Alright everyone! During an AmHour discussion tonight, we (Junior) came up with an idea for the future of playlists.

EXAMPLE-You get into the Halo multiplayer and there's a check mark box beside each playlist. You can check all the possible playlists you would want to play and it will pull up the available playlists to vote for.. So, if you and your friends want to play either CTF or Slayer. You can check mark the box beside the CTF playlist and the Slayer playlist. 

Please let us know your opinions on this and if you think it's a good idea. Tweet us your suggestions
@Yahtzee_halo
@JuniorOnTwitch
@TheArsunist
@Bl4ckManInc

Discuss it please :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Will it still be separated ranked/social like H3? Because if so then I think it might be a good Idea.

That was our idea. Have a casual playlist with no rank, and then the other ones with in game ranks.

Awesome idea! They should also bring back party up voting..

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It wouldnt be a bad idea, I just feel like the problem with playlists right now is we have too many.  H2 had the perfect setup and H4 could resemble it.  If you reduce the amount of playlists, there will be more people in each one remaining, my suggestion would be:

Inf Slayer

Big Team Inf Slayer

Team Obj (team skirmish from h2)

Big Team Obj (Big team battle from h2)

Doubles

Throwdown

Rumble Pit

Team Snipes

And then one special playlist thats on a rotation on a weekly/biweekly schedule such as action sack one week, community forge another, griffball the next and so on

Theres no need to have team objective in there but then go and separate it and still have ctf or king or oddball or extraction and everything else in their own separate playlists, (i know all of these arent still separate playlists i just dont remember which ones still are) just make it one playlist and then obviously the voting will determine what you get, which then people would actually vote so they get what they want, and once you vote you'll be locked into the game and we be able to fkn quit pre game..

As far as social and ranked being separated, it doesnt matter at this point for H4, we already have such a small amount of people playing matchmaking that it will only separate the numbers even more and make it take longer to find games.  Just wait until H5/whatever it will be titled and have a fully functional ranking system with visible ranks, appropriate playlist separation, and all the other updates H4 has implemented since launch (4 shot br, 2 shot beat down, etc etc) PLUS remove descope and quitting pre game, and good arena maps on disc and we should have what resembles an actual halo game that could be a big bang and bring halo back to MLG and top of FPS's

Kinda went off topic at the end, but couldnt really help it, it flowed into it  ;)

i think they should combine some of the playlist i.e big time slayer/skirmish also they just need to organize their playlist. rank/social.

It wouldnt be a bad idea, I just feel like the problem with playlists right now is we have too many.  H2 had the perfect setup and H4 could resemble it.  If you reduce the amount of playlists, there will be more people in each one remaining, my suggestion would be:

Inf Slayer

Big Team Inf Slayer

Team Obj (team skirmish from h2)

Big Team Obj (Big team battle from h2)

Doubles

Throwdown

Rumble Pit

Team Snipes

And then one special playlist thats on a rotation on a weekly/biweekly schedule such as action sack one week, community forge another, griffball the next and so on

Theres no need to have team objective in there but then go and separate it and still have ctf or king or oddball or extraction and everything else in their own separate playlists, (i know all of these arent still separate playlists i just dont remember which ones still are) just make it one playlist and then obviously the voting will determine what you get, which then people would actually vote so they get what they want, and once you vote you'll be locked into the game and we be able to fkn quit pre game..

As far as social and ranked being separated, it doesnt matter at this point for H4, we already have such a small amount of people playing matchmaking that it will only separate the numbers even more and make it take longer to find games.  Just wait until H5/whatever it will be titled and have a fully functional ranking system with visible ranks, appropriate playlist separation, and all the other updates H4 has implemented since launch (4 shot br, 2 shot beat down, etc etc) PLUS remove descope and quitting pre game, and good arena maps on disc and we should have what resembles an actual halo game that could be a big bang and bring halo back to MLG and top of FPS's

Kinda went off topic at the end, but couldnt really help it, it flowed into it  ;)

I can understand what you mean, but I believe a lot of the reason certain playlists have low numbers, is because there's a certain gametype in it you don't want to play.

Having this check mark system, would eliminate that. Say I love the OBJ playlist, except for KOTH. I can just check everything expect KOTH without worrying about playing a gametype I don't like. Say there's more people that feel the same as I do, but avoid OBJ all together, simply because they don't like KOTH. This would bring back the people into that playlist, because they wouldn't have to worry about getting something they don't like or don't want to play. It would also speed up matchmaking as well.

