Sign in to follow this  
giobernard

Why do most pros play with vibration off?

I find it distracting, especially after playing without it so long.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were mostly a mental thing for most players though.

A lot of people find it distracting and it really throws them off. Like during the H5 beta for example, there wasn't an option to turn vibration off and I hated it so much I actually opened up my controller and disabled the vibration myself permanently via scissors. My shot instantly improved. And if you don't have a wired controller, it's a huge drain on battery life.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used to play with it off on the original xbox with H2, but with the 360/H3 I guess I ended up forgetting to turn it off when I first got H3/the 360 and just got used to it. I also used a wireless controller for the most part of the 360s lifespan and when the vibration quit working I knew the batteries in my controller were close to dead, so I'd change them lol.

I used to find having it on distracting, then having it off after I got used to it being on was really foreign and I didn't like it. I don't know, its a personal preference thing.

I cant speak for anyone else but I've never used vibration.  I remember playing a game on the 360 where you didn't have the option to turn it off so I opened my controller and took out the vibration packs.  It made the controller a bit lighter as well, which was nice.

It throws my off when my controller is moving on its own.

I played fine with vibration during h2.  But I heard about some of the top tier guys turning it off so i made a one month just to get used to it, idk if it improved my game, bu it felt a lot better in sticky situations.  Haven't used it since, turn it off for most games if I can.  I don't find it as a distraction, just unneeded.  Agreed that it does drain the fuck out of your controller batteries.  

I play with it on and I have absolutely no issues with it. Hell, 99% of the time I do not even notice it.

Same here

For me personally I have a very twitchy shot. Vibration threw my shot off and made me miss more shots.

Friend of mine is the other end. He shoots better with vibration.

When I play with it off it feel's funny to me. I'm used to having it on, no matter what game I play. I will try turning it off though.