FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

Sign in to follow this  
Zarnerz

Optic H3cz advice to the Halo community

Wasn't sure if anyone had seen this so I figured I'd share. (Finishes his advice/rant just before the 8 minute mark)

• Upvote (+1) 3

So to sum it up... He's basically telling the pro players to stop being lazy and make content.

To be honest, I have noticed that there is actually quite a few Halo Youtubers but they get no views because they suck at marketing their videos... Titles of their videos are like "Sick Overkill", like dude! Wtf? No one is going to find that video unless they already know who you are. Put Halo in the title, AT LEAST.

Not even Naded, THE PRO does it. Example:

I used to have a friend from Halo: Reach who had a TONNNN of clips on YouTube, but they got no views because he didn't know how to properly title (or market, whatever you wanna call it) his videos. He would just title them "Overkill", like I said before. I can't even find them right now to link them, that's how hard it is to find some of these Halo kids videos.

Here's MORE examples:

(He did put "h2a" in the description, I'll give him credit for trying, but that's not good enough.)

Another perfect example, just the simple word "Halo" is no where to be found in the description or title.

ANOTHER perfect example.

HALO ISN'T EVEN IN THE TITLE OR DESCRIPTION! LIKE DUDE! WHO IS GOING TO FIND THIS VIDEO UNLESS THEY SEARCH YOUR GAMERTAG? -__-

ANOTHER example:

And...

DJ-khaled-another-one-merch1-e1449689736

And I have MORE... But anyways... I'm sure you get it.

Some of these Halo kids really effin suck at marketing, like it's REALLY bad, they don't even put Halo in the title of their videos OR description. Like come on dudes... It could all be so simple, NO ONE is going to find your videos.

Sorry if this post is a mess, but I really don't care, you should still be able to understand what I am trying to say.

Look for yourselves at their videos, "Halo" isn't even in the title or description of them. -__- Someone needs to educate these guys, seriously.

Kudos to everyone for still putting in effort and making videos... But no one is going to find them, sorry. 

The only reason I've personally found these videos is because I have talked to some of these people, or because I've looked up their gamertags on YouTube. (Which is obviously something not a lot of people do.)

I feel like all of this is so important to shine light on that I might just make this a topic of it's own, but I'm lazy af, and all I'd do is just copy and paste this.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@ Completely agree. Growing a fanbase/community takes more than just content. While the halo community could use some more content (from the pros especially), we still need people to understand that marketing is just as important, or perhaps more important, for long term sustained growth. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why did you make a whole new thread?

Because in my opinion it deserved its own thread. I'm dropping gems of knowledge. 

980b96d3687fa59a1ba13627246ab68624f6f88f

And not everyone will read it on here, and I want the knowledge to reach more people. And I feel like it would probably reach more people on it's own thread. Which it must be... Because the own thread got +7 rep so far, and this one only has +1 so far which is the OP...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To build on what Swift was saying about failed marketing, perhaps those within our community who ARE good at online marketing should help them out. If we're all building our own houses, we're going to have 1,000,000 rinky-dink houses. If we build together, we'll have a mansion that rivals even the OpTic Scuf House!

To build on what Swift was saying about failed marketing, perhaps those within our community who ARE good at online marketing should help them out. If we're all building our own houses, we're going to have 1,000,000 rinky-dink houses. If we build together, we'll have a mansion that rivals even the OpTic Scuf House!

This, and what all the unknown and smaller channels should be doing is helping and supporting eachother and collaborating as well.

This, and what all the unknown and smaller channels should be doing is helping and supporting eachother and collaborating as well.

Agreed! I'd love to see lesser-known competitive teams host tourneys as well. :)

I posted this in the HWC thread the other day.

Hecz's video was really really good, and I agree that we need more Halo content overall.

Just a reminder though - it's on you guys to watch it. There's nothing more disheartening than spending 10+ hours editing a video, to see it get less than 1000 hits. I often contemplate how valuable it actually is to produce Halo content because a.) the community is small to begin with, and b.) you guys really only seem to care about OpTiC and @@Ninja (obviously a gross generalization made to prove a point. I super appreciate all the support that this forum in particular shows to WFX)   :)

@@RyaNoob has uploaded dozens of videos over the last few months, and yeah, while it's mostly just gameplay stuff, it's still content. His most recent set goes really in-depth about stuff that Domey can do better and what he's already doing well. Aspiring pros and fans of smart gameplay alike should dive into that madness: https://www.youtube.com/user/areallygoodnoob/videos

The problem with Ryan and 99% of other pro's is that they don't market their content AT ALL.

They post on Youtube and expect views from subs that are probably REALLY old and have lost interest in the the content creator or they post in a mega thread here on TB and their content gets buried within hours.

They NEED to market their material better. A few other popular Halo sites to name a few are 343 Industries, The Halo Forum (not allowed to link this site for some reason), Halo Waypoint and the most important in my eyes REDDIT.

Real quick example of my first video posted on my YT channel when I had 2 subs.

5ba449a03708cc5c3c545fe2008a3243.png

"External" and "Unknown - embedded player" is 99% Reddit.

As most of the top 16 teams have sponsors now, they need to be pushing them to post their YT channels and content out on a daily basis via the organisation social media but they also need to market their own material more."