We had also thought of an organisation system like Halo Reahc had.

You have a menu for slayer based gametypes, then a sub menu that has Slayer, Swat, Big Team, etc..

Ideal system (perhaps for Halo 5)

Three matchmaking hoppers: Pro, Ranked Social

Pro (no radar)
Doubles Pro (Slayer and Objective)
Team Throwdown (4v4 Slayer and Objective)

Ranked (radar enabled)
Lone Wolves (FFA Slayer and Objective)
Team Doubles (80% Slayer and 20% Objective)
Team Trio (3v3, Slayer and Objective) ***
Team Slayer (4v4, Slayer)
Team Objective (4v4, Objective)
Team Snipers (4v4, Slayer)
Team Swat (4v4, Slayer and Objective)
Big Team Battle (8v8, Slayer and Objective)

Social (radar enabled)
Rumble Pit (FFA Slayer and Objective)
Mutli Team (2v2v2v2)
Social Slayer (5v5 because its social, Slayer)
Social Skirmish (5v5 because its social, Objective)
Social Big Team Battle (8v8, Slayer and Objective)
Action Sack

That is 15+1 playlists.
***If the numbers were really good I think it would be cool to add Team Trio, very often are you 3 people queeing in a 4 mans playlist, would be nice to go 3v3 instead.

Realistic system (Halo 4)

Pro (no radar)

Doubles Pro (Slayer and Objective)

Team Throwdown (4v4, Slayer and Objective)

Ranked (radar enabled)
Lone Wolves (FFA Slayer and Objective)
Team Doubles (2v2, Slayer and Objective)

Team Slayer (4v4, Slayer)
Team Objective (4v4, Objective)

Social (radar enabled)
Multiteam (2v2v2v2)
Social Slayer (5v5)
Big Team Battle (8v8)
Double EXP Action Sack (3 gametypes with the two least popular being swapped bi-weekly)

That is 10 playlists, less then what we have now. Would solve the current cluster fuck.

As for the system proposed. Sure it could be good but at the end of the day if you want to play Slayer and CTF just go in either Team Slayer or Team Objective.
If you wan't to play all Objectives except KotH? Well go in Team Objective and odds are you will only be playing it 10-20% of the time. Seems like a fair compromise and who knows maybe by being exposed to KotH and playing it you might actually enjoy it?

Exposure is key, enough with these picky kids not wanting to eat their brussel sprouts...

Its a bit late but

Playlist

*HARDCORE*

- 4 vs 4

- 2 vs 2

- Head To Head

- FFA

*RUMBLE PIT*

*DOUBLE TEAM*

*TEAM SLAYER*

*BIG TEAM BATTLE*

*TEAM SNIPERS*

*SWAT*

*TEAM SKIRMISH*

No more, no less, perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its a bit late but

Playlist

*HARDCORE*

- 4 vs 4

- 2 vs 2

- Head To Head

- FFA

*RUMBLE PIT*

*DOUBLE TEAM*

*TEAM SLAYER*

*BIG TEAM BATTLE*

*TEAM SNIPERS*

*SWAT*

*TEAM SKIRMISH*

No more, no less, perfect.

The problem is you need to include a social hopper for people playing with guests. Not everything can be ranked because people wish to play without the fear of deranking.

The problem is you need to include a social hopper for people playing with guests. Not everything can be ranked because people wish to play without the fear of deranking.

IMO a social hoppper should be everything except the Hardcore Playlist, a visible fully working ranking system should only be implemented into the Hardcore Playlist and make the level 50 the hardest 50 to ever get to, also a punishment in level decrease for quitters.

bf3_serverfilter_cqa.jpg

Such a great system to search matchmaking! So after posting this image, how do you think this would do in the next Halo title?

Such a great system to search matchmaking! So after posting this image, how do you think this would do in the next Halo title?

IF we can get 343i to see it, who knows :)

I don't feel its necessary. Could be a good replacement to a social hopper that is about it.

Social:

Social Slayer 

Big Team Battle

Rumble Pit

Griffball

Infection

Invasion??

Team Snipers

Swat

Ranked:

Team Slayer

Lone Wolves 

MLG

Team Doubles

This would make matchmaking so much better if you could select the gametype and/or map you want to play, and as far as playlist organization I think halo 3 did it perfectly.