Sign in to follow this  
plasmadan

If 343 were to take sprint out of halo 6, how would they explain it

Would they even have to explain it if they managed to make players feel like they were always moving quickly?  Seems to me that increasing FoV and base movement speeds would let gameplay do the explaining, while allowing those who need some sort of cannon/lore explanation to come to the conclusion that it must have been "evuhlootion".

I mean a lore explanation.

Canonically, I don't think Spartan IV HUDs support two weapon reticles or something.

They could just say they're going full circle as at this point they've done pretty much everything they can non-traditional halo wise.

They don't have to remove it completely. They should just leave sprint in for Campaign, and leave it out of multiplayer.

343i should just admit that the previous games pace was much slower, which felt much more casual and relaxing. If they want to speed up the gameplay all they should do is create smaller maps that facilitate better competitve play. Or they should just bump up the movement speed like how everyone has been saying for the past X years.

Canonically, I don't think Spartan IV HUDs support two weapon reticles or something.

He asked for lore. You gave him canon.

I got the impression that when odst cut it, it was sort of predicated on the fact that odsts are not as strong as Spartans, and couldn't hold up two weapons realistically during combat, similar to how regenerating health was cut, because odsts don't have shields.

Nothing they do makes sense and they currently don't explain any of their absurd ideas, so they simply would not even try.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could Halo 6 work with Thrusters and not sprint? I really enjoy thrusters and I feel like its a natural evolution, sprint I don't really care much for.

Could Halo 6 work with Thrusters and not sprint? I really enjoy thrusters and I feel like its a natural evolution, sprint I don't really care much for.

Sure it can "work". It'll suck though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thrusters, Clamber, even Ground Pound aren't that bad. But Sprint/Spartan Charge are horrible. You could easily leave in the first 3, and get rid of the other 2 without any problems. Then we could get normal sized maps again and less of these open areas that are death traps without sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would it suck? Would it suck worse than what we currently have?

It would be worse than no sprint or thrusters.

So, I take it, you want sprint to stay?

No, I want it to go because the only purpose it serves is to give people a false sense of "evolution". But I don't think it's nearly as big of a problem as thrust.

No, I want it to go because the only purpose it serves is to give people a false sense of "evolution". But I don't think it's nearly as big of a problem as thrust.

Interesting... I'm not sure I've heard anyone argue thrusters were worse than sprint.  Care to elaborate on what makes you think this?

Interesting... I'm not sure I've heard anyone argue thrusters were worse than sprint.  Care to elaborate on what makes you think this?

It's the most effective as well as the easiest escape method Halo has ever had.

It's the most effective as well as the easiest escape method Halo has ever had.

While it can be, and certainly is used to escape, I've mostly seen it being used to get places a little more quickly, or simply get to a place which the player wouldn't have been able to without the thruster pack.  If you removed sprint, I don't think thruster packs would allow anyone to escape any situation in which they've truly positioned themselves poorly.  If someone can thrust around a corner (without sprint), one could argue their positioning was at least not terrible.

Just to be clear though, I'd be happiest if both were removed.  I just don't personally take nearly as much issue with thrust as I do sprint, clamber, and grenade damage indicators.

Waypoint isn't my cup of tea but this post made me smile a bit - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/please-remove-walking/f624abe0-3799-4138-b362-2fd881b9937c/posts

If you don't want to click the link it's a "remove walking" post....

Note that the thread got locked and the user was banned...for "trolling".  

Classic Waypoint...Nazi Germany control over popular opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Note that the thread got locked and the user was banned...for "trolling".

Classic Waypoint...Nazi Germany control over popular opinion.

Lol, that figures. The one decently clever post I've seen on there lately gets nuked. What an organization.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol, that figures. The one decently clever post I've seen on there lately gets nuked. What an organization.

You ain't kiddin'.

A lot of people call Waypointers ignorant... For many of them that's true, but only to a certain extent. I honestly think much of the ignorance there is largely the result of the mods there keeping all conversations of any real depth either totally silent, or consolidated into a single thread.  It really is a shame, because if the Waypoint mods would just step the hell out of the way, we might actually have a shot at getting the type of Halo game we truly want.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You ain't kiddin'.

A lot of people call Waypointers ignorant... For many of them that's true, but only to a certain extent. I honestly think much of the ignorance there is largely the result of the mods there keeping all conversations of any real depth either totally silent, or consolidated into a single thread.  It really is a shame, because if the Waypoint mods would just step the hell out of the way, we might actually have a shot at getting the type of Halo game we truly want.

*GASP*

So it wasn't 343's fault that Halo 5 turned out the way it did... Spartan Abilities, the long kill times, the strong autos, radar in competitive, the self-aiming Sniper--it was the Waypoint mods all along! It all makes so much sense! If a few of us can somehow become Waypoint mods ourselves, maybe our influence will be strong enough that we'll finally get a true successor to CE!  :kappa:

For the record, I don't care for how the Waypoint mods operate, either.