Sign in to follow this  
ThatTrueLegend

Halo Kids Are Bad At Marketing Their YouTube Content

That's hysterical because upon even putting in minimal effort to promote themselves - they usually get bashed for it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

The word "kids" ruined my reading experience.

Can't take this post serious either because of the title.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's hysterical because upon even putting in minimal effort to promote themselves - they usually get bashed for it. 

Never seen this to be honest, so I can't comment on it.

The word "kids" ruined my reading experience.

Can't take this post serious either because of the title.

If that tiny thing ruined it for both of you, and neither of you get it, I feel sorry for both of you. That's how my friends and I talk, and many other players in the community talk. We say things like "Halo kids, CoD kids, Halo: Reach kids, Halo 4 kids, online kids" etc. If you haven't heard any of those phrases you must be living under a rock.

I don't care what you think of my delivery of my message, I just hope that you understand the message. And that "Halo players" (I'm sure that's much better for you) need to change their ways.

I will admit that I didn't type this in the most "professional" way possible obviously (peep my boy Dj Khaled), but once again, I don't care. I just typed it up as if I was talking casually. Not trying to be a professional here and get a friggin' employment opportunity at some company. I'm just trying to help my fellow Halo kids/players. And if you actually read it, (hopefully you did) you will see that they probably could use this advice.  :)  

so put halo in my titles, got it

Can't tell if you're trolling or not... But yes it would probably help a lot for when people search for Halo gameplay on youtube.   :)

No you'll get bashed for calling something, "One of the naughtiest snipes in H5", and then it's just an average snipe. The title and the gameplay must be in agreement. That's just click bait calling it something it's not even close to being.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't tell if you're trolling or not... But yes it would probably help a lot for when people search for Halo gameplay on youtube.  :wub:

yeah i just went and did it for the hell of it. i noticed all my 200+ views had much better titles and the low ones had trash titles. i think you're onto something!

Never seen this to be honest, so I can't comment on it.

If that tiny thing ruined it for both of you, and neither of you get it, I feel sorry for both of you. That's how my friends and I talk, and many other players in the community talk. We say things like "Halo kids, CoD kids, Halo: Reach kids, Halo 4 kids, online kids" etc. If you haven't heard any of those phrases you must be living under a rock.

I don't care what you think of my delivery of my message, I just hope that you understand the message. And that "Halo players" (I'm sure that's much better for you) need to change their ways.

I will admit that I didn't type this in the most "professional" way possible obviously (peep my boy Dj Khaled), but once again, I don't care. I just typed it up as if I was talking casually. Not trying to be a professional here and get a friggin' employment opportunity at some company. I'm just trying to help my fellow Halo kids/players. And if you actually read it, (hopefully you did) you will see that they probably could use this advice.  :wub:  

Putting Halo in the title won't help but that's just me. It take more than that. CoD pro's don't always put Call of Duty or CoD in the title but there video's do well. To be honest, the reason Halo video's aren't popular is because no one want's to watch Halo video's sadly. The scene isn't as big as it used to be.

Just putting halo in the title will not spike the views... Naded and Kampy get view because they are popular not because halo is in the title... "Kid" sadly I did read this and I regret it lol if you don't have a degree or experience in marketing I don't really want to hear anything from you regarding it but that's just my opinion :kappa: oh and if you wanted to type it out fast you could of just said "put halo in your YouTube video title"

• Downvote (-1) 2

Putting Halo in the title won't help but that's just me. It take more than that. CoD pro's don't always put Call of Duty or CoD in the title but there video's do well. To be honest, the reason Halo video's aren't popular is because no one want's to watch Halo video's sadly. The scene isn't as big as it used to be.

I'm not saying just putting the word halo in the title would help a whole lot, what I am saying is that none of these videos even mention Halo, so how would anyone find them besides just knowing the players names and searching them up? 

At least put like "Halo 5 Guardians Gameplay" or at least, something. Because if not, how will anyone find them, since they are not that well known already?

As for the Cod pro's thing, that is probably because they are already established. None of the Halo pros were making videos, or at least going hard at it in Halo's prime in order to establish themselves and their subscriber fan base.

And I don't think I said it before but I will now, I'm not saying "This will definitely gain your viewership if you do this! :lol: ", what I am saying is that it may help, and that people should do it. Because why the hell not? What do they have to lose? 

