halo 5 season 2 settings

5 sec slayer respawns

10 sec obj respawns

Add in oddball and assault

15 mins gametypes with 15 min over time period

Remove regret

Sandbox tuning update or remove automatics

Remove radar

If that floats your boat then good on you dude. I disagree with it and that's that.

This has been my boat for the past six or seven years (at least).

History_Speeches_6001_Titanic_Survivor_E

I assure you, it is not being "floated".

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll probably get neg rep'd to hell, but I think radar should stay. Just adjust it so it only shows people sprinting and shooting.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good. Most of the maps are terrible anyway.

Why are they terrible? In detail please...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll probably get neg rep'd to hell, but I think radar should stay. Just adjust it so it only shows people sprinting and shooting.

Thats not a bad idea, but if it's going to show people sprinting it needs a wider range. Because at 18m a person will span the gap between the edge of your radar and you before you even notice. I still prefer no radar at all though.

The game could be so hard and competitive if they adjusted some of the settings

Yea like magnetism on every weapon by a great deal.

I can't imagine this would even be too difficult to do. There's an armour mod in Warzone that does this. There might even be a custom option, I forget.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think removing radar (or using @Mr coLeK idea and having only players using Spartan abilities show up), rebalancing autos, and decreasing bullet magnetism would be a huge step in the right direction.

It'd be nice if they did a season 2 "beta" playlist switching up settings for each week similar to how the Halo 5 beta did with starting weapons(to clarify HCS should be AR pistol starts still). Then they could do one of their polls/feedback emails sent out and gather data that way. Might also be a good idea to poll the pros seperately since they are who the settings effect the most.

Just a few ideas I've been thinking about. Excited to see what's in Halos future for once.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think removing radar (or using @Mr coLeK idea and having only players using Spartan abilities show up), rebalancing autos, and decreasing bullet magnetism would be a huge step in the right direction.

It'd be nice if they did a season 2 "beta" playlist switching up settings for each week similar to how the Halo 5 beta did with starting weapons(to clarify HCS should be AR pistol starts still). Then they could do one of their polls/feedback emails sent out and gather data that way. Might also be a good idea to poll the pros seperately since they are who the settings effect the most.

Just a few ideas I've been thinking about. Excited to see what's in Halos future for once.

I like that idea. If you think about how other persistent games operate (think Smite for example) the initial release is not the "finished product" I would really like for Halo to adopt that MOBA perspective of consistent balancing to keep the community engaged. 

The advantage that MOBA's have are the inclusions of new champions thus adding to the variety. If they were to add another weapon to the Halo sandbox people would jump off a cliff. Kappa.

That's a good idea though.

I like that idea. If you think about how other persistent games operate (think Smite for example) the initial release is not the "finished product" I would really like for Halo to adopt that MOBA perspective of consistent balancing to keep the community engaged. 

I don't mind console games having an ongoing style like PC, but Smite and MOBA games are also F2P and they're not mixing words. Console devs give the illusion sometimes that people will get finished polished product, and for the last couple years it's been anything but that...yet they still want that sweet sweet $60 cash deposit upfront. That's prolly why people get angry when it happens on console, or why people don't wanna wait around for their game to release. 

I don't mind console games having an ongoing style like PC, but Smite and MOBA games are also F2P and they're not mixing words. Console devs give the illusion sometimes that people will get finished polished product, and for the last couple years it's been anything but that...yet they still want that sweet sweet $60 cash deposit upfront. That's prolly why people get angry when it happens on console, or why people don't wanna wait around for their game to release. 

100% agree. I think there needs to be a change in philosophy for how console devs approach the distribution and model process but that will take a looooooooong time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Radar needs to go, no exuse. Breakout and Swat have no radar and the community still plays it. Heck once upon a time breakout was in the settings, shattering any notion of keeping competitive settings close to default . And of course a sandbox rebalancing is in order.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Remove or nerf radar (I like nerfing better but that would be even more of an issue with pro/casual setting parity)
  • Assault or Oddball (IF they are good... they might not work well in H5, won't know until we try it. Would also like to see Extraction)
  • Move some stuff around to make Rig starts less lopsided
  • Nerf AR to have a slightly longer ttk than pistol (Slightly! Reward skilled pistol use but don't completely change the sandbox)
  • Nerf storm rifle health damage, 2-4 more projectiles to kill
  • A couple more good maps wouldn't hurt (Overgrowth could be good for Extraction, Riptide could be viable with a total rethink re: weapons and weapon placement)
  • Empire CTF to 5 caps maybe?

I don't get the Regret hate. It's the hardest Slayer map to play, and takes way more coordination to play. The meta is a lot more interesting than "just hold the setup" and the battles for OS are really exciting to watch.

Why would we want shoulder charge removed? It's one of the riskiest moves in the game. I rarely see pros use it offensively, it wouldn't surprise me if it has less overall kills in HCS than anything besides the suppressor. When I do see it, it's as a second thrust during jumps. I'm also confused about wanting railgun and weapon pads out. I understand saying the sniper is too easy, but the railgun takes tons of skill and doesn't spawn with much ammo. Weapon pads... uhhhh?

No offense to anybody, but the nostalgia is ridiculous. I loved H2 and H3 too, but I'm glad H5 is it's own thing. I haven't heard a single pro complain about spartan abilities, respawn times, or no BR starts. Also, I would really like to hear why so many people hate the maps. Sure there could be a little more visual variety, but in my opinion I think they're great. 343 put a lot more thought and effort in to making the maps competitive than Bungie ever did and it shows. I think it was Walshy that pointed out that H3 had like 2 maps that were competitive ready at launch, and the rest had to be fixed in forge. The game isn't perfect but let's not act like it has no skill gap just because it's different.

