• Weapon Placement
  • Map Tuning
  • Player Traits
  • eSports/Team Arena Map-Gametype Combinations

Current HCS Gametype Rotation:

N19j9KS.png

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Riptide and Overgrowth need to be removed from the playlist ASAP. Everytime either map comes up in Team Arena, the pre-game lobby needs to rotate through 3-6 different players until it finds a combination of 8 people who won't dashboard immediately after seeing one of those come up.
remove radar
Remove sniper from Eden. It's too easy to use and lock down a large portion of the map with.
remove radar
Remove sniper from Rig for the same reason. Not sure why the sniper was even put on this map.
remove radar
Remove either the shotgun, or both of the storm rifles from Empire. Gun skill in Halo has never mattered less than this gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

-Remove SBMM from social playlists. Everytime I try to play with real life friends we match people way better than them. It's not fun for anyone.

-I feel like over 50% of my games are on Pegasus, Overgrowth, or Riptide. There's so many good maps but those are all I play.

Allet I can think of right now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel like when removing radar in competitive it's going to bring in more methodical plays, and pushes. It's going to make people think, and be more aware. Radar really defeats the purpose of being sneaky, and trying to out play the opposition.

Also in the long run it's going to save your thumb.

#SaveTheThumb 

• Upvote (+1) 7

have fun in here, guys! hope each and every one of you gets your way  :ghost:

That's the last straw. I have had ENOUGH OF THESE GOD DAMN MEMES. GET OUT OF THIS THREAD.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Remove radar and spartan charge. Introduce party restrictions. 4sk magnum wouldn't hurt either. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

No hitmarkers on grenades is easily the biggest thing. we've been asking for their removal since halo fucking 4. Knowing whether or not your grenade hits it one of the biggest factors in deciding whether or not to push. Hitmarkers on grenades allow you to get information on the enemy location without actually knowing they were there. You might have a general idea where the opponent is, however that's not enough to make a push. Simply chuck a grenade and if you get no hitmarkers you know he's not there and that side, or you get hitmarkers and know hes on this side and he's weak. It's simply a broken mechanic. 

Radar has no place in competitive arena. Giving you knowledge you don't earn is silly and promotes camping (like literal camping, not just defensive play). 

Thruster should reset your shield charging timer like sprint does. 

Make autos map pickup only. It really stops exciting reversal plays from happening when you're always being sprayed with an auto. There's a chance the guy could miss 3 pistol shots and I can destroy him while no shields. There's no chance he's going to miss a spray from an auto, and since people always have one in their back pocket on spawn, people always take it out to finish one shots. 

and of course, I'm an advocate of removing sprint. It doesn't belong anywhere outside campaign. 

Also remove footstep sounds. It's ridiculous that you have to shimmy in order to move without giving away your location. "sound whoring" has been ridiculous since halo 4. In halo 3 it was bearable because footsteps could only be heard super close, but I might as well be wearing tap dancing shoes in halo 5 5058_2.jpg

edit: I also think the pistol should get some buff. At the very least it needs a bigger ammo clip, but it should be buffed to 4sk (with the same rate of fire, don't pull a halo4 br on us 343).

• Upvote (+1) 7

• Rework the weapon sandbox entirely. Buff the pistol to a 4SK, nerf autos, and reduce bullet magnetism on all weapons(especially the sniper). I would also like to see the weapon sandbox be more diversified because there are too many weapons that share the same roles. To prevent the weapon sandbox from being cluttered with redundant weapons I would like to see weapons have their own unique traits such as quick camo, plasma stun like Halo 1's PR has or a EMP effect that prevents players from using the spartan abilities for a few seconds, and different melee speeds and ranges.

Remove radar(motion tracker) from team arena(HCS).

Put power-ups on 60-90 second static timers for consistency and clarity.

Remove all the spartan abilities and the stabilizer from team arena(HCS).

Remove all of the developer maps(because they're mediocre for competitive play) from team arena(HCS) and replace them with good quality forge maps that complement the competitive settings.

Make sure that the power-ups and weapons placement on the forge maps are ideal for competitive play.

Make sure that all the power items on the forge maps are on frequent static timers so it encourages player movement and discourages player stagnation.

Put the respawn time for team slayer back to 5 seconds and put objective repsawn up to 10 seconds.

Remove grenade hit-markers.

Make it where the weapons pads don't give away your position when picking up an item from it and make it where you can adjust how much ammo a weapon on a weapon pad has with using forge.

Make it where you can carry up to four frag grenades and four plasma grenades. Only suggest doing this if grenade hit-markers get removed.

Make it where you don't de-camo when using a faster base player movement speed than intended.

Increase forward acceleration and strafe acceleration to compensate for the lack of spartan abilities and to make strafing more effective.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

No hitmarkers on grenades is easily the biggest thing. we've been asking for their removal since halo fucking 4. 

ONLY if they remove radar too. Hitmarkers are a good tool to flush campers off corners.

• Upvote (+1) 3

N

Thruster should reset your shield charging timer like sprint does.

Interesting.