Sign in to follow this  
Mesty

First and only video, discussing the rank system.

W/L rank systems to me are pointless. Unless you're playing with YOUR team. You're relying on the fact that your teammates will communicate and listen to you when you try to. I NEVER hear ANYONE in my games. No one has a mic. W/L ranking systems are flawed IMO. At least with LoL (don't have experience with SC2 or Dota), you have "social" game modes where rank doesn't matter. Halo doesn't. I am forced to play in a ranked competitive setting. I don't always want to play like that.

W/L rank systems to me are pointless. Unless you're playing with YOUR team. You're relying on the fact that your teammates will communicate and listen to you when you try to. I NEVER hear ANYONE in my games. No one has a mic. W/L ranking systems are flawed IMO. At least with LoL (don't have experience with SC2 or Dota), you have "social" game modes where rank doesn't matter. Halo doesn't. I am forced to play in a ranked competitive setting. I don't always want to play like that.

Why not work with an integrated system where personal performance is an additional bonus to the sum of the win bonus.

Red 50

1 23/6/10 

2 17/12/5

3 5/12/2

4 5/15/0

Blue 45

1 25/10/15

2 20/15/7

3 0/13/5

4 0/17/0

For the simple purpose of this let's just assume every player has just hit Diamond 1 and are all at 0 exp within that rank. Since red team has won the match each player gets 100 exp towards their next rank. However due to better overall performance by player 1 and player 2 they are rewarded, where as players 3 and 4 receive  no further bonus due to their lackluster performance.

Once again for simplicity purposes lets say every kill and assist is worth 1 extra exp. Add the total and subtract the deaths as a negative 1. So player one 23 kills, 10 assists and 6 deaths. I'm sure we can all do the math on this, so he gets 27 additional experience to add onto the 100 for winning. 

Now for the blue team they lose that 100 experience for obvious reasons. However due to the performance of their top 2 players they gain back some of that exp. Player one gains a sum of 35 due to their performance. So a total loss of 100 subtract 35. So that player loses 65 exp. Thus making the loss less impact on their deranking. 

Its a simple idea, and probably has some flaws, however it isn't as bad as the Reach ranking system, and it allows for rewarding good performance, but doesn't override the end goal of a win.

Objective should still be W/L.

Also, LOL isn't really a good reference. Sure, you can jump into non ranked and fuck around, however those games can be just as or more competitive as ranked games. When you constantly are playing Plat/Diamonds the games are not all too trollish. 

Why not work with an integrated system where personal performance is an additional bonus to the sum of the win bonus.

Red 50

1 23/6/10 

2 17/12/5

3 5/12/2

4 5/15/0

Blue 45

1 25/10/15

2 20/15/7

3 0/13/5

4 0/17/0

For the simple purpose of this let's just assume every player has just hit Diamond 1 and are all at 0 exp within that rank. Since red team has won the match each player gets 100 exp towards their next rank. However due to better overall performance by player 1 and player 2 they are rewarded, where as players 3 and 4 receive  no further bonus due to their lackluster performance.

Once again for simplicity purposes lets say every kill and assist is worth 1 extra exp. Add the total and subtract the deaths as a negative 1. So player one 23 kills, 10 assists and 6 deaths. I'm sure we can all do the math on this, so he gets 27 additional experience to add onto the 100 for winning. 

Now for the blue team they lose that 100 experience for obvious reasons. However due to the performance of their top 2 players they gain back some of that exp. Player one gains a sum of 35 due to their performance. So a total loss of 100 subtract 35. So that player loses 65 exp. Thus making the loss less impact on their deranking. 

Its a simple idea, and probably has some flaws, however it isn't as bad as the Reach ranking system, and it allows for rewarding good performance, but doesn't override the end goal of a win.

Objective should still be W/L.

Also, LOL isn't really a good reference. Sure, you can jump into non ranked and fuck around, however those games can be just as or more competitive as ranked games. When you constantly are playing Plat/Diamonds the games are not all too trollish. 

I can agree with that. Like I said before, it should be based on W/L AND personal stats.

Meh, with LoL I don't find non ranked games to competitive.

To make MMR or ELO focused on stats and not wins is kind of ridiculous. At the end of the day, your ability to win the match should be the most important aspect. The higher your win % means the higher your win shares which is the the best individual stat a player could have when it comes down to it.

I don't think certain statistical prowess does not need to effect MMR to be important. Like people said before you can't put point allocations to certain aspects because that kinda ruins game modes and how Halo is supposed to be played if you want it to stay a team game in solo queue. I mean at the end of the day you don't improve to have good stats and in Onyx with like a 10% win rate because you have bad teammates.