Dar

Who is your favorite Halo Pro?

I have a Snip3down fan since he went to Str8 Rippin. Been a Naded fan since I realized how crazy and good he was at . I also love Legit, even if he does not play anymore. 

It's strange but my favourites were Zyos and T2.

Now...don't really have one. Kinda got to stay unbiased in my position. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we're talking current, active pro players - Snipedown. I was a fan of his from the get go in 2008 just like many others - and it's crazy to think back on how I've grown up watching him and seeing the person he is now from the kid who came out of the woodwork living the dream of so many MLG Halo fans and players at the time. He is definitely a guy who realizes how lucky he has been in his years, and continues to not take it for granted. You don't get to see that genuine side of many pro players - everyone is different - so it's definitely nice to see someone who realizes the position they are in/have been in and not take it for granted. 

Honorary mention would be StrongSide. Another guy who didn't take his time as a pro player for granted - was always giving back to the fans, even as a younger player in his early days. Just an all around, genuine nice guy. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honorary mention would be StrongSide. Another guy who didn't take his time as a pro player for granted - was always giving back to the fans, even as a younger player in his early days. Just an all around, genuine nice guy. 

First person to find the old Strongside over-the-phone shit talk video gets infinite upvotes from me

Back when I first started watching back during H3, StrongSide was my favorite.  Then he left FB and started up Status Quo and never really placed very high so I kind of following more FB and always had a lot of respect for Ogre 2. 

Watched a bit during Reach and continued to support Ogre 2 and Pistola.  

Stopped watching during H4 and only just came back for the X Games.  Saw Ogre 2 was dropped and kept up with the scene a little bit and saw that Snip3down has always been super supportive of the franchise even during its darkest days.  Was never really a huge fan of his until he showed how dedicated he was to Halo. Now, he's one of my favorites.

Couldn't pick just one as I'm not that hardcore dedicated to the competitive scene.  My favorites would be Pistola, Ogre 2 and Snipedown. 

Fav curret Halo pro? I'd say prolly 2gre, Snipedown or Mikwen. Honorable mentions Frosty, and the Roy/Lunchbox duo...and Ninja cuz it's just Ninja. 

I've never understood the naded love to be honest. I'm not saying that to cause arguments or to trash opinions - I'm just genuinely curious.

He's the only pro to me that is so consistently inconsistent - sometimes he has really good plays but I see SO many games/stats where hes goosed, dropped neg bombs, etc. I've been watching pro gameplay since 05/06 and noticed this even when I was young.

At X-games he dropped a few neg bombs even when his team were all highly positive. He's done similar things in past events and online. I'm NOT the only person to notice this because we see pro's joking about his consistent choking/not "showing" for tourneys, thorwing chairs, yata yata. Ratio doesn't mean much but getting ~5 kills in a game in multiple tourney matches is an obvious red flag.

The last thing that makes me question his following is - and I hate to say it - hes never won an event in over ten years of playing at such a high level. Yes, there are other factos, getting screwed team-wise, or just not having the stars aligned when needed, etc. but come on. Ten years. 

I seriously hope I don't get negged because I'm NOT saying he is  BAD player at all, just seriously wanting people to explain to me exactly what makes him a fan favourite. I promise I'm not being shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never understood the naded love to be honest. I'm not saying that to cause arguments or to trash opinions - I'm just genuinely curious.

He's the only pro to me that is so consistently inconsistent - sometimes he has really good plays but I see SO many games/stats where hes goosed, dropped neg bombs, etc. I've been watching pro gameplay since 05/06 and noticed this even when I was young.

At X-games he dropped a few neg bombs even when his team were all highly positive. He's done similar things in past events and online. I'm NOT the only person to notice this because we see pro's joking about his consistent choking/not "showing" for tourneys, thorwing chairs, yata yata. Ratio doesn't mean much but getting ~5 kills in a game in multiple tourney matches is an obvious red flag.

The last thing that makes me question his following is - and I hate to say it - hes never won an event in over ten years of playing at such a high level. Yes, there are other factos, getting screwed team-wise, or just not having the stars aligned when needed, etc. but come on. Ten years. 

I seriously hope I don't get negged because I'm NOT saying he is  BAD player at all, just seriously wanting people to explain to me exactly what makes him a fan favourite. I promise I'm not being shit.

He's got a dope personality.

iuqdZ3N.gif

Someone doesn't need to win tournaments to have fans - just look at the sudds.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1