Joseph

[POLL] HCS Pro Player Feedback - Gametypes & Settings

I cannot even begin to fathom why the pros would be perfectly okay jettisoning breakout, something they've practiced for a long while to get good at, but don't want to remove radar or fine-tune the weapons, something they've also practiced for a long while to get good at.

Weirdness.

It makes sense. Also, breakout is just so random (grenades).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

...Well, if it makes sense, then.

Sorry, I just realized how dumb of a response that was.

What I mean is, it makes sense to have the lesser of the two evils because breakout is pretty devoid of skill due to its randomness (specifically grenades). While autos and radar also remove some skill as well, it's the practiced meta right now and pros have strategies and play styles built around it.

I bet if you took the poll post HWC, radar and autos would be removed/nerfed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What I mean is, it makes sense to have the lesser of the two evils because breakout is pretty devoid of skill due to its randomness (specifically grenades). While autos and radar also remove some skill as well, it's the practiced meta right now and pros have strategies and play styles built around it.

Agreed. Not fair to the pro's to switch the game they are competing for 2 million in a month before champs.

Is it possible that Radar is preferred more now in H5 because it helps serve as a check against some of the new spartan abilities (namely GP and Charge)?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I suppose. I don't know if any one team was cleaning up in breakout, but I'd have to imagine that if the pros feel that way in general - that you shouldn't change things before a big competition - any team excelling in breakout might be pissed...

Question 1: Should Breakout be included in the Halo World Championship gametypes?

Yes: 4 votes (10%)

No: 36 votes (90%)

Hmmmrmrmrhmrmhrmmm...

Is it possible that Radar is preferred more now in H5 because it helps serve as a check against some of the new spartan abilities (namely GP and Charge)?

Was the range increased for competitive play?

Because I know it doesn't help me from getting spartan charged five Brazilian times on Overgrowth...

• Upvote (+1) 2

GP not so much since you can hear it charging from a mile away. I could see an argument for Charge and radar being balanced in that sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It could be that the pro players don't want the settings changed last minute before the HWC, aka keep playing the same game they have been.

I also could see some arguments to keep radar. No clue about Storm Rifles though... they cray

Instead of re-balancing the autos maybe change the map weapon placement to make them less common?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly think fixing section 2 will fix section 3, I actually have no issues with the automatics (maybe storm rifle is a tiny bit OP). What I do have issue with is my aggressive playstyle been hampered by some scumbag sitting on a wall watching the radar waiting to pounce on me with a storm rifle as a casual jog on by, but that's just my opinion.

Fixing point 2 will elevate the problems of point 3

The problem with radar for automatics is thatvit allows the less aware player to know exactly when he needs to pull out his automatic

I have to say, kind of surprised to see the answers to #2 and #3 myself personally. But like other's have said, it could be because that would drastically change the meta of the game towards the end of the season.

That being said, it could also be that they find the gameplay competitively balanced. In which I will say I respectfully disagree.

If weapons that take less skill are stronger then the weapons are not balanced. Plain and simple. Unless they are power weapons that are contested (yes we all know power weapons take less skill don't try to bring that argument up). I would think pros with really great aim would want the sandbox rebalanced because their skill will lead them to the $$$ (as it should be). Now it's just "player 1 runs into player 2. Player 1 has a pistol, player 2 has a storm rifle. Player 2 wins solely based on the weapon in his hands." Plus we have rifles that shit on the pistol but that's another issue. I don't see how pro players aren't upset about the balance it's just gunfights are so uneven in this game compared to past titles.

But I wish we could get our own settings because if the pros don't want it rebalanced then we are stuck using these crappy settings until at least post HWC.

Maybe now can remove Breakout, and stop hearing all the whining of auto's and radar. Ive accepted it at this point, hopefully others do after this. Probably wont though :/

• Downvote (-1) 2

GP not so much since you can hear it charging from a mile away. I could see an argument for Charge and radar being balanced in that sense.

Depending on how skilled someone is at charging, even with radar it can be damn difficult to get out of the way. I can only imagine the charges without it.

I can kind of understand having radar since this game plays so erratically, but whoever says the autos are fine is being a fucking lunatic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

and stop hearing all the whining of auto's and radar. Ive accepted it at this point, hopefully others do after this. Probably wont though :/

the competitive halo community is never going to accept shit, and radar + OP autos are shit

however changing autos and removing radar at this point in the HCS lifespan would be a huge change

questions 2 & 3 should have been, "do you want a giant meta curveball a month before a 2+ million dollar tournament?" 

Secondly, someone somewhere told Josh that the pro players were in favor of it. I've worked alongside 343 for over a year now and they are not liars.

That sure didn't stop him from feeding us bullshit and calling it evidence supporting 343's actions.

Maybe it's not Josh's fault specifically but this isn't just a simple fuck-up, this is shady.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Depending on how skilled someone is at charging, even with radar it can be damn difficult to get out of the way. I can only imagine the charges without it.

Theres no skill in charging when it basically locks on to you.,,

Its ridiculous

the competitive halo community is never going to accept shit, and radar + OP autos are shit

however changing autos and removing radar at this point in the HCS lifespan would be a huge change

questions 2 & 3 should have been, "do you want a giant meta curveball a month before a 2+ million dollar tournament?"

They definitely were never going to be for the change this late in game I agree there. I don't love automatics and i do think it's not as fun to watch, but I guess I've gotten use to it. Also, I really don't think people use radar that often. Sounds and communication are way more effective imo.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I've worked alongside 343 for over a year now and they are not liars. 

I'm sure that's the case for the majority of the people at 343i, and probably the people you work for. But facts are facts, and someone lied to us about the pros. Also, someone made the call to say changing a box on a map means it should be called a "NEW MAP". Someone also made that call to say all this content being released late (like forge, file shares, etc.) is part of a "SUSTAIN PLAN". 

Someone is a fucking a asshole over there without an ounce of moral judgement. I doubt it is anyone who we interact with, but 343i as an entity is stained by whoever it or they are. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They definitely were never going to be for the change this late in game I agree there. I don't love automatics and i do think it's not as fun to watch, but I guess I've gotten use to it. Also, I really don't think people use radar that often. Sounds and communication are way more effective imo.

You are insane if you don't think people are using radar 99% of the time ESPECIALLY in matchmaking where a majority of the player base is.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure that's the case for the majority of the people at 343i, and probably the people you work for. But facts are facts, and someone lied to us about the pros. Also, someone made the call to say changing a box on a map means it should be called a "NEW MAP". Someone also made that call to say all this content being released late (like forge, file shares, etc.) is part of a "SUSTAIN PLAN". 

Someone is a fucking a asshole over there without an ounce of moral judgement. I doubt it is anyone who we interact with, but 343i as an entity is stained by whoever it or they are. 

*cough*

jfuVrt8.jpg

*cough*

people wonder why 343 doesn't post here often, well there has been a lot of foot shooting going on around here, i'd be a little cautious too

• Upvote (+1) 4

You are insane if you don't think people are using radar 99% of the time ESPECIALLY in matchmaking where a majority of the player base is.

Talking pros here buddy. I've watched countless streams and seen someone pop up on radar out of line of sight and player pays 0 attention to until shooting them in back. That tells me they aren't looking at the radar
  • Downvote (-1) 1