Dar

Who is your favorite Halo Pro?

I've never understood the naded love to be honest. I'm not saying that to cause arguments or to trash opinions - I'm just genuinely curious.

He's the only pro to me that is so consistently inconsistent - sometimes he has really good plays but I see SO many games/stats where hes goosed, dropped neg bombs, etc. I've been watching pro gameplay since 05/06 and noticed this even when I was young.

At X-games he dropped a few neg bombs even when his team were all highly positive. He's done similar things in past events and online. I'm NOT the only person to notice this because we see pro's joking about his consistent choking/not "showing" for tourneys, thorwing chairs, yata yata. Ratio doesn't mean much but getting ~5 kills in a game in multiple tourney matches is an obvious red flag.

The last thing that makes me question his following is - and I hate to say it - hes never won an event in over ten years of playing at such a high level. Yes, there are other factos, getting screwed team-wise, or just not having the stars aligned when needed, etc. but come on. Ten years. 

I seriously hope I don't get negged because I'm NOT saying he is  BAD player at all, just seriously wanting people to explain to me exactly what makes him a fan favourite. I promise I'm not being shit.

A ton of it comes from him grinding his streams over the years, including the dark days when very few other people were streaming Halo consistently,

All time would be Walshy, Naded, Strongside, Zyos(just for the nostalgia), Pistola and Legend

• Upvote (+1) 1

ItWasLuck and ShookOn3.

Pretty sure I watched all of their montages like 10 times.

Edit: Oh and ShookOne3's teammate VeGeTTo. The dude was the GOAT on Midship haha

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's got a dope personality.

iuqdZ3N.gif

Someone doesn't need to win tournaments to have fans - just look at the sudds.

Agreed on that point Moa.

Never meant to imply that he wasn't good, just not consistent. 

As far as personality I've seen a lot of negatives from his personality like a lack of sportsmanship (especially during recent online tournies) and severe anger/outbursts (Chair)

Faves are

Walshy - great storyline, legacy, personality, still doing lots for the community, and he pioneered competitive Halo and defined all three OG games. Halo CE: Defined the game. Period. Walshy IS Halo CE. He dominated in H2 and was the mastermind behind the greatest Halo team of all time. In H3, he held the greatest comeback story in the scene. Now hes an awesome caster/streamer and so much more. What the fuck else do I need to say.The list goes on and on.

Runner up, Snip3down - Great personality/sportsmanship, consistent, has a hugely positive effect on the game, seems to genuinely love competition and playing over just fame/money etc. Not to mention hes decent ;)

My opinions are fanboy yeah, but you can't deny their greatness for Halo as a whole.

Ogre 2, Walshy, T2, Snip3down. I don't really have any one favorite pro.

If I had to choose who would be my all time favorite community member from Halo it would be Kampy.

My current favorite pros would be :lxthul: followed by Lunchbox, Roy, and Naded. 

Of all time though :walshy: easily takes the cake. #DrugsHookersAndDrugsForTheHookers

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy. During the first event I ever watched (one of the 2009 ones where Neighbor was on Instinct), I randomly picked Instinct to cheer for and it went from there. As a result my favorite players ended up being Roy and Lunchbox. Roy is more engaging and active with the fanbase than Box is so naturally I gravitate more towards him as my "favorite pro" but I see them as equal players, maybe even a slight edge to Lunch.

Snip3down for entertainment value, Ogre 2 for his competitive drive.

A ton of it comes from him grinding his streams over the years, including the dark days when very few other people were streaming Halo consistently,

Yeah I remember he was the only consistent streamer for a while. But now he NEVER streams. I get he's busy, but so is every other pro and they still stream.

H2 - Karma, Walshy, Neighbor and Strongside

H3 - Neighbor, Walshy, SK, Perplexity (He was actually amazing) and Roy

Reach - Formal, Mikwen and Pistola

Overall I'd have to say Walshy and/or Neighbor. Runner up would have to be Strongside, I've always loved watching him. I just wish he would have done more during the H3 seasons, I almost feel like he wasn't trying to get on good teams.

I've never understood the naded love to be honest. I'm not saying that to cause arguments or to trash opinions - I'm just genuinely curious.

He's the only pro to me that is so consistently inconsistent - sometimes he has really good plays but I see SO many games/stats where hes goosed, dropped neg bombs, etc. I've been watching pro gameplay since 05/06 and noticed this even when I was young.

At X-games he dropped a few neg bombs even when his team were all highly positive. He's done similar things in past events and online. I'm NOT the only person to notice this because we see pro's joking about his consistent choking/not "showing" for tourneys, thorwing chairs, yata yata. Ratio doesn't mean much but getting ~5 kills in a game in multiple tourney matches is an obvious red flag.

The last thing that makes me question his following is - and I hate to say it - hes never won an event in over ten years of playing at such a high level. Yes, there are other factos, getting screwed team-wise, or just not having the stars aligned when needed, etc. but come on. Ten years. 

I seriously hope I don't get negged because I'm NOT saying he is  BAD player at all, just seriously wanting people to explain to me exactly what makes him a fan favourite. I promise I'm not being shit.

He's fun to watch. simple as that. Lets spin this to super smash bros. Outside of 6 players, no 1 has won a major tournament in years. Are you saying that everyone below the top 6 doesn't deserve fans? Hell the fact he hasn't won probably helps him get more fans than if he has won one. People love to be on the journey. Naded is one of the best Crowd pleasures we have in the Halo community

Thread isn't "Who is the best pro at halo". It's favorite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had a different favourite for almost every Halo. (Didn't really pay enough attention to H4 or H2A)

CE - KillerN

H2 - Walshy

H3 - Pistola

HR - Roy

H5 - Lethul

• Upvote (+1) 2