ContrxL

Dexter Discussion

Kill him or set him free, but don't cage him. Not the ending I want. 

Agreed. Hate the whole "it was a dream" thing. While not exactly the same thing, it is him "thinking" about it in jail.

Definitely not fan.

This season is really disappointing to me honestly. Deb's character has always annoyed me but this season is has been by far the worst with her 'breaking down' and everything. I don't even know what to say about the bit with Masuka's daughter and the laughing. It was so corny I could barely watch it. I'll probably still keep watching it just because it's the last season I'm never really exited to watch it like I was with the first ~4 seasons.

Yeah I agree, this season hasn't been that exciting yet (first couple of episodes were alright).  Ever since Season 7 Deb has been a big pain in the ass, and in Season 8 it's just on a whole different level.  But based on the next episode's preview, it looks like Dexter is sick of Debra's shit too  B)

Where is Hannah?!  :wub:

I'm pretty sure the show will end with Dexter being declared insane and ending up in an asylum. The introduction of Vogel in this season leads me to believe this. She's worked with Harry in the past and obviously has a connection with him and Dexter. I think at some point during this season she will find out that Dexter has been talking to Harry for many years (at least every season which is at least 10 years since there were some jumps in time between seasons). Eventually Dexter will be found out but if Vogel has this information of him speaking to his dead dad for advice it could prevent him from getting imprisoned/the death penalty. I don't know, I may be way off base but I think that sounds like something that could happen.

The car crash scene was horrible.

Was beyond horrible. I half hoped the show would just prematurely end right there.

Is it just me or is the storyline between Deb and Dexter unbearable to watch.

It not only makes me cringe, it frustrates me that they think this is a good storyline. Who knows? Maybe I will have a different opinion once we get to the end and see what the whole point of all this is.

I'm pretty sure the show will end with Dexter being declared insane and ending up in an asylum. The introduction of Vogel in this season leads me to believe this. She's worked with Harry in the past and obviously has a connection with him and Dexter. I think at some point during this season she will find out that Dexter has been talking to Harry for many years (at least every season which is at least 10 years since there were some jumps in time between seasons). Eventually Dexter will be found out but if Vogel has this information of him speaking to his dead dad for advice it could prevent him from getting imprisoned/the death penalty. I don't know, I may be way off base but I think that sounds like something that could happen.

No way dude. He kills people day in and day out, I don't think she would commit him for talking to imaginary people. If anything I think she would be interested in whether or not that has played a part in keeping Dexter on track as a "good" serial killer. I swear I don't see the fans being satisfied with an institutional ending of any kind. I know I wouldn't.

Considering he has killed plenty of people outside of the code I don't think talking to Harry has exactly kept him on the right track.

Considering he has killed plenty of people outside of the code I don't think talking to Harry has exactly kept him on the right track.

Yeah, but he hasn't strayed from the "good" path in the way a bad person would. He shows a basic sense of humanity even as a Serial killer and that he makes mistakes too, but he knows/knew better and got back on the "good" path. Expecting him to be perfect is hardly reasonable. I think Harry has been his guiding light despite his questionable choices at times, he always comes back to Harry and the "reasonable" side of killing.

Thanks for taking my lucky username :(

Sorry about screwing you over, but first come first serve and all. I really didn't want to have to add a bunch of letters and my name like youtube. 

Sorry about screwing you over, but first come first serve and all. I really didn't want to have to add a bunch of letters and my name like youtube. 

it's all good lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I liked the episode tonight, Dexter actually killed someone!  

Preview looked interesting to say the least, looking forward to the next episode.  

I haven't hated it like I hated 5 and 6, but it definitely hasn't been good.

Anyone have any where to watch this online live...TWC took away my showtime and I really dont want to miss tonights episode ( i know i can watch it later, i would prefer not too)

God damn this season is so inconsistent... real annoying and the plot is pretty shitty. I have no idea where they are headed with this.

some random thoughts about what I think could happen, but highly unlikely imo.

voegul told that kid what to say to dexter if he ever got caught so she could continue with her experiment, not very likely that this would happen though

dexter will use the kid to get to hannah

the kid will get dexter caught or dexter will end up being on the kids table by the end of the season

overall i wish dexter would have killed that kid or gave quinn a lead to catch him.

the hannah thing was so random, but i guess it was to be expected. i thought they would have continued with her directly after the last season.

This season (for being the last one)  has been very anticlimactic and not conclusive at all..six episodes left and all I ever loved from this season was what happened at the end of last night's episode.

The one thing I can say I like so far is we are finally past the shit storyline of deb and dex bs. Good riddance. 

The one thing I can say I like so far is we are finally past the shit storyline of deb and dex bs. Good riddance. 

And now we're back to Dexter/Hannah/Debra! 

I love Hannah, but this season has been disappointing.   

And now we're back to Dexter/Hannah/Debra! 

I love Hannah, but this season has been disappointing.   

Yeah, it's felt super sloppy. This is probably my least favorite season, but I am ready to see how it ends. 

i haven't watched anything after the first episode of season 8 and i probably won't until the whole season is over so i can watch it all in 2 days, i've seen every season. i've been hearing from you guys that this season did not meet it's standards.

Compared to "Real Dexter Quality" what do you rate this season so far?