And I don't think that's true when you say no one watches Halo videos, Snip3down is doing well. And as for Halo in general, outside of the Halo competitive community, there are still Machinimas that do well also!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8roKxrnxJ94

Almost 40,000 views and it was uploaded only 2 months ago! I think I may have come up with an even BETTER idea, the pros should try to ask and build a partnership with these Machinima makers to see if they can help get traffic towards themselves and the HCS and etc! It may not work since the community's are very diverse, but why not? Once again, what the hell do they have to lose? I remember a long time ago when I used to listen to the Halo pro podcasts, Gandhi would preach about how they need to cater to the casual community, well this could (not saying it will work for sure) be a way to get them to interact.  :)

I had also seen another Halo machinima from only 2 years ago (which was when Halo was supposedly more dead than now), and it has almost a million views!

I just went onto Snip3downs YouTube and saw that he does it too by the way. -__- (Which I guess would prove my "improve your marketing" criticsm wrong, but then again, Snip3down is already established and well known.)

I mean, come on, put like "MLG HALO PRO SNIP3DOWN GOES OFF WITH SNIPER!!!" or something, I don't know dude. Like no one is going to find that video outside of your fanbase or people who already know your name.

"Rig TS vs Renegades, Insane Snipes" is a trash title. And I'm not hating or anything, I'm just being honest as a person who has a little tiny bit of marketing knowledge... Obviously he's doing well, he's getting good views, but he could probably get better views, I want the best for him and all other Halo players, so I hope if he ever reads this, he doesn't get upset by my criticism, as well as the rest of you.   :)

Sorry if this is a mess like my other post lol, just trying to get this out as quickly as possible.

I'm not saying just putting the word halo in the title would help a whole lot, what I am saying is that none of these videos even mention Halo, so how would anyone find them besides just knowing the players names and searching them up? 

At least put like "Halo 5 Guardians Gameplay" or at least, something. Because if not, how will anyone find them, since they are not that well known already?

As for the Cod pro's thing, that is probably because they are already established. None of the Halo pros were making videos, or at least going hard at it in Halo's prime in order to establish themselves and their subscriber fan base.

And I don't think I said it before but I will now, I'm not saying "This will definitely gain your viewership if you do this! :lol: ", what I am saying is that it may help, and that people should do it. Because why the hell not? What do they have to lose? 

And I don't think that's true when you say no one watches Halo videos, Snip3down is doing well. And as for Halo in general, outside of the Halo competitive community, there are still Machinimas that do well also!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8roKxrnxJ94

Almost 40,000 views and it was uploaded only 2 months ago! I think I may have come up with an even BETTER idea, the pros should try to ask and build a partnership with these Machinima makers to see if they can help get traffic towards themselves and the HCS and etc! It may not work since the community's are very diverse, but why not? Once again, what the hell do they have to lose? I remember a long time ago when I used to listen to the Halo pro podcasts, Gandhi would preach about how they need to cater to the casual community, well this could (not saying it will work for sure) be a way to get them to interact.  :)

I had also seen another Halo machinima from only 2 years ago (which was when Halo was supposedly more dead than now), and it has almost a million views!

I just went onto Snip3downs YouTube and saw that he does it too by the way. -__- (Which I guess would prove my "improve your marketing" criticsm wrong, but then again, Snip3down is already established and well known.)

I mean, come on, put like "MLG HALO PRO SNIP3DOWN GOES OFF WITH SNIPER!!!" or something, I don't know dude. Like no one is going to find that video outside of your fanbase or people who already know your name.

"Rig TS vs Renegades, Insane Snipes" is a trash title. And I'm not hating or anything, I'm just being honest as a person who has a little tiny bit of marketing knowledge... Obviously he's doing well, he's getting good views, but he could probably get better views, I want the best for him and all other Halo players, so I hope if he ever reads this, he doesn't get upset by my criticism, as well as the rest of you.  :wub:

Sorry if this is a mess like my other post lol, just trying to get this out as quickly as possible.

Could be, but who knows honestly. I don't think to many Halo pro's care about YouTube that much. Could be wrong but I don't know.

Just putting halo in the title will not spike the views... Naded and Kampy get view because they are popular not because halo is in the title... "Kid" sadly I did read this and I regret it lol if you don't have a degree or experience in marketing I don't really want to hear anything from you regarding it but that's just my opinion :kappa: oh and if you wanted to type it out fast you could of just said "put halo in your YouTube video title"

At least I'm TRYING to offer advice to my fellow community. In order to try to HELP them get more success. If what I say doesn't work, than hey, at least I tried.   :)

Like I said in my previous post, I just want the best for my Halo friends.   :)

But what are YOU doing?

Worrying about how I talk/type?

597.jpg

Edit: Also, read my other post, because I'm not saying putting the word 'Halo' in your title would help. Clearly you don't get it. -__-

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At least I'm TRYING to offer advice to my fellow community. In order to try to HELP them get more success. If what I say doesn't work, than hey, at least I tried. :wub:

Like I said in my previous post, I just want the best for my Halo friends. :wub:

But what are YOU doing?

