CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

Wait, you're purple again?

I guess joining ESL means I deserve it :P

I asked Ray to move me to regular before I joined ESL because I felt VIP should be for like, special members like 343 employees, ESL, MLG, etc. Not just someone who used to be staff. 

I guess joining ESL means I deserve it :P

I asked Ray to move me to regular before I joined ESL because I felt VIP should be for like, special members like 343 employees, ESL, MLG, etc. Not just someone who used to be staff. 

You always had a VIP pass to my heart

You always had a VIP pass to my heart

v6yZZOW.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Newest Truth Refresh:

• SMGs Removed
  • Storm Rifles moved to Red/Blue Door
  • BRs Replaced with Frags @ Windows
  • P2 Carbine replaced with BR
  • Hydra Bottom Mid
  • Fuel Rod Top Mid

I love everything but I think Fuel Rod should have 0 Additional Clips

Newest Truth Refresh:

• SMGs Removed
  • Hydra Bottom Mid
  • Fuel Rod Top Mid

Interesting. Kind of blows up my game though as I always grab the BR out of the base. Makes picking off the kids that for some reason refuse to upgrade from the pistol so easy.

Interesting. Kind of blows up my game though as I always grab the BR out of the base. Makes picking off the kids that for some reason refuse to upgrade from the pistol so easy.

I'll thrust cancel 5-shot your BR with my pistol.

Newest Truth Refresh:

• SMGs Removed
  • Hydra Bottom Mid
  • Fuel Rod Top Mid

Hydra? Seriously? Love running from heat seeking rockets

Newest Truth Refresh:

• SMGs Removed
  • Hydra Bottom Mid
  • Fuel Rod Top Mid

Hydra bottom mid seems a bit pointless. Don't see myself going out of my way for that except maybe in a Slayer. Changes overall seem positive, I like the trend of cutting down on the number of Rifles and Autos and focusing on more significant power weapon pick-ups.

Would still like to see Truth adopt a 2-powerup set-up. Camo Car1, Sword Top-Mid, OS P1, and Combo P2 would be awesome. It's one of the larger maps in the rotation, and I'd like to see the weapon layout reflect that and do a better job of encouraging movement and allowing the down team to break control.

Newest Truth Refresh:

• SMGs Removed
  • Hydra Bottom Mid
  • Fuel Rod Top Mid

Where exactly do these changes take effect? I've been playing Team Arena but I don't see any changes.

Hydra bottom mid seems a bit pointless. Don't see myself going out of my way for that except maybe in a Slayer. Changes overall seem positive, I like the trend of cutting down on the number of Rifles and Autos and focusing on more significant power weapon pick-ups.

Would still like to see Truth adopt a 2-powerup set-up. Camo Car1, Sword Top-Mid, OS P1, and Combo P2 would be awesome. It's one of the larger maps in the rotation, and I'd like to see the weapon layout reflect that and do a better job of encouraging movement and allowing the down team to break control.

I dig a lot of those ideas, however I think Plasma Pistol P2 would be a bit too broken with P3 + the BR that is already there. Maybe do Camo Car 2 for unique Bubble Block plays, Plasma Pistol Car 1 to counter OS P1, and Sword Top Mid?

Where exactly do these changes take effect? I've been playing Team Arena but I don't see any changes.

The maps are occasionally iterated on in Deez's (Quinn) File Share, I keep track of them before they get pushed to Arena. These are likely the newest variants that will be tested by the HCS Council.

I'll thrust cancel 5-shot your BR with my pistol.

Maybe if you're right up in my face. At range you're melted. And once you're close enough for the pistol/thrust to be a major advantage over the BR you're now in SR/SMG meltville.

Maybe if you're right up in my face. At range you're melted. And once you're close enough for the pistol/thrust to be a major advantage over the BR you're now in SR/SMG meltville.

I can't really give an estimate of how good cookie is with the Magnum, but I can tell you that I hardly ever pick up a BR. Best thing I'll ever grab is a Light Rifle or a DMR, but I always keep the Magnum in my holster. I've focused so much on the gun that I can out perform others consistently.

You put the time in, you get good with that sidearm, and it's dangerous.

I can't really give an estimate of how good cookie is with the Magnum, but I can tell you that I hardly ever pick up a BR. Best thing I'll ever grab is a Light Rifle or a DMR, but I always keep the Magnum in my holster. I've focused so much on the gun that I can out perform others consistently.

You put the time in, you get good with that sidearm, and it's dangerous.

It has the same killtime as the BR lol. If someone is hitting perfert shots with a BR it does not matter how good you are with a pistol.

I do get why at high levels(especially in obj) play keeping a pistol most of the time is usually the way to go as the BR isn't a big enough upgrade to waste precious time going out of your way to get it. The opportunity cost is too high. Plus once you get used to the feel of the pistol swapping it out and using a BR can feel really akward. But, in slower paced slayer games on big maps, grabbing a BR is totally worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No.

On paper the pistol has a slightly faster killtime. In game, online, they're essentially the same when the game is making its lag adjustments.

Still waiting to hear what AR starts add to the game other than making the game easier for people with bad aim and introducing the minuscule skill of knowing when to use it over the pistol.

Still waiting to hear what AR starts add to the game other than making the game easier for people with bad aim and introducing the minuscule skill of knowing when to use it over the pistol.

1. Adds depth to the sandbox so Halo doesn't regress into a one-gun game.

2. Unified settings bring in casual viewership and improve playlist population retention.

3. Puts emphasis on making decisions over executing needlessly difficult moves--this is widely accepted philosophy among modern fighting game designers, just as valid for shooters as MOBA character balance philosophy.

4. Balances Spartan Abilities.

5. Makes dodging shots harder, increasing the skill gap.

6. The AR was a starting weapon in Halo CE, so Halo 5 is actually going back to its roots.

7. If you couldn't tell, everything in this post was a satirical take on actual arguments I've seen.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

2. Unified settings bring in casual viewership and improve playlist population retention.

3. Puts emphasis on making decisions over executing needlessly difficult moves--this is widely accepted philosophy among modern fighting game designers, just as valid for shooters as MOBA character balance philosophy.

6. The AR was a starting weapon in Halo CE, so Halo 5 is actually going back to its roots.

7. If you couldn't tell, everything in this post was a satirical take on actual arguments I've seen.

You forgot so super awesome 1337 skinz you can use. Next patch the AR is going to have a radar built into the AR. Double the radar?! How can you lose?!

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. But it wouldn't be a one-gun-game regardless of the AR.

2.[CITATION REQUIRED]

3. The decision of "AR vs. pistol" is a very easy one to make.

4. I don't understand how

5. Is this a joke?

6. What the fuck?

7. You had me rolling

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, I skimmed your post and thought you were serious and dropped the neg. apologies. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't forget:

8. Have you even played this game without ARs?

9. ARs aren't that bad, man.

10. A pro player who is making thousands off the game as it is told me that ARs are fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2