Joseph

[POLL] HCS Pro Player Feedback - Gametypes & Settings

I wonder how many of those 30 pros would vote to remove Breakout before or after the HWC finals. There's a near unanimous vote from the 40 players that Breakout should be removed, so the next question is when? On the one hand, a pro might not like Breakout and want it removed immediately, on the other hand a pro might feel that Breakout has been included in all the qualifiers this season so it would be unfair to suddenly drop it right before the finals.

I wonder how many of those 30 pros would vote to remove Breakout before or after the HWC finals. There's a near unanimous vote from the 40 players that Breakout should be removed, so the next question is when? On the one hand, a pro might not like Breakout and want it removed immediately, on the other hand a pro might feel that Breakout has been included in all the qualifiers this season so it would be unfair to suddenly drop it right before the finals.

The answer is in the question. It specifically asks if it should be included in the HWC gametypes which I'm assuming applies only to the HWC and the qualifiers/regional events leading into that

The radar result surprises me a little but the other two majorities are what I expected; admittedly Breakout;s result is a lot more decisive than I expected and I can't say I'm disappointed.

Breakout sucks (can you say snack break?) and automatics at the pro level actually aren't an issue if you look at the usage stats.

I honestly think fixing section 2 will fix section 3, i actually have no issues with the automatics (maybe stormrifle is a tiny bit OP). What i do have issue with is my aggressive playstyle been hampered by some scumbag sitting on a wall watching the radar waiting to pounce on me with a strom rifle as a casualy jog on by.

Fixing point 2 will ealivate the problems with point 3.

I agree with this, but I can still picture people crouching outside of Empire around vents regardless of radar.

Weapon balance aside, some maps could just use better power item placement. Camo on Gambol makes the map the most ridiculous thing it could be. $ on the line and the most common kills on that map are random grenades. Avoid camo, and whoever gets it wins the round almost guaranteed. Then there's two different maps have OS in the dead center of bottom mid where it's a grenade spam shit show.

As for the storm rifle... it depends on the map. On big maps like on Truth, unless it's 2v2 or 1v1, it's not too OP. But on Empire or Regret, it's one of the most used weapons. However, Regret isn't as bad as Empire because the fuel rod can be a direct counter to a storm rifle and the sight lines are a tad bigger... which isn't the case for Empire. IMO if Empire had rockets instead of a caster, storm rifles wouldn't be as dominant.

Regardless, I understand people not wanting the game to change right now, but I still doubt a lot of people appreciate the fact that some 1v1 battles are decided on random projectile spread and/or getting the jump on someone without at least resorting to creative map movement.

All I know is that a lot of viewers don't.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Question 3: Should the automatic rifles be re-balanced in the Halo 5 sandbox? (AR, Storm Rifles,etc)

Yes: 15 votes (37.5%)

No: 25 votes (62.5%)

All the pros who voted no must have been the same ones who got beat up in the past games due to having shitty aim with a precision weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I honestly think fixing section 2 will fix section 3, i actually have no issues with the automatics (maybe stormrifle is a tiny bit OP). What i do have issue with is my aggressive playstyle been hampered by some scumbag sitting on a wall watching the radar waiting to pounce on me with a strom rifle as a casualy jog on by.

Fixing point 2 will ealivate the problems of point 3.

Makes sense.

But still, weapons like SR or SMG are too OP compared to Pistol/BR :/

The radar one is odd to me. I feel like if you asked pros to their face they'd all say lose the radar, shows you what a bit of anonymity does.

I actually love watching Halo 5 just the way it is (other than Breakout). Breakout I'm a fan of, but not in HCS. It's more of a fun playlist to play with some casual friends. 

thoroughly love watching all these qualifiers and seeing people use multiple weapons. I loved H2 and H3 at the time, and love them for what they were, but it's terrific watching H5 in this current day and people using multiple weapons. 

And radar doesn't bother me because, if you're honest and watch the gameplay from top players, it really doesn't affect gameplay all that much. There's a lot less hiding then most people make it seem like. They see it happen 2 or 3 times a game and then say things like "that's all this game has become". 

