CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

No but serious when is this update? Team Arena is going to be official HCS gametypes now right?

Update w/ info drops today. Radar won't be removed but Team Arena will be the full HCS Rotation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing is going to be changed until after this season, but the thing is it might be too late for them. People will move onto better games that are coming out this year. I agree with everything, but the double jump we need to stay away from that.

Nothing is going to change. And if it does change it won't matter i bet 90% of the initial users are gone. First impressions matter a lot. Im hust waiting for the Overwatch release, fun game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Update w/ info drops today. Radar won't be removed but Team Arena will be the full HCS Rotation.

Is the radar 100% not getting removed, or is there a chance?

Is the radar 100% not getting removed, or is there a chance?

I mean I don't have intel obviously, but I'd still say its 100% not being removed.

I mean I don't have intel obviously, but I'd still say its 100% not being removed.

yeah, they "Increased crouch speed" instead of removing radar (or making it "Sprint+abilities only"). asinine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it lit?!?! :fire::prayers:

I'm unsure how lit it could possibly be consdiering they don't try to make the changes that need to be made.

Regret: Slayer

Plaza: Strongholds/Slayer

Tyrant: Assault/CTF

Truth: CTF/Assault (No Slayer)

Coliseum: Slayer/CTF

Fathom: CTF/Assault

Eden: Slayer/Strongholds

Rig: Slayer/Strongholds

Empire: CTF/Strongholds

Stasis (Coming Soon): Slayer/CTF

I'm unsure how lit it could possibly be consdiering they don't try to make the changes that need to be made.

Like what? I see them taking steps in the right direction and these changes are by no means the final settings.

What, did you expect a Falcon?

Regret: Slayer

Plaza: Strongholds/Slayer

Tyrant: Assault/CTF

Truth: CTF/Assault (No Slayer)

Coliseum: Slayer/CTF

Fathom: CTF/Assault

Stasis (Coming Soon): Slayer/CTF

You're missing Empire CTF/Strongholds, Rig Strongholds/Slayer and Eden Strongholds/Slayer

Hmm, any reason why Truth Slayer was taken out?

Looks like they are looking for 2 or fewer game types per map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

god damn even 343 refers to the fathom callouts as "treehouse"... where are the fucking trees? who comes up with this shit?

If this is the only complaint you have after doing the refresh, I think we're doing well.

Looks like they are looking for 2 or fewer game types per map.

Ah makes sense.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the changes. Empire obviously had nowhere to go but up, and the changes seem promising. I thought that Eden and Coliseum played pretty perfectly before, but I see nothing wrong with experimenting with different tweaks. Worst case I would hope they revert to the old settings if the changes aren't actually improvements, but I fully support at least testing new settings. 

If this is the only complaint you have after doing the refresh, I think we're doing well.

who said it was my only complaint? there is still a lot that needs to be changed but I'm not gonna beat a dead horse

I like the changes. There are a lot less autos on some of the maps.

BUT

Remove radar. Fuck radar. Maybe next season. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some of these changes seem very, very bad.

Some are very, very good.

Good thing 343 is doing something awesome and giving us an extended testing period where bad changes will go and better changes will be made.

I'm so fucking excited.

• Upvote (+1) 1