Sign in to follow this  
LucKeS

The Buddy System - Turning Halo into a Tier 1 Esports game

The Buddy System

Intro:

The idea of mine came from the original Starcraft game and how easy it was to get your friends to play. If you had the installation CD you could install a "Spawn" version of the game, that was limited, on your friends computer. The "spawn" only gave you access to LAN and multiplayer features. With my frustration of not having a standard doubles playlist to meet new people and wanting Halo to grow for my own reasons I thought out a working method, among many, to get more gamers involved into the Halo franchise.

Core Idea:
A simplified multiplayer version of the game with Multiplayer only (Playlists and Customs but no Warzone.), and full access to the REQ system. This would also allow for a easy and light version of the game to be installed for tournament use.

How it would work:

It takes a long time to gain a lot of REQ points in Halo 5 (in the future I would assume in Halo 6 also), lets say a long playtime of work and sacrifice is 5,000,000 (5 million) - 10,000,000 (10 million) REQ Points. This would allow the dedicated players to exchange their hard earned REQ Points for a Buddy version of the game that could be gifted to another XBL member. A buddy version would NOT be allowed to purchase another Buddy version.

Why it would appeal:

Nobody wants to invest 100s and 100s of hours into a buddy version of the game without proper motivation. That same motivation would give players the incentive to want to take care of their investment; the newly acquired Halo inductee. This would create a strong bond between players, and invite the inductee to purchase the full version of the game to gain access to all of it's awesome content.

Conclusion:
Implementing this idea would be very easy (Cookie dough cut) and would help the community grow at an exponential rate, also drive game purchases and REQ pack sales. The most important aspect would be the forming of new friendships and help strong bonds form between friends and family over the medium of the Halo Universe. More REQ packs sold means a bigger Esports prize pool and that would attract even more players to come join us.

I wish I could introduce my little brothers to the Esports aspect of the game and show them how cool Master Chief really is without busting the bank if...

If you have any suggestions or ideas to help this idea work better let me know bellow.

Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yet another person who posts here who should be working for 343, but probably never will.

Why no Warzone though?

I don't wish to work for them, but with them someday. Maybe get paid in the process.

__

If they have full access to REQ Packs they would have lots of cards that would be useless unless they have the full Halo 5 game with Warzone. This would help motivate "Buddy players" to purchase the full game. After all they are getting a lot of stuff for FREE with the "Buddy System", booster XP/ REQ cards, weapon skins, armor. Warzone should be exclusive to people who have purchased the full version of the game.

Neat concept, but if I really wanted a friend to play I would probably just buy them the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty solid idea. Seems like something you'd see work well in PC and I don't see why it wouldn't hurt trying it for console like halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be easier just to make the MP free to play seeing as it has micro transactions.

It would be easier just to make the MP free to play seeing as it has micro transactions.

I juggled with the idea also, but realized the lack of sympathy and bonding in this game creates no adhesion among players. There is too much Elitism at the top of the leader board and not enough ways for players to build bonds at the bottom. This would solve a major issue all while driving micro transactions and game sales.

Can't wait for Halo divorce court. 

The ups and downs are a big part of what makes up the many dif. parts of the societal works in Halo.

Remember all the feuds between clans and groups in H2.  (PMS / KSI and etc...)

You know what would be awesome and completely negate the need for this and we had in the past?

Split screen

*Sigh*

Agreed.

It needed to a be a two step process leading into Halo 6. The sudden change was a little shocking.

Unfortunately it's not an option anymore.