Are We Back?

Are We Back?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Are We Back?

• Yes, we're back!
    • Not yet/Almost
    • No, lots to do still.

In terms of the pro scene? Yes.

General popularity for Halo? No. I don't personally care about this section though. I just want an esport I can follow and participate in and its back as much as it ever was.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Game isn't even in top 10 most played 

Wait its not? Thats shameful. But you guys keep letting them feed you this garbage

• Upvote (+1) 1

We're definitely making progress. 

Spectator passes for the HWC NA Regional Finals are sold out.

How can that be "back" when Halo was never there in the first place?

Getting to that sort of stage would be a massive improvement on whatever we peaked at before.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Comparing competitve Halo to games with 10x more active players is ******** at this point in Halo's tenure. Halo will never be "the top dog" again, in any respect and that is okay. Mid-tier population and e-sport success is what you can expect from Halo going forward, its just an average game now in almost every respect IMO. There are games light-years ahead of Halo's e-sport infrastructure and that offer better all-around competitive MP experiences. The core fans are the ones that will be supporting the MP going forward and 343 would be smart to cater to the core Halo player going forward because Frankenstein Halo is what helped kill the franchise(the MP was basically dead in H4) in the first place, and it would be completely asanine of them to try and continue that failed direction at this point.

The only way Halo MP trends in an upward direction again is that 343 makes a real competitive Halo MP experience and stop with the CoD/Halo hybrids. Halo is just a common conglomerate of other popular shooters now, its sacrificed a lot of its previous unique gameplay qualities and the wrong people were/and still are in charge of the MP's direction and will assure mediocrity moving forward as long as they hold prominent decision-making positions over the future of the franchise. Dont get me wrong, Halo 5 is a significant improvement competitive wise, but its still not really a good HALO game. CSGO succeeded by catering to real CS fans, Halo has not catered to core Halo MP fans instead choosing to chase an imaginary fan-base of another segment of the shooter player-base that never liked Halo, or games like Halo to begin with. And thats a damn shame.

• Upvote (+1) 9

God damnit 343.

You really need to be lurking these forums, and listening to what these players have to say.

These people, if given what they ask for, will be loyal to your game, COD kids won't be loyal just because you give them quasi ADS, and a broken weapon sandbox to make the game familiar to them.

But you already fucking knew that because of population drops from Halo 4, and 5. Catering to them has yielded no return investment.

- Nerf the range on the automatics

- 4SK pistol

- Give us a legitimate social slayer playlist that also features community maps

- Give us a veto system(I'm actually confused as to why this was left out being that it is the simplest way to know if people hate a specific map/gametype) this would benefit you more than the player base.

- Give us a fucking classic playlist, with dedicated classic forge maps(THESE MAPS, AND SETTINGS ALREADY EXIST IN GAME! THERE'S LITERALLY NO EXCUSE!)

- Take radar, and breakout out of Team Arena

- Make the radar 25M again like it should be. Veteran Halo players who are not acclimated to MLG/Pro settings are accustomed to a radar that doesn't

suck ass.

- Coming from a sweaty Halo 4 kid..... This sniper is so easy a caveman can do it. Nerf that magnetism.

- And finally give us our gametypes back. They don't need to be "play tested", they have withstood the test of time over the course of 5 games.

You do all of this 343i, then we'll be back. Back for good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Definitely not back. When someone that has played halo for 10 years and still keeps up with it can't even find a reason to purchase the latest installment you have a problem. The overwhelming majority of people that have quit Halo because of how watered down and un-Halo it has become will never be on a forum posting about it. That group is the silent majority that have quit on this franchise and no community polling by 343i or Beyond could ever reveal that. I'm of the opinion that Halo could certainly regain it's popularity and I personally think it would only take one stellar installment to make it happen. The problem is that I simply don't think 343i is capable of producing it.

