Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Halo 4 is Top-Selling Microsoft Studios Game of All Time in the U.S.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-halo-4-top-seller

Exciting news for the Halo team at 343 Industries and Microsoft Studios – critically acclaimed, “Halo 4” is now the best-selling Microsoft Studios title ever in the U.S. market*, surpassing its predecessor, “Halo 3” for sales during each respective launch year.

In “Halo 4” the Master Chief returned to battle an ancient evil bent on vengeance and annihilation. You are immersed in “Halo 4’s” graphics, sound and epic game play as you are shipwrecked on a mysterious world, faced with new enemies, deadly technology, and a universe that will never be the same. You can enlist aboard the UNSC Infinity to experience Halo's original multiplayer and Spartan Ops - innovative episodic fiction-based co-op missions.

If you haven’t experienced “Halo 4” yet, you can find out more here. Congrats to the team at 343 Industries and Microsoft Studios!

Halo 4 was selling for $15 on Sears a few weeks ago, BRAND NEW. That's less than a year in. I'm pretty no other Halo can make that claim either.

Just to clarify: I enjoy Halo 4 now, but I don't think its multiplayer was a success compared to past titles.

That is because everyone bought HOPE. Been buying hope for the past 2 games -.-  

After having them remove sprint and bloom along with all the THC shows (Those early ones with ghandi and dmaq) i was stoked for H4. 

Alas, even with the recent changes i can only enjoy watching the events. If i hop on the xbox its to play Blops2.....

Shows how bad it is really - biggest seller, lowest population.

Cue the comments about how MS got what they wanted with Halo 4, it sold because it has sprint, terrible menu system and other wildly huge gameplay flaws etc, and these sales have nothing to do with the huge marketing budget Halo 4 received in comparison with previous games...

In the United States, in the respective time frame. Halo 3 still sold better worldwide I believe.
Halo Xbox One will probably sell a lot less (smaller install base on the Xbone, cannot ride on the hype of a sequel to Halo 3 and return of the Chief anymore).

Shows how bad it is really - biggest seller, lowest population.

I know a lot of people consider H1 to be the best halo, but how high was its population? just wondering

Best Halo evar!!!!1!!

Just look at those sales figures. :kappa:

The sad thing is, Micro£oft will probably see this poorly designed game as a success 

I know a lot of people consider H1 to be the best halo, but how high was its population? just wondering

Genuinely not sure if you're being sarcastic there...but I can't see what point you'd be trying to imply, so maybe you're not. Apologies if you're not. Halo 1 wasn't on Xbox Live. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some people just play it for the story. ;b

True, but this is the game that broke sales for all Halo games in the US and then it has the worst population by a mile. Says a lot about the game in general.

Is there a statistic for the most drastic population drop in a video game?

iirc aliens colonial marines population dropped by about 90% within the first month, thats the biggest drop I've heard as of late.

Some people just play it for the story. ;b

people forget thats why most people got into halo in the first place.

as for halo 4 being the top selling MS game in the US I'm not surprised.

casuals love it, fans hate it, and we love to hate it.