To be clear, I don't care if radar is removed or not, the game is competitive right now and will be competitive if radar leaves. I'm indifferent about radar. I think the storm rifle needs a small nerfing, but other than that I like that autos are used at times in this game in competitive gameplay. Breakout needs to go from the competitive playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Radar needs to be removed. I'm sorry, but I think you're an idiot if you don't think that the auto's don't need a nerf. At least Breakout is going to be gone from competitive. So we got that going for us.

I am extremely impressed with the n size of this group. The results are not too surprising, even if you watched a bit of scrims, you would know that they wanted breakout removed. 

Y'all gotta understand the context of them not changing the gameplay with autos or radar:

Thats overall GAMEPLAY. They haven't played with those settings AT ALL and it would be stupid as hell to change it like a month before champs.

Ask them again after and I guarantee those results will flip.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This community is so fucking stupid...they like radar and op autos?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Fixing point 2 will ealivate the problems of point 3.

Gonna have to disagrer. No radar shall improve this but it by no means fixes the issues the autos currently have. The storm rifle melts HEALTH (it can melt shields as is, not a problem) ridiculously quick, the AR's range is insane combined with stupid crouch and smart scope bonuses, and the SMG and suppressor are just redundant.

We shouldn't just try to improve our situation; we should find a solution TO the situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Honestly, I think it's important for automatics and radar to remain in HCS. We have to accept that for HCS to grow the pros have to be playing the same game as everyone else, which is obviously with radar and automatics. Creating our own niche gameplay for competitive play isn't going to help competitive Halo at all. Now, speaking of niche gameplay, Breakout...

• Downvote (-1) 5

You guys need to chill, as already mentioned they probably just went easy on the 2nd and 3rd question for the sake of consistency across whereas breakout is isolated and wouldn't change playstyle/strats etc. across the board.

and i REALLY don't like autos/radar but I can put up with it until after HWC.

i'm drunk btw so forgive me

@@Saucey would you please do a poll around season 2 time? Thanks!

I feel like this poll should have been for the NEXT season instead of the current one.
I know we have no clue if there is going to be an "HWC 2", but we would have gotten a more sincere representation of what the pros think about these gametypes/settings.

In my opinion, Breakout needs to go, enough said. I think 343 should at least let us test having no radar in Team Arena as I think radar severely slows down this fast paced gameplay at times (people crouch around more/don't use their abilities to scale the maps and camp with ARs). As for automatic weapons, I think the standard AR is fine, maybe slightly increase bullet spread. The SMG needs an increased bullet spread too, a bit more than the standard AR (if you changed that too). And the Storm Rifle should "overheat" a LITTLE bit quicker and cooldown should take SLIGHTLY longer. I haven't put too much thought into these topics besides Breakout, but I know other than these things, an improved tournament system (GB rules are terrible at times), and more truly good competitive maps being introduced before season 2, not much change needs to take place for this game to be a truly incredible competitive Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, I think it's important for automatics and radar to remain in HCS. We have to accept that for HCS to grow the pros have to be playing the same game as everyone else, which is obviously with radar and automatics.

I disagree. Nobody is getting interested into competitive Halo just because it uses the same settings. It all starts in the mind of a player. He is either interested into getting better or involved with the competitive scene or not. Casuals love things like SWAT just as much, even though it is BR starts, no radar and no shields. The goal is to make the competitive settings as competitive as possible while still being enjoyable. When has bending down for casuals ever done something good for Halo?

A change to the Automatics should happen across the whole "Halo Arena" experience (FFA, Slayer, Team Arena etc.) or just remove them from the maps and put them into Warzone. And no radar should at least be the case in the Team Arena playlist. So the Pros would still be playing the same game as everyone else.

Cmon guys, Stormriffles and Radar in competitive Halo? What have they done to us that we even discuss these things?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I cannot even begin to fathom why the pros would be perfectly okay jettisoning breakout, something they've practiced for a long while to get good at, but don't want to remove radar or fine-tune the weapons, something they've also practiced for a long while to get good at.

Weirdness.

• Upvote (+1) 5