Sign in to follow this  
Harville2

Speed Test for Internet

Unless your bride plays Halo your gaming time will be rationed. Trust me wife's can be pretty clever on limiting your hobbies :)

I would chose fios

hahaha I am definitely hoping/planning for that... I also play ALOT of FIFA and stream football (soccer) matches on most weekends so a quick provider would help

If I have a xbox wireless adapter and a second router, which would be the better way for me to connect my xbox to the internet? Use the adapter or setup the second router as an access point and connect to it via ethernet?

I know hard wiring is better, but I'm not able to directly connect to the main router and was wondering if using the second one as an access point would be the same as direct connecting. 

What kind of providers do you guys have? I will be moving out soon bc ill be getting married, and I was looking to see what kind of providers are great with internet services. My parents/the office have Bellsouth so I probably wont use them... looking at maybe Verizon Fios? Idk I need some thoughts

FiOS is the GOAT (excluding fiber but i'm still convinced that's a myth :kappa:)

• Upvote (+1) 4

FiOS is the GOAT (excluding fiber but i'm still convinced that's a myth :kappa:)

Not if you live in Kansas. :saucey:

If I have a xbox wireless adapter and a second router, which would be the better way for me to connect my xbox to the internet? Use the adapter or setup the second router as an access point and connect to it via ethernet?

I know hard wiring is better, but I'm not able to directly connect to the main router and was wondering if using the second one as an access point would be the same as direct connecting. 

In order to do this you're going to have to run an ethernet to the second router regardless to make it an access point. If you're only requiring the second router as a way of hardwiring back to the origin router/modem, you'd be better off just buying a 10/100 5 port unmanaged switch and running an ethernet from the router to the switch and from the switch to your box, (unless you plan on hooking up gigabit capable devices to do file transfers at that point get a 10/100/1000).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ping= 15ms
Download = 41.48 Mbps
Upload = 4.84 Mbps

It should be faster, but the cables and splitters i'm using are slowing it down. I have to ask my provider to exchange them. 

3085220146.png

I know this thread is super old but we upgraded our internet recently, LOVE the new speed, consistently get 30 down 4 up, some of the time we get 40-50 down and 6-8 up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

^^ That connection is awesome,

2809235041.png

I don't have Fibre optic cables in my area, sucks bad :(

3087133807.png

Amazing what Fibre optic cables can do for you :p