CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

It seems as if they are aiming to make play much less centered on Automatic weapons, which is great. I wouldn't mind seeing the storm rifles out of arena at all and isolated to Warzone. Most of these look good/decent and will change the meta of maps with stronghold placement and give some more variety.

Side note, what the heck is going on with Fathom, though? I thought CTF played great with the default settings of power weapons/ups. Removing those tree-house Storm Rifles and it would be good to go, IMO.

Some of these changes seem very, very bad.

Some are very, very good.

Good thing 343 is doing something awesome and giving us an extended testing period where bad changes will go and better changes will be made.

I'm so fucking excited.

Which would you consider bad?

Personally the ones I'm worried about are the fathom changes.

Empire CTF is definitely much slower, I just had a game which finished due to time.

who said it was my only complaint? there is still a lot that needs to be changed but I'm not gonna beat a dead horse

No, please post your feedback. Unless you're just going to post "remove radar" constantly. Don't like/like something in today's changes, post it here or on the Waypoint topics.

As a person who has been following this refresh process religiously, here are my initial thoughts without grinding out all the gametypes:

• Coliseum is much better, but the Sniper-Rocket flop is a bit bizarre, I need to play it more
  • Fathom is all over the place, the Storm Rifle movement is good but Speed Boost and SAW are very bad. This is probably the worst map of the bunch
  • Truth is amazing in tons of ways, but the Fuel Rod might be a bit strong. I hope they reduce the ammo or replace it with some form of Rockets. Most other changes on Truth are amazing
  • Empire is a bit all over the place. I still think Shotgun is way too powerful for this map in Slayer/CTF/Assault and hopefully it is removed. The Splinters in the Sneakies are way too strong for that tight of an area, and I'm still not a fan of the Barrels in Tower. However, the Dynamic between Rockets and OS is pretty nice and I think the Stronghold changes are good overall.
  • Regret is dank
  • Plaza I have actually not seen yet, but I am very eager to play it.

All these changes look very promising, bar the Saw and Speed Boost on Fathom. They are making the automatics and the precision rifles more scarce, which in turn focuses more on Magnum VS Magnum.

Good stuff.

I am so fucking happy the replaced the fuel on regret.

They just airlifted it up to Truth

The plasma caster and hydra launcher should be removed from arena not buffed and made more prevalent

Stop trying to shove the saw down our throats.

Coli does not need changing at all.Please leave original settings.

Reduction of autos on maps is a good step forward.

Empire changes sound great.

Fuel rod on truth is fucking ********.

Plasma caster on regret is also ********.

No mention of reduction of railgun ammo

All in all some good changes, but it's a case of 1 step forward two steps back with these proposed settings, although I am glad that they are taking feedback and will be making changes based on the wants of the community. This is a good step to #MakeHaloGreatAgain

As a person who has been following this refresh process religiously, here are my initial thoughts without grinding out all the gametypes:

• Coliseum is much better, but the Sniper-Rocket flop is a bit bizarre, I need to play it more
  • Fathom is all over the place, the Storm Rifle movement is good but Speed Boost and SAW are very bad. This is probably the worst map of the bunch
  • Truth is amazing in tons of ways, but the Fuel Rod might be a bit strong. I hope they reduce the ammo or replace it with some form of Rockets. Most other changes on Truth are amazing
  • Empire is a bit all over the place. I still think Shotgun is way too powerful for this map in Slayer/CTF/Assault and hopefully it is removed. The Splinters in the Sneakies are way too strong for that tight of an area, and I'm still not a fan of the Barrels in Tower. However, the Dynamic between Rockets and OS is pretty nice and I think the Stronghold changes are good overall.
  • Regret is dank
  • Plaza I have actually not seen yet, but I am very eager to play it.

@Il Meanbean lI

I agree w/ pretty much everything Infinity said above. Some changes are... odd. Some are fucking great. 

@@Moa most of my complaints are the remove radar/ sprint/half the weapons sandbox so my feedback isn't really constructive. as for the new settings updates I haven't had the time to see them in action so i can't contribute anything yet.

going back to my treehouse callout complaint, I think in a game where relaying information quickly is important, the extra syllable with 'tree' is useless. the fact that there is no tree in sight is my own personal pet peeve. i just think it could be named something more efficient 

The plasma caster and hydra launcher should be removed from arena not buffed and made more prevalent

Stop trying to shove the saw down our throats.

Coli does not need changing at all.Please leave original settings.

Reduction of autos on maps is a good step forward.

Empire changes sound great.

Fuel rod on truth is fucking ********.

Plasma caster on regret is also ********.

No mention of reduction of railgun ammo

All in all some good changes, but it's a case of 1 step forward two steps back with these proposed settings, although I am glad that they are taking feedback and will be making changes based on the wants of the community. This is a good step to #MakeHaloGreatAgain

Why shouldn't they have the plasma caster?

I love it when they change the normal arena playlist out of nowhere to a test [email protected] THX BRAV N QUINN

But on a more serious note... why not just have two desperate playlists, and have the test playlist give bonus REQ/XP or some shit to give more of an incentive to play it. I am not sure what is going through 343's head when they make these decisions 

• Downvote (-1) 3

I love it when they change the normal arena playlist out of nowhere to a test [email protected] THX BRAV N QUINN

But on a more serious note... why not just have two desperate playlists, and have the test playlist give bonus REQ/XP or some shit to give more of an incentive to play it. I am not sure what is going through 343's head when they make these decisions 

1. Splitting populations

2. More people funneled into the single playlist to give feedback

It's 10 days, not really the end of the world.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why shouldn't they have the plasma caster?

Weapons that are literally only used to spam at the wall/floor and hope for a kill are not weapons that should be in competitive settings.

• Downvote (-1) 1

1. Splitting populations

2. More people funneled into the single playlist to give feedback

It's 10 days, not really the end of the world.

I know it is for only 10 days, but when they replace a playlist OUT OF NOWHERE (one of the most popular ones out of that) makes for a lot of unhappy people, especially those interested in competing and practicing for the online last chance qualifiers. It's really frustrating when they make it so the only way you can play the current gametypes is in customs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it is for only 10 days, but when they replace a playlist OUT OF NOWHERE (one of the most popular ones out of that) makes for a lot of unhappy people, especially those interested in competing and practicing for the online last chance qualifiers. It's really frustrating when they make it so the only way you can play the current gametypes is in customs. 

This was announced and reinforced 2 or 3 times now, they gave people plenty of time to prepare for its arrival and still offered the classic maps in custom games. Once again, its ten days so I don't think it's that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Weapons that are literally only used to spam at the wall/floor and hope for a kill are not weapons that should be in competitive settings.

so we should remove Rockets and Grenades?

• Upvote (+1) 5

so we should remove Rockets and Grenades?

Well if you could spam 5 grenades/rockets in about 2 seconds then probably.

Well if you could spam 5 grenades/rockets in about 2 seconds then probably.

Plasma Caster bolts aren't nearly as strong as Grenades or Rockets...