CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Arena Gameplay Settings Thread

can we get radar the entire fuck outta here now?

No, can't you see all of the casual players it brought in?

Can you explain the bolded?

What do you mean? Explain why I added them to the list?

No, can't you see all of the casual players it brought in?

sarcasm or you talking about the stream numbers? lol...that has zero to do with radar....

Are you guys advocating for taking out radar in every ranked playlist, or just in the team arena playlist, as well as competitive tournaments?

sarcasm or you talking about the stream numbers? lol...that has zero to do with radar....

sarcasm

Can you explain the bolded?

By "Disable weapon timers for power weapons" I'm pretty sure he means get rid of the weapon pads. By "Power ups on static timers" he means make it so that they always spawn at the same time. Power ups are currently on dynamic timers and spawn two minutes after players pick them up. Static timers would make it so that they spawn at set intervals regardless of player interaction, like Rockets/Sniper.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are you guys advocating for taking out radar in every ranked playlist, or just in the team arena playlist, as well as competitive tournaments?

Just arena.

Can we start with restructuring the Team Arena playlist? Seems like that would be the easiest thing to do first. Take out all of the DLC maps and Assault since they're not officially in the HCS rotation and work your way from there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ideally there would be no radar(motion tracker) in every ranked playlist with the exception of FFA(rumble pit) and every social(unranked) playlist would have radar(motion tracker). I don't want to play a ranked playlist like team doubles and have to deal with the annoying radar(motion tracker).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we start with restructuring the Team Arena playlist? Seems like that would be the easiest thing to do first. Take out all of the DLC maps and Assault since they're not officially in the HCS rotation and work your way from there.

I disagree. I like the variety. Most the people playing arena are not trying to practice for events.

I disagree. I like the variety. Most the people playing arena are not trying to practice for events.

There needs to be a playlist for players to practice the tournament settings. It makes the most sense to make Team Arena that playlist.

As for variety: We just need more social playlists in this game. Problem solved. Also, background skill matching in social can fuck off.

Sure but there needs to be some sort of "HCS" playlist and that's what Team Arena was originally for. Would rather not have another playlist to take up a spot especially if it's called something along the lines of HCS because that could hurt it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually just finished finding 100 games of Team Arena and marking the gametype.

Out of those 100, 34 of them were competitive gametypes.

20 slayer matches

28 ctf matches

25 strongholds matches

27 assault matches

The top 5 most common gametypes were

1.) Fathom CTF (11)

2.) Coliseum Assault (10)

3.) Riptide Strongholds (9)

4.) Torque CTF (7)

5.) Torque Strongholds and Rig Slayer (6)

Out of these 6 gametypes, 2 of them are competitive gametypes.

Some other points of interest:

Regret Slayer was played twice out of 100 times.

Coliseum CTF was played once out of 100 times.

Eden Strongholds was played once out of 100 times.

Truth CTF was not found until the 23rd match.

Empire Strongholds was played once out of 100 times.

Eden, unbelievably, was played once out of these 100 matches. The 63rd match found was Eden Strongholds.

Out of 12(?) possible competitive gametypes, six of them were found 0, 1, or 2 times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow that playlist variety is so shitty.

We need a veto system and re-weighted maps. For some reason 343 weights their "DLC" maps higher to "let people experience it" and then they forget to fucking switch it. Wouldn't be as bad if the maps weren't dogshit

• Upvote (+1) 2

can we get radar the entire fuck outta here now?

something about your wording actually made me laugh. lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Re-do Team Arena playlist

- Remove radar

- GOOD FORGE MAPS.

- Re-balance  sandbox( not going in detail about what has been talked about for so long)

-> Profit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I actually just finished finding 100 games of Team Arena and marking the gametype.

Out of those 100, 34 of them were competitive gametypes.

20 slayer matches

28 ctf matches

25 strongholds matches

27 assault matches

The top 5 most common gametypes were

1.) Fathom CTF (11)

2.) Coliseum Assault (10)

3.) Riptide Strongholds (9)

4.) Torque CTF (7)

5.) Torque Strongholds and Rig Slayer (6)

Out of these 6 gametypes, 2 of them are competitive gametypes.

Some other points of interest:

Regret Slayer was played twice out of 100 times.

Coliseum CTF was played once out of 100 times.

Eden Strongholds was played once out of 100 times.

Truth CTF was not found until the 23rd match.

Empire Strongholds was played once out of 100 times.

Eden, unbelievably, was played once out of these 100 matches. The 63rd match found was Eden Strongholds.

Out of 12(?) possible competitive gametypes, six of them were found 0, 1, or 2 times.

This is exactly the problem.

It basically boils down to this - if my team gets on and we spend literally 5 hours grinding to "practice", we often go some nights without ever playing certain gametypes/maps. I know assault will be put into the Pro League, so playing that isn't too annoying. However theres NO way the current Assault settings will be used for the pro league, because they're shit. Everyone knows this.

The problem is playing ANYTHING on Riptide or Overgrowth, because those should not and hopefully will not ever be considered for competitive play. Torque is good for slayer and would be good for assault if the settings were fixed. Torque CTF is very debatable. Its almost a good map but is just too damn long to play any OBJ on it seriously. You literally have to slay 4 cycles to cap/plant on that map. 

Point is that I wouldn't mind playing Riptide/Overgrowth if it was just one out of every 10 games. Thats pretty generous IMO. They should at LEAST have a community vote for favorite maps and set weightings based on that. We'd see more Truth, Plaza, Eden, Rig, and Coliseum and far less Regret, Torque, Overgrowth and Empire. We would also see higher weighted gametype/map combos that are good and that people like. No more Empire Strongholds or Regret assault please.

Remove radar.

Make gametypes all 15 minutes with overtime being sudden death

Change respawn times to 5 seconds in slayer 10 in obj.

Remove grenade hitmarkers.

Nerf automatics.

Buff pistol to 4 shot or change to Br starts.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Radar just needs to be removed from competitive settings, and if they ever make a legit HCS Playlist.

Step 1:

Team Arena to conclude only official game type and map combinations .

Step 2:

Remove storm rifle and SMG from this playlist.

Step 3:

Re-balance the pistol vs. rifles. Either buff the pistol or make the rifles harder to shoot with advantages only in long range combat. Remove the assault rifle headshot bonus. 

Step 4:

Improve the hitboxes while thrusting and remove or reduce significantly the melee magnetism and spartan charge magnetism. 

Step 5: 

Consider adding 1-2 forge maps to the rotation and adjust the current maps in forge. Example: Block the maze-area entirely on Coliseum to make sniper side less cluttered and more predictable. 

@@Sal1ent is there a process, official way or someone we need to consult like Ghostayame during H4 settings to make changes if majority want them?

Should we do a survey? What would be the best way bruh bruh?

I think old school players will have more success with no radar.

Smarter players in general will have as much or more success with no radar.

• Upvote (+1) 4