ContrxL

Dexter Discussion

I'm with you though on that much, but overall I don't think the writing could get any worse. 

Especially with making Quinn the Bay Harbor Butcher. That is just...smh. Obviously if this is the truth, but it sure seems like it will be.

I dunno, I actually enjoyed last nights episode. Was it Breaking Bad good? No, definitely not, but I liked it. There's some things that were pretty silly that the writers let slip, like why hasn't Hannah tried to disguise herself at all? Why does a Deputy Marshall not know what the most wanted man in Miami/Florida looks like?

Otherwise, for Season 8, which is the worst season of Dexter IMO, I enjoyed it more than the other episodes. I don't really mind the "happy ending" arc with Dexter actually ridding himself, or severely lessening his Dark Passenger, and moving on to live as a family. I know it's not what the majority of watchers have wanted, but watching through the years, you can see he's never wanted to kill, he's just felt like he's had to.

A really big "wtf" moment that I was hoping they would do was manage to get Hannah to be playing with Dexter this whole time, and she ended up becoming the "big bad" because that really why I think Season 8 has sucked so much compared to the others. There wasn't a bad guy Dexter was following until just a few episodes ago with Saxon. I guess the kid could have been, but he was killed off pretty quickly, and we were made to believe that the Brain Surgeon was killed off pretty quickly as well. Another reason I think it's not as good, is because they've introduced so many main characters in the final season, (Vogel, Saxon, the kid that was supposed to be molded into a "code killer") and no one really cared about them at all, and the characters we do love, were not getting much screen time at all.

Either way, I'm excited for next weeks episode, and hoping for a great series finale, because the show has been one of my favorites for a long time now. It hasn't been great, but it hasn't been as poor as a lot of people are making it out to be. Breaking Bad is honestly on a different level of writing right now, and we'll see if they can end the show with a bang and have people love it, because the majority of shows out there, people tend to be upset with the ending.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heads up, Clyde Phillips (Dexter showrunner for seasons 1-4) did a AMA on reddit, he doesn't really like the direction at all and answers a lot of questions. Also he said he will come back and post his ending.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heads up, Clyde Phillips (Dexter showrunner for seasons 1-4) did a AMA on reddit, he doesn't really like the direction at all and answers a lot of questions. Also he said he will come back and post his ending.

Well now I know why my goat show went to the shitter. :(

Somebody mention him and Vince Gilligan doing something together, and he said they are friends but they're doing their own thing. If only...

Okay Season 8, all I'm asking for is a good episode for the finale of your entire show.  

Pretty sad ending imo. Not gonna lie, hit me in the feels, especially since it was the series finale.

Even though it hit rock bottom, I'll still miss the show.

I don't even understand how a TV show could become this badly written. It's like the writers just threw in the towel for no reason. I'm legitimately angry after watching that.

I vote the masuka's daughter storyline as the worst/most pointless subplot in a tv show ever.

Cyren that video is golden.

It makes me sad when I think how excited I was when I caught up to this show during season 4, and it was so good.