Worrying about how I talk/type?

597.jpg

Just gave you a opinion lol seems like you didn't take it well. If you want to talk more just DM me so I can get warning points from my messages instead of receiving them from a post in a thread
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A lot of people don't care and only uploaded their videos to youtube to show their friends

Yes, that's also a factor. But I'm sure there are people in the community who actually upload to help attempt grow the scene.  

I encourage you to read my other post above where I talk about machinimas if you haven't already.

The widespread popularity of Halo videos died during H3.

Agreed, this is indisputable. But let's buck that trend.

I understand what OP is trying to say, what new youtubers don't understand is how to make their content accessible. Not everyone understands or is even aware of SEO strategies.

@@Unyshek has touched on this before

I'm no expert at youtube so it would be great if the kampys and the greenshills of the world were kind enough to drop some knowledge bombs. But I don't exactly expect them to and they are obviously in no way obligated. A halo youtube guide would be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah i just went and did it for the hell of it. i noticed all my 200+ views had much better titles and the low ones had trash titles. i think you're onto something!

All about that click bait!

I encourage everyone to read my most recent reply to Mesty.

Halo isn't as dead as you think it is on YouTube.

Machinimas are pulling pretty good views. And I think if people in the competitive scene reached out to them for help, we could potentially use their help in order to gain more traffic to the competitive scene.

I know the community's are both very diverse, but it COULD (key word here, could) potentially help get more casual players to check out the competitive side of things. Now whether you think this could or couldn't work doesn't matter, because why not try it? There's no reason not too.

Along with better titles and etc to potentially gain more traffic and easier access to their videos and channels, who knows what could happen.

Everyone being negative, or unsure should realize that things couldn't get worse from trying these things out. And that there is no reason not too.

TLDR: Just please read my other post to Mesty, because I have ideas to help this community, and I believe in these ideas despite everything else being said.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All about that click bait!

I mean... without making it clickbait, being descriptive in the title does help.

Same with thumbnails.

And Halo is actually doing fine on YouTube. It's just that... no one really tries. Everyone has a huge focus on Twitch and partnerships over there, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because everyone saw Ninja for a while and went like "woah, this could be me"? Maybe it's because the results are more instant? Getting a sudden big donation is always cool I guess. But I've noticed that a lot of pros stream yet don't interact that much with their viewers at all, which to me, is a bit weird and defeats the whole purpose. YouTube would be ideal for those people, and yet, a lot of them don't even bother.

I know that if I uploaded as much content as people ask me to, I'd burn out before having viewers that are bored of the content (assuming I maintain a decent standard). I don't see what's stopping people from doing the same or even better. All you have to do is try a few different things, and look at your ratings and analytics. Which videos are popular, what causes people to end up on your videos, which keywords are looked up, where they come from, etc. and build around that. Engage with people, take suggestions, and so on. Once you understand what sort of content is appealing to them, then you just have to make good videos around that.

The more people who create content, the more viewers become invested toward Halo. This means that the community grows, and overall, it means Halo's state is improving little by little. This means a multitude of things I'm sure most people understand, but if you don't, all you need to know is that it is a good thing for EVERYONE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Excuse this all over the place post as I am writing this with no sleep and I wanted to get this out before I left for work. Will redo/recreate at some point.

As being on the list (The Definition Of An Almost God Clip) I can somewhat agree to what your saying. I've been wanting to express my opinions for awhile now regarding Halo on YouTube but I've been procrastinating on it a lot plus I wanted to right a giant post about it and have all the info that I wanted in there which = I'm lazy lol.

To be realistic halo isn't how it use to be from the golden days of halo youtubing. For those who don't know, I am one of the remaining montagers in the community. I started specifically montaging back in late 2012 when I decided I didn't want to pursue competitive halo anymore. Anyways fast forward to now from when I first got into the community, I can basically name every single active montager and editor who is left. That is pretty depressing as it shows how small our community has got. This also affects the views. From what I have seen over the past couple of years most videos get viewed specifically from a (Halo) YouTubers own subscriber base, posting on forums, or word of mouth (good example was Hyena's Mastery because it was epic and everyone and their mother saw it). Almost everyone who comments on my videos I have known for awhile or have seen in the community. Even though we are small we still support each other which is awesome. I just haven't seen any new viewership on anyone's videos including mine. That could definitely be linked to how we market our videos though. I just feel like when I title my videos its only for my own subs besides the big montages I post (obviously not the right way to market myself). One thing I wanted to add in the giant thread/post I was going to make is that the competitive community has almost completely separated from the Youtube/montaging community which is unfortunate and has also affected the viewership over the past couple of years. I have so much more to say about this but I will at some point make my own thread about this in more detail.

• Upvote (+1) 2