Sign in to follow this  
giobernard

Your controller, button layout and yes claw/no claw?

Xbox One Elite Controller

Bumper Jumper

Sens - 5

Aim Accel. - 5

Inner & Outer Deadzone - 0%

No vibration

No Claw

Upper Left paddle = X = Boost

I saw Neighbor tweet

4 sens

1 aim accel.

0% inner

12% outer

guessing this is for "slow" controllers?

Standard Xbox One controller or Armed Forces green camo controller

Recon. Makes it easier to crouch and fire than the Halo 4 and default layout.

No claw...tried it and I hated it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Standard controller

Recon

No claw

4 sens, 2 accel, 0 in zones 

I like to keep my buttons as close to my H2 layout as i can. It's just too much muscle memory to forget, for me...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have an elite Xbox One Controller, I don't use claw, and I play on a highly modified bumper jumper.

LB- Jump

LT- Zoom

RB- Melee

RT- Shoot

The face buttons aren't used, although sometimes I use Y to switch weapons.

LS- Crouch

RS- Switch Weapon

Left Top Paddle- Sprint

Left Bottom Paddle- Reload

Right Top Paddle- Grenades

Right Bottom Paddle- Thrust

Sublime.

I have an elite Xbox One Controller, I don't use claw, and I play on a highly modified bumper jumper.

LB- Jump

LT- Zoom

RB- Melee

RT- Shoot

The face buttons aren't used, although sometimes I use Y to switch weapons.

LS- Crouch

RS- Switch Weapon

Left Top Paddle- Sprint

Left Bottom Paddle- Reload

Right Top Paddle- Grenades

Right Bottom Paddle- Thrust

Sublime.

To zoom do you have to hold the left trigger?

- The new normal Xbox Controller (not the Elite).

- Helljumper - Made the switch from Bumper Jumper myself. I don't have a problem jumping and aiming, I can switch pretty much instantaneously if I need to stabilize or something.

- No claw.

Helljumper is probably my favorite thing to come from this game.

Controller: Scuf Infinity one

Button Layout: Recon

Sensitivity: 4 sens 4 acceleration

No claw

Going to attempt switching to bumper jumper after G4G;)

Yes, why do you ask.?

Because you don't have to with the stick?. Maybe it just changes with you remapping it I play bumper jumper but with it on my upper right paddle you see.

I have a somewhat unique button layout.

I have Bumper Jumper, do not claw. The difference is with the xbox accesssories thing I made my RB and X buttons switch. This makes it so I can have Thruster on RB and melee on X. Reason I think this is really good (my friends disagree but i like it) is that I cna use Thruster without ever leaving my right stick which I think is a good positive. My melee is a face button but I think the pros outweigh the cons for this set up imo

Battle Beavers Customs Controller (cheaper scuf basically). 

Halo 4 Controls

4 sens

3 acc

0/0 deadzone

auto stabilize off

No to clawing. 

can someone tell me how they managed to get used to claw? 

Also, is it easier aiming once you do, or is it mostly for other benefits?

I've tried making the switch twice, and it just felt so alien in my hands.

can someone tell me how they managed to get used to claw? 

Also, is it easier aiming once you do, or is it mostly for other benefits?

I've tried making the switch twice, and it just felt so alien in my hands.

I think transitioning to claw depends on your default grip.  My normal grip already has my index on the bumper and middle finger on the trigger anyway, so sliding my index back a bit to hit face buttons isn't a big deal.  I just made the transition last week after playing with the "Xbox Accessories" app for the last 2 months to try to get a standard controller to work well enough.  at one point i was swapping both triggers and bumpers and 2 face buttons.  Eventually i said "Fuck it" and decided to keep it simple.  Switched back to default bumper jumper and started clawing the face buttons (mostly X and Y right now, but trying to learn to do it for all of them).

Current settings are:

Bumper Jumper (might try helljumper since i already use 2 fingers for the triggers and bumpers and clawing is not as difficult as i thought it would be)

Claw: Yes

Sense: 3

Accel: 4

Inner Dead: 4 (I noticed i had slight controller drift up when resting my thumb on the stick, this also seems to help with inadvertent movement from clawing but isn't enough to really "feel")

Outer dead: 0

Also, can we standardize controller setting shorthand to:

Sense/Accle/Inner/outer.  writing 3/4/4/0 is a lot quicker than what i wrote above!

I think transitioning to claw depends on your default grip.  My normal grip already has my index on the bumper and middle finger on the trigger anyway, so sliding my index back a bit to hit face buttons isn't a big deal.  

Yeah, I'd imagine it'd be an easier transition if you already did that.

Also, I've seen people say stuff about the "Xbox Accessories" app, but I thought it was just for Elite controllers. Is there a way for me to re-program my default xbox controller?!

edit: nevermind, I guess I can just re-map buttons. I don't know what I was hoping for, but I'm disappointed anyways

Yeah, I'd imagine it'd be an easier transition if you already did that.

Also, I've seen people say stuff about the "Xbox Accessories" app, but I thought it was just for Elite controllers. Is there a way for me to re-program my default xbox controller?!

edit: nevermind, I guess I can just re-map buttons. I don't know what I was hoping for, but I'm disappointed anyways

Yeah, the app works OK but you can't remap triggers to buttons or stick presses like you can with the Elite, just swap them.  And its not snappable.  And you cant store profiles for non-elite controllers.  Thats part of the reason i decided to try clawing.  It was becoming a real pain in the ass to remap my buttons, then undo it when i wanted to do anything else.

I have Bumper Jumper, do not claw. The difference is with the xbox accesssories thing I made my RB and X buttons switch. This makes it so I can have Thruster on RB and melee on X. Reason I think this is really good (my friends disagree but i like it) is that I cna use Thruster without ever leaving my right stick which I think is a good positive. My melee is a face button but I think the pros outweigh the cons for this set up imo

I was doing this for a while but found that it was too hard to be aggressive with melee's in CQB situations.  I switched back to default and are clawing now which is much better imo.

huh... I suppose everyone is different, but I don't get how this is beneficial. Melee is something you need to be able to do while still aiming with the right stick. Thrusters cause a delay in you being able to fire, so you'd have some time where aiming isn't necessary..

Scuf controller, left paddle jump, right paddle crouch

Halo 4 layout

No claw

Just got my scuf yesterday so still trying to adjust

Mine similar to yours except I use 

Elite Controller, left paddle crouch, right paddle jump

Halo 4 Layout

No claw

I have my secondary profile set at:

Default settings, left paddle crouch, right paddle jump

Im trying to get used to LT zoom, but when I get in to sweaty matches I always end up switching back to RS zoom.

Hell Jumper

-Jump on left stick click

-Crouch on LB

4 sensitivity 1 aim acceleration 0 deadzones

Do you guys generally think it's more effective to smart-link zoom with the right analog stick or the left trigger?

LT is better IMO.

I use a battlebeaver controller. with 4 buttons on the back and smart triggers (basically turned teh triggers into buttons)

green thumb layout (seems to be the default in a lot of other games like cod destiny battlefront so i just got use to it. zooming with trigger is awesome imo)

i have been clawing since halo 2 but recently stopped. my aim was fine in every other game besides halo 5, and than halo 5 just crushed me so i wanted to make a change and go back to holding the controller normal to see if it would help. Ill probably never claw again as long as i have buttons on the back. but clawing def >  holding controller normal on a regular xb1 controller. 

4 sensitivity

4 acceleration

0 deadzones

I change my sens and accel ALL the time though. im anywhere in the range from 2sens to 7 sens depending on what im in the mood for lol. i just play for fun and if im going for crazy montage stuff i find higher sens better for sniping/railgun/ 180 ninjas etc. 4/4 is my tryhard settings though when im trying to climb the ranks to get champion.