spartan charge 1 hit kill is removed

Sometimes, whacky things on paper can end up feeling good, so I always vote for it to be tried.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hydra is extremely niche and requires excellent patience and positioning to use (moreso than the Sniper), and the Plasma Caster is weaker than the Rockets, has a higher skill ceiling, and still shows up just as frequently.

lol. By positioning do you mean sit far back and literally lock on to people. Can't take that statement seriously. The caster can be used for some more interesting kills, but in pro games on rig for example it is just used to spam engine or bunker with 5 mini frags. Obnoxious and stupid weapon concept.

Also has much more varied use which, in my opinion, is great for the meta. You want players to find creative ways to use the sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also has much more varied use which, in my opinion, is great for the meta. You want players to find creative ways to use the sandbox.

There are two ways to use the hydra. Lock on to someone, and either get a free kill or hit a wall, or spam it aimlessly. Not very creative.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just not too creative, or it'll get patched.

• Upvote (+1) 3

this arena playlist is so unbelievably broken and terrible lol  welp time to stop playing again

• Downvote (-1) 1

this arena playlist is so unbelievably broken and terrible lol  welp time to stop playing again

Great, thanks for the feedback!

You forgot to mention no radar though. :(

You will be missed, dearly.

• Downvote (-1) 1

God. I just want no radar. Is it so hard?

I am starting to loath 343 again, and I really don't want to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God. I just want no radar. Is it so hard?

This is literally the 10th time I've seen you post this. In fact I don't think I've seen you post anything else, constructive or nonconstructive.

Just stop, it's idiotic to keep posting the same thing over and over.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Fathom is complete garbage right now. SAW is way too annoying and speed boost (for now) still one hit kills. My go to QTB map until MoR drops.

This is literally the 10th time I've seen you post this. In fact I don't think I've seen you post anything else, constructive or nonconstructive.

Just stop, it's idiotic to keep posting the same thing over and over.

5phzYS6.png

I am starting to loath 343 again, and I really don't want to.

It's not just the industry. It's also the people that play the game. The ones that say they want it, but then play Warzone 24/7 because they've been trash since they started Halo.