Sign in to follow this  
plasmadan

If 343 were to take sprint out of halo 6, how would they explain it

Chief got wounded in the fight he had with Locke that happened in the false advertising. 

Been hit with a few shells, now I walk wif a limp 

Nothing. A super soldier should be able to run. He was already sprinting in previous games.

I always thought it was strange that a supersoldier in armor augmented for maximum strength/speed/agility couldn't break a brisk jog or complete a pull-up

• Downvote (-1) 3

Chief got wounded in the fight he had with Locke that happened in the false advertising. 

Been hit with a few shells, now I walk wif a limp 

a 50 cent reference in 2016? holy shit i'm old lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2

In terms of PR (not canon lore stuff)

"In Halo 5, we thought having two different speeds of movement was a bit difficult to balance for Arena gameplay and hurt our map design. Instead, we've decided to remove Sprint and drastically increase movement and strafe speed"

Won't happen though. Sprint is life  :simms:

343: " We decided to remove sprint because it is sensible for game design purposes. Sprint adds no benefit to gameplay, only detriment."

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Go back to Bungie's original explanation for Sprint as an AA module in Reach - the module was custom made to override the MJOLNIR suit's safety mechanism, allowing the user to push it too far.

After seeing far too many Spartans use such risky enhancements during War Games simulations to the detriment of their decision making a security improvement to the suit's hardware and software now makes it incompatible with such programmes and mods.

Wrap a gameplay explanation in a bit of story and there you have it.

Of course it's probably not going anywhere, so this is all a bit of a moot point anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"The game plays better without sprint, so we took it out. We hope you enjoy Halo 6."

Cut to opening cinematic. Everyone cheers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hate to break it to ya, but Halo needs a new developer entirely.

If that does not happen, we will just continue to see the same things happen over and over again.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just look at halo1-3, you already outran your teammates. Remember the opening level for halo 3? Yeah you can visibly see the marines running yet you're still faster. That made me feel like a super soldier more than those streaks on my screen ever did. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I am actually expecting something like this to happen: "We are increasing immersion and and the spartan's movement capabilities by allowing them to fire their weapons at (almost) all times. Your spartan will be even more lethal than ever!" 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The same way they explained these mechanics when they were first introduced:

Say nothing at all

Bingo.

343i officially announces the end of H2V online services, they get a huge wave of protest and "Revive H2V" movements.

Later on, H2V's master server then just so happens to quietly go offline for months, and does anyone say anything? Nope, and H2V goes quietly into the night. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did they ever offer an explanation for the removal of dual wielding?

I suppose most of the explanations in this thread would work, not that it's gonna happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did they ever offer an explanation for the removal of dual wielding?

I suppose most of the explanations in this thread would work, not that it's gonna happen.

Bungie removed dual wielding because it was impossible to balance without making a weapon redundant on its own (SMG, Spiker, etc).

Canonically, I don't think Spartan IV HUDs support two weapon reticles or something.