Halo 1 weapon balance

Halo 2 movement,1-50 with party restrictions

Halo 3 ranked-social split and exp system

Halo Reach UI and customization

Halo 5 Forge

That is literally all you need to produce the number 1 xbox title for 3 years. Why 343/microsoft can't figure that out is beyond me and if something so obvious is never realized then Halo absolutely deserves this slow and painful death.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Too many people that loved Halo have left, that's the main reason why I think we'll never really be "back".  

Viewership wise we'redoing ok compared to anything H3/Reach/H4/H2A had as the most viewed Halo event before was 40K and X Games beat that even with the game being out for some time. Worlds and Regionals will be a lot bigger because those events actually got proper advertisement unlike X Games (No one knew about it until 2 weeks before hand) 

All these people complaining is the reason we won't be back for very much longer, people actually see this and think what a crap community and go else where. Toxic is not the word.

The game is good, it has lots of potential but I bet none of you have lifted a finger to help, infact your actually doing the opposite. If you want halo 3 then go play halo 3, halo 5 is fresh and modern and atleast we have a developer pumping time and effort into promoting the exports side. That's what you all wanted but your still not happy, take reference from riot games and league of legends, look how popular it has become because riot pushed it into the spotlight. Stop being butthurt, it's as simple as that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 17

All these people complaining is the reason we won't be back for very much longer, people actually see this and think what a crap community and go else where. Toxic is not the word.

The game is good, it has lots of potential but I bet none of you have lifted a finger to help, infact your actually doing the opposite. If you want halo 3 then go play halo 3, halo 5 is fresh and modern and atleast we have a developer pumping time and effort into promoting the exports side. That's what you all wanted but your still not happy, take reference from riot games and league of legends, look how popular it has become because riot pushed it into the spotlight. Stop being butthurt, it's as simple as that.

66701542.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

The only way we will ever be back is if we get the original formula back. That means no more game breaking gimmicks like armor/Spartan abilities. Halo is no longer Halo and that is the biggest reason why this franchise is tanking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only way we will ever be back is if we get the original formula back. That means no more game breaking gimmicks like armor/Spartan abilities. Halo is no longer Halo and that is the biggest reason why this franchise is tanking.

But the game needs to evolve. Shooters these days all have sprint, ADS, and jet packs! If Halo doesn't keep up, it'll fail! Oh, Brad, what do we do?!

But the game needs to evolve. Shooters these days all have sprint, ADS, and jet packs! If Halo doesn't keep up, it'll fail! Oh, Brad, what do we do?!

I'm really curious on what kinds of bullshit they're going to add to Halo 6. After H4 and H5's population failures, will 343 dare to give us another gimmick filled Halo game or will we finally get real Halo back?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm really curious on what kinds of bullshit they're going to add to Halo 6. After H4 and H5's population failures, will 343 dare to give us another gimmick filled Halo game or will we finally get real Halo back?

What's that Einstein quote about insanity? :kappa: ... :weback: ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we're back in the sense that I feel Halo is no longer in danger of dying.

We'll likely never see a resurgence to peak popularity levels, but that's to be expected when our game is locked to the most poorly received console of the generation. At the moment, I'm happy with where Halo is as an esport. The view counts are good, the events are hype, there's plenty of notable org presence, the game works and the devs are doing a decent job running everything. Sure, radar should be taken out and we NEED double-elim, but it could be MUCH worse than it is. We have a solid, relevant scene to follow for the first time since at least 2011.

The best thing that could happen for Halo is the death of the Xbox, and the transfer of Halo to the PC, but playable only with a custom PC controller modeled after the Xbox controller.

Didn't Josh say Halo 5 has the best player retention of all time bar Halo 3? Isn't that quite a success in itself and show's the opposite of the population failure of Halo 4? 

H3s peak population was a like a million. With h5 not even being in the top ten it's under 30k right? I take everything and I mean absolutely everything 343 says with a grain of salt (The community loves sprint, Pros love breakout, MCC). How is the game not even on the top ten chart if it has the best retention rate of any halo? H2 and H3 sat on top for years.

• Upvote (+1) 4