Every time I read something like "take out sprint" or "we want H2 BR starts" I cry.

To all the people that are advocating to keep radar(motion tracker) on and other stuff that are detrimental to the competitive settings, please do us all a big favor and kindly FUCK OFF! We shouldn't be settling for less and compromising the competitive merit/integrity of Halo 5, our main priority should be making the settings more ideal for competitive play.

That being said the changes that I would suggest for us to be advocating for are:

• Reworking the weapon sandbox entirely. Buff the pistol to a 4SK, nerf autos, and reduce bullet magnetism on all weapons(especially the sniper). I would also like to see the weapon sandbox be more diversified because there are too many weapons that share the same roles. To prevent the weapon sandbox from being cluttered with redundant weapons I would like to see weapons have their own unique traits such as quick camo, plasma stun like Halo 1's PR has or a EMP effect that prevents players from using the spartan abilities for a few seconds, and different melee speeds and ranges.
  • Remove radar(motion tracker) for obvious reasons.
  • Put power-ups on 60-90 second static timers for consistency and clarity.
  • Remove all the spartan abilities and the stabilizer for obvious reasons.
  • Remove all of the developer maps(because they're mediocre for competitive play) and replace them with good quality forge maps that complement the competitive settings.
  • Make sure that the power-ups and weapons placement on the forge maps are ideal for competitive play.
  • Make sure that all the power items on the forge maps are on frequent static timers so it encourages player movement and discourages player stagnation.
  • Put the respawn time for team slayer back to 5 seconds and put objective repsawn up to 10 seconds.
  • Remove grenade hit-markers.
  • Make it where the weapons pads don't give away your position when picking up an item from it and make it where you can adjust how much ammo a weapon on a weapon pad has with using forge.
  • Make it where you can carry up to four frag grenades and four plasma grenades.(Only suggest doing this if grenade hit-markers get removed.)
  • Make it where you don't de-camo when using a faster base player movement speed than intended.
  • Increase forward acceleration and strafe acceleration to compensate for the lack of spartan abilities and to make strafing more effective.
To the people that are going to say that buffing the pistol to a 4SK would ruin the balance of the weapon sandbox please click on these two links and read them.

Every time I read something like "take out sprint" or "we want H2 BR starts" I cry.

That's cute, please realize that the spartan abilities don't add anything to the competitive merit of Halo 5. Also please realize that the pistol in Halo 5 isn't an ideal utility weapon because it's under-powered in relation to how difficult it is to use and it's under-powered in relation to the rest of the weapon sandbox.

BTW the Halo 2 BR as the starting weapon would be just as bad as the current pistol. I would prefer having the pistol buffed to a 4SK or using the Halo 1 pistol(when it comes out) over using the current pistol or Halo 2 BR.

I can't believe how 343 forced radar upon the community and so many of you have just willingly accepted this nonsense. It diminishes the competitive value of an entire match, from start to end. It affects mobility, it affects awareness by making it less skillful, thus affecting the overall teamwork of players. I cannot take this game seriously on a competitive level knowing that radar is there as tool to help players to quickly identify the location of players they can't see without the assistance of a teammate or using their ears. It's pure fuckery. I don't accept this in competitive halo and I never will. This "keep it default" shit has gone too far now. It's one thing to try and keep the mechanics the same across the board, but to ruin the competitiveness of tournament settings by using radar is too much. If we traveled back in time to 10 years ago, 5 years ago or the day before halo 5 was announced to the public ALL of us would be laughing at the idea of radar being introduced into competitive halo. If you think the extra couple percent of players that this crutch of a feature helps to bring in is worth diminishing the overall competitiveness of halo 5 matches then you are wrong and a part of the problem. You are easily swayed and clearly have no real opinions of what is good for the game unless it's being told to you by the creators of halo. The same people that have been wrong on many things and this also one of them.

We as a community have no backbone. None. This is crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I would personally like to see competitive settings that work, not some settings that have the community torn. With that being said, why can't we go back to the competitive Halo 3 days? They took just about everything out that would decrease the skill gap to make it competitive. Those settings "worked" and the competitive scene flourished. I don't think it's absolutely necessary for autos to be re balanced, but I do think that they should be completely removed from competitive play along with radar -- that includes the AR. My perfect world would be starting with a magnum only, keeping the BR and DMR on map as pickups, turning off radar, having static weapon spawns, and introducing new game types (Oddball and extraction). This way 343 hardly needs to tweak anything, they simply need to start up forge and update custom settings. 

I know the main argument with this proposal is that it will "alienate casual players". If that's the case lets give the ranking system a kick in the ass because that usually transitions the casual players in to competitive players. Update "Arena" and make rankings actually mean something like they used to. This will give players the opportunity to make their way to competitive settings without making them take a leap. 

Let's hope they listen this time  :lxthul:

Some people don't like them because they see timing weapons as a skill, but it's far more skillful to fight for weapons and power ups when everyone knows when to contest them. The only problems I have with weapon pads is that the indicator disappears when people pick them up and unfairly gives away your position, and you can't make the respawn timers for power items static unless it's on a pad. Also, the fact that you can't change the ammo count of weapons on pads in Forge sucks, which is another big oversight.

I'm pretty sure that you can in forge. I believe that I've done it before.

Yeah actually. I did it to modify the sniper spawns on a forged Pit map.

Ah, I see. Glad I was mistaken, thanks.  :)

In that case, there's really no reason to use the weapon pads at all except for nade tricks with stickies, but the pros outweigh the cons here, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you want me to invite you to a forge match to show you how to do it?

Nah, I can't right now, it's late AF, but I appreciate it.