Sign in to follow this  
giobernard

Your controller, button layout and yes claw/no claw?

Default Xbox One controller

Helljumper (Switched from Bumper Jumper)

No claw (although I'm thinking about teaching myself)

What do you guys use?

Also, Helljumper vs Bumper Jumper pros and cons?

Default Xbox One controller

Helljumper (Switched from Bumper Jumper)

No claw (although I'm thinking about teaching myself)

What do you guys use?

Also, Helljumper vs Bumper Jumper pros and cons?

Helljumper doesn't let you scope in and jump without using 2 fingers for LB and LT.

Bump jump has right stick scope which is less accurate than LT.

I personally like bump jump better because of the jumping and aiming. I also use scuf with left paddle thrust and right paddle sprint.

Helljumper doesn't let you scope in and jump without using 2 fingers for LB and LT.

I personally like bump jump better because of the jumping and aiming. I also use scuf with left paddle thrust and right paddle sprint.

Oh, I was under the impression that most ppl used two fingers on each bumper/trigger. Therefore, yeah it's easy for me to aim and jump with Helljumper

Oh, I was under the impression that most ppl used two fingers on each bumper/trigger. Therefore, yeah it's easy for me to aim and jump with Helljumper

Damn I wish I had learned like that. Yea then Helljumper is definitely the way to go.

Scuf controller, left paddle jump, right paddle crouch

Halo 4 layout

No claw

Just got my scuf yesterday so still trying to adjust

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I learned to do that from day one. When I try to do it I feel like I can't control my sticks at all, have no grip on my controller or anything haha.

I play helljumper with crouch on LB and jump on left stick click. It's kinda weird but I'm getting used to it.

Normal Controller

Play on Fishstick. (I used to play bumper jumper but the controls made no sense for me in H5)

No claw.

Recently switched from Bumper Jumper to Helljumper with a standard Xbox controller. I find left trigger zoom is faster and more accurate than the right stick.

I only use one finger for jump and zoom. I rest my index finger across the bumper so I can jump while zoomed it. But I may try it with 2 fingers.

Btw, someone needs to make 2 polls with all the controller layouts, one with a default controller and one for scuf/elite. I would be interested the results.

Recently switched from Bumper Jumper to Helljumper with a standard Xbox controller. I find left trigger zoom is faster and more accurate than the right stick.

I only use one finger for jump and zoom. I rest my index finger across the bumper so I can jump while zoomed it. But I may try it with 2 fingers.

Btw, someone needs to make 2 polls with all the controller layouts, one with a default controller and one for scuf/elite. I would be interested the results.

I like helljumper, but i do not like the panic melee that occurs when in intense situations. Recently got this game and played bumper since h3. Is there any way to prevent accidental melee other then learning to not press the stick too hard? lol

I like helljumper, but i do not like the panic melee that occurs when in intense situations. Recently got this game and played bumper since h3. Is there any way to prevent accidental melee other then learning to not press the stick too hard? lol

you could try turning on clench protection in the settings. I have no idea if that will help or not in this case.

Personally, I preferred melee on RB, but it may feel weird to remap grenades to right stick click

Edit: there are too many god damn important buttons needed with Halo 5. Almost need 4 bumpers. Ah, how I miss the simpler days.

Elite Controller

Default controls, Jump & Thrust on paddles

I like the ease of ADS with LT and I was never one to play with a finger on both bumper and trigger. Still getting used to playing with paddles. 

Normal Controller

Bumper Jumper

Very slight claw, with my index finger over Y and B. 

Back on Reach I used to play Recon so I could use the JetPack with RB instead of X, which meant I clawed over the A, Y and B all with my index finger, but it was a bit uncomfortable, ended up getting a callous.

If you have money to spare buy a scuf with paddles, would definitely recommend it over clawing, it is much more comfortable

Elite, bumper jumper. 2 paddles, thrust left and reload right (made sense in my mind since "b" is reload and on the right, and "X" is thrust and on the left).

No claw, I'm too damn old.

Elite

Bumper Jumper

No Claw (I don't find it worth it for any game except Halo 2)

Scuf controller, left paddle jump, right paddle crouch

Halo 4 layout

No claw

Just got my scuf yesterday so still trying to adjust

I'm running the same exact thing except it's an Elite Controller and have been loving it.

I've clawed for almost 10 years now and it felt very awkward going back to holding a controller normally. Interestingly enough, my hands hurt every night for like the first week going back from the claw.