Sign in to follow this  
Mesty

Help getting Open NAT on Xbox...

So I have Google'd and have not been able to come up with ANY sort of answer or solution to my problem. My NAT type is Strict, and seem's like no matter what I do, it still stay's. I have tried numerous things to try and fix it but nothing has worked. I don't know if it has anything to do with me being stationed in Korea, but it's really annoying and making it impossible to play anything. I am using an R7000 NightHawk router.

So I have Google'd and have not been able to come up with ANY sort of answer or solution to my problem. My NAT type is Strict, and seem's like no matter what I do, it still stay's. I have tried numerous things to try and fix it but nothing has worked. I don't know if it has anything to do with me being stationed in Korea, but it's really annoying and making it impossible to play anything. I am using an R7000 NightHawk router.

I assumed you forwarded the ports Xbox live uses?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

I have. I have done the port forwarding advice people have mentioned in the post's I looked at.

You know it could be that its because you are stationed in Korea, I would assume the military would have their own Network "DMZs"( no pun intended ) setup in their network system.

You know it could be that its because you are stationed in Korea, I would assume the military would have their own Network "DMZs"( no pun intended ) setup in their network system.

I don't even know how to set one up. Internet on base is thru a Korean ISP.

I don't even know how to set one up. Internet on base is thru a Korean ISP.

Maybe you can talk to some of the network engineers at your base? Worth a try.

Maybe you can talk to some of the network engineers at your base? Worth a try.

I could. I bought an ethernet cable to do a direct connection and it seems to